Stock Graphics

TheGoalNet

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

Let's talk about these real quick.  Yuck.

image.png.7427c77769eadfc0147f15f822473443.png

I honestly don't think those are that bad.  Are they as good as the original they're based off of, no, but they're not far off though.

I'm surprised they still haven't re-done the 560 graphic yet.  I would buy those in a heartbeat.

image.png.813b552df81fc3b3bbc729525b9c6bde.png

I love these

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Y'know, the graphic works on the pads. The one thing that I immediately see, though, is that it almost makes the goaltender look knock-kneed when standing upright. Translating that graphic to the gloves is an absolute disaster, with the catcher being the worst of the two. The solution would've just been to chop it in half, keeping the top of the "K" shape to mirror the top half of the pad.

As for Koho graphics, aside from the OG Revolution graphic...I'd say these. The 590 graphic kicked so much ass.

o-PATRICK-ROY-facebook.jpgDICpk-ZU0AAJJBY.jpg

57 minutes ago, Murray said:

Y'know, the graphic works on the pads. The one thing that I immediately see, though, is that it almost makes the goaltender look knock-kneed when standing upright. Translating that graphic to the gloves is an absolute disaster, with the catcher being the worst of the two. The solution would've just been to chop it in half, keeping the top of the "K" shape to mirror the top half of the pad.

As for Koho graphics, aside from the OG Revolution graphic...I'd say these. The 590 graphic kicked so much ass.

Don't forget these...I have an autographed picture of this somewhere.

image.png.1474f87801a06331d130665f8d710e9e.png

58 minutes ago, Murray said:

Yea the glove definitely is a mess.

Here’s a question going back to the original topic.

Do endorsed athletes have any say in what the gear looks like? 

I recall reading a long time ago that Patrick Roy had a part in designing the Koho 500/560 graphic. 12-16 year old me loved the idea of wearing a pad “designed” by “Playoff Hero, Clutch Performer, Savior of the Habs, Missing Piece of the Avs, first of his name”* Patrick Roy, but 30+ year old me can see it as being a marketing blurb put out by Koho/CCM to get more people to buy. 

* Game of Thrones reference 

23 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

image.png.7427c77769eadfc0147f15f822473443.png

Those Revolution 579 pads are AWFUL. Easily the worst stock graphic I've seen in a long time. 

34 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Here’s a question going back to the original topic.

Do endorsed athletes have any say in what the gear looks like? 

I recall reading a long time ago that Patrick Roy had a part in designing the Koho 500/560 graphic. 12-16 year old me loved the idea of wearing a pad “designed” by “Playoff Hero, Clutch Performer, Savior of the Habs, Missing Piece of the Avs, first of his name”* Patrick Roy, but 30+ year old me can see it as being a marketing blurb put out by Koho/CCM to get more people to buy. 

* Game of Thrones reference 

I don't think they get asked, but I have no doubt that if Price went to CCM and said "hey, this looks a bit awkward, you should try this other thing on the next iteration" or something I'm sure they'd listen to some degree at least. 

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

I have no doubt that if Price went to CCM and said "hey, this looks a bit awkward, you should try this other thing on the next iteration" or something I'm sure they'd listen to some degree at least. 

I can say with almost utmost certainty that Carey Price, and probably 80% of all NHL goaltenders would have nothing valuable to add to the design process... I even say that allowing too much "pro" input led to a decade of tribal designs, ha ha ha.

11 minutes ago, Murray said:

I can say with almost utmost certainty that Carey Price, and probably 80% of all NHL goaltenders would have nothing valuable to add to the design process... I even say that allowing too much "pro" input led to a decade of tribal designs, ha ha ha.

Likely true, or else you wouldn't have so many sets of mismatched CCM gear!

1 hour ago, estogoalie said:

Do companies consider the "optics" of graphics from a shooters POV? Eg. Roy's KOHO's with the white 5-hole to "trick" shooters into shooting there. And if yes, what kind of study do they do?

I dunno that all seems like a bunch of nonsense to me. Same with the skaters thinking that black stick tape hides the puck. 

9 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I dunno that all seems like a bunch of nonsense to me. Same with the skaters thinking that black stick tape hides the puck. 

I probably think so as well, but you never know. I would imagine that a pad mfgr would at least do some type of research/study to have some definitive proof one way or the other.

On 11/7/2017 at 10:10 AM, Mike24 said:

Speaking of the original revolutions

This is was great design back in the time, but it looks even better on modern pads (after all those tribal things), this is how exactly should look classic design nowdays.

I said that before - great teaste for design Mike24 ;) .

On 11/8/2017 at 8:01 AM, Mike24 said:

Thanks I don't know why I wore my whalers mask that night.  

I also have the same set in all white boring I know. But I look at it like as an Irbe tribute. .  

KOHO should made white model with black accents. Something like this, but black instead of blue:

koho-equipment-combo-587-int-vin-main.jp

btw. To have separate set for home and away Jersey is never boring ;) .

• 6 months later...
On 11/6/2017 at 5:22 PM, estogoalie said:

Do companies consider the "optics" of graphics from a shooters POV? Eg. Roy's KOHO's with the white 5-hole to "trick" shooters into shooting there. And if yes, what kind of study do they do?

There is visual attention software that's used by marketing companies when laying out a design for a products packaging etc and it can figure out where the potential customers eye would go to first and track from there.  

We use it when laying out graphics for a businesses company vehicle printed wrap.

Archived