Warrior Ritual CR1 Goal Stick

IPv6Freely

4 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Yeah

I’ve been using my CCM lately, but that’s mostly because of the pattern

It sets my hands perfectly in my stance and butterfly

Nothing like it when it just fits perfectly!

I love the way the puck jumps from both my Bauer and my True sticks! They jump beautifully; I almost feel like I am playing the puck LOL

Can’t wait to play again...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

In doing some of my comparisons, I feel like the NXG could arguably be the best stick on the market if were launched today. That stick is nearly 5 years old.

One of the reasons that I have been inquisitive about the CR1 users is that I think it's a very solid stick. I think if you are coming from a lower end Bauer, older Bauer, or Foam Core, it's a great upgrade and a phenomenal value. 

If you are comparing it to a 1S or 2S, it's not in the same category. However, it's priced appropriately around $200 for CR1 as you pay $300 for the high end Bauer. 

So not to get geeky... but how about we throw together a matrix of criteria for measuring stick qualities? The reason I ask is that as you may recall I currently use foam core but similar to your rationale on the CR1, it seems Warrior has answered all of my gripes of the first composite goal sticks. But you also mention then when compared to 1s or 2s the CR1 is not in the same category. I'm thinking something like this where maybe it comes up w/ a composite score for the stick... completely fictitious data below...

image.thumb.png.7bf8ef325c4760e9fb3e5615d32ef8f8.png

18 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

So not to get geeky... but how about we throw together a matrix of criteria for measuring stick qualities? The reason I ask is that as you may recall I currently use foam core but similar to your rationale on the CR1, it seems Warrior has answered all of my gripes of the first composite goal sticks. But you also mention then when compared to 1s or 2s the CR1 is not in the same category. I'm thinking something like this where maybe it comes up w/ a composite score for the stick... completely fictitious data below...

@IPv6Freely and I have discussed making things like this. I love the concept, but I don't know how to effectively let them live and let people edit them.

You 2S weight is off. I think that is going to be somewhere around 660G or 680G

57 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@IPv6Freely and I have discussed making things like this. I love the concept, but I don't know how to effectively let them live and let people edit them.

You 2S weight is off. I think that is going to be somewhere around 660G or 680G

It would have to be managed through an admin with submission rather than open edit to any member, with the required information as well as potentially pictures for paddle length and weight to substantiate. Some data points are open to a certain level of error or subjectivity, so as submissions for the various sticks they're logged and we have a large enough population, the value becomes a mean with standard deviation. Not saying it isn't some work, but if enough members would find it useful, it would be worth the time.

EDIT: I'm sure A LOT of what put in my example is off... but once we have real data we can truly measure a stick relative to others.

• A goalie can look up by what is important to them; weight, flex, or durability, and see what might be some good options
  • Trade Offs - Data Analysis
    • Does lighter weight always mean less durability?
    • Are flex and vibration control related?
    • Are particular brands progressing faster than others to have high scores across the board?

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

It would have to be managed through an admin with submission rather than open edit to any member, with the required information as well as potentially pictures for paddle length and weight to substantiate. Some data points are open to a certain level of error or subjectivity, so as submissions for the various sticks they're logged and we have a large enough population, the value becomes a mean with standard deviation. Not saying it isn't some work, but if enough members would find it useful, it would be worth the time.

EDIT: I'm sure A LOT of what put in my example is off... but once we have real data we can truly measure a stick relative to others.

• A goalie can look up by what is important to them; weight, flex, or durability, and see what might be some good options
  • Trade Offs - Data Analysis
    • Does lighter weight always mean less durability?
    • Are flex and vibration control related?
    • Are particular brands progressing faster than others to have high scores across the board?

Yes I'd be all for it. Much more useful than the multiple threads trying to get this kind of info and end up just being a bunch of people giving half answers that aren't useful. It's like starting a thread of "what is your height, ATK, and pad size in which brand?" and the replies are just their height and pad size. Without the ATK measurement, it's worthless data. 

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yes I'd be all for it. Much more useful than the multiple threads trying to get this kind of info and end up just being a bunch of people giving half answers that aren't useful. It's like starting a thread of "what is your height, ATK, and pad size in which brand?" and the replies are just their height and pad size. Without the ATK measurement, it's worthless data. 

This is where I need you the most! Any ideas how to effectively implement this?

1 hour ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

@TheGoalNet how's the P2 treating you so far? and what size did you go with?

It's fine. Very similar to my dialog on the Warrior. It's a nice stick for the price. Anyone using CCM already, a foam core, or something other than 1S will be happy with it. The Price curve is killer and that's what has made it my gamer lately. 

used the stick for the first time tonight, 

thoughts????

well its not as balanced as the 1s so you notice that at first, i ended up taping the grip, the 1s wins out here too.

shooting and puck handling i dont do much of, but what i did seemed fine, 

all in all id buy another one

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I read the one post by Matt but anybody else have a chance to try the CR1 and CR2 ? I am looking at getting one or the other. What is the main difference in them and how are they holding up ? I'm using Bauer Total One NXG sticks now and found a new CR2 locally for a good price but just wondering if its worth it. Also how close is Warriors paddle height to Bauer ? Thanks

On 5/2/2018 at 3:49 PM, IPv6Freely said:

On 5/2/2018 at 5:07 PM, TheGoalNet said:

This is where I need you the most! Any ideas how to effectively implement this?

This might not be the prettiest way to do it, but maybe create a TGN Google account and link a Sheet? This would allow open or restricted input on different pieces of gear and can easily be linked on the forum & accessed by all. 

On 6/19/2018 at 1:37 PM, Snowman30 said:

I read the one post by Matt but anybody else have a chance to try the CR1 and CR2 ? I am looking at getting one or the other. What is the main difference in them and how are they holding up ? I'm using Bauer Total One NXG sticks now and found a new CR2 locally for a good price but just wondering if its worth it. Also how close is Warriors paddle height to Bauer ? Thanks

Hey.  My kid has used the CR1 and CR2 now for several ice times.  I think I said this before, CR1 for games, CR2 for practices.  He did use the CR1 for a "high-end" camp he went to.  Basically he's got a good feel for the sticks now.

I asked him for any new feed back last night.

All he gave me was that the CR2 is a bit heavier and a bit stiffer.  Other than that they handle the same.  I'm pretty sure that if he'd be okay with only having the CR2.

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Hey.  My kid has used the CR1 and CR2 now for several ice times.  I think I said this before, CR1 for games, CR2 for practices.  He did use the CR1 for a "high-end" camp he went to.  Basically he's got a good feel for the sticks now.

I asked him for any new feed back last night.

All he gave me was that the CR2 is a bit heavier and a bit stiffer.  Other than that they handle the same.  I'm pretty sure that if he'd be okay with only having the CR2.

Thanks is for the feedback. I am going to pick up the CR2 then. I had the option to buy ether CR1 for $160 or CR2 for $100. If I can I might still grab the CR1 just for the heck of it. Thanks is again 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know the weight of the CR1 compared to an NXG? 

I've got one NXG and one 1S left. After that need to decide if I want to try the 2S, 2S pro or the CR1. 

I've now broken a couple 1S in about a year. I only play a couple times a week so not great on the durability but performance is amazing. NXG is a great stick too so as long as the CR1 is at least similar in weight to it, I might give it a try next. 

1 hour ago, 1C5 said:

I've got one NXG and one 1S left. After that need to decide if I want to try the 2S, 2S pro or the CR1. 

I've now broken a couple 1S in about a year. I only play a couple times a week so not great on the durability but performance is amazing. NXG is a great stick too so as long as the CR1 is at least similar in weight to it, I might give it a try next. 

I also use the NXG sticks and am looking at CR1 stick. They seem to be very close in weight. I thought are owner of the board did a weight comparison of them a while back ? There seems to be a few CR1's on Kijiji in Canada along with CR2's that people want to move. The ones listing 1s sticks are putting them up but don't want to move too much on the price. I used one NXG stick the whole season last year and still have another to use but the CR1 is getting a lot of good reviews.

The only one who didn't seem too impressed with it was some finnish guy on YouTube who said the stuff that suppose to stop the vibrations doesn't, and there was couple of other things he didn't like. I still want to try one especially if I can pick one up for under  $150 cnd.

On 5/2/2018 at 1:13 PM, BadAngle41 said:

Don't know if this helps, but this was posted earlier in this thread.

2 hours ago, old but slow said:

Don't know if this helps, but this was posted earlier in this thread.

It’s in the backlog... just need to do some research on how we can integrate something like that to the forum platform. Adds a dimension to the site where we can both discuss these things in topic threads, and be a comparison resource with data from the crowd. More to come. 

14 hours ago, 1C5 said:

Now available in some new stock colors per GoalieMonkey.com...

Black/Carbon                                                                                                             White/Navy/Smoke

image.thumb.png.f1ccea9a5775ec4a80b60e18de1db207.png   image.thumb.png.0854e815824f493208bd005e370f361e.png   

White/Red/Smoke                                                                                                    White/Smoke

image.thumb.png.26425256d1b12e6c8bfdc6e09bbc2e77.png   image.thumb.png.61b039741888afeacb4382548ffa0030.png 

Sunday night I lost my first game since switching to the CR1.  It was a good run, 6 games in a row.  I still played extremely well in this game but 2 fluky goals and 2 back door goals where my winger failed to get the guy streaking down the back side were the difference in the game.  Oh well.

Archived