Hockey Chat Thread

SaveByRichter35

4 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Me too - Ottawa. But looking very good for the beginning of September at least. How about you?

Honestly, I have no clue. Rinks (I assume) could still be in use for COVID vaccinations in September around me here in the GTA, but maybe there's hope for October and beyond.

I don't even care about the my league starting on time/if at all this season (Let's be honest: I'd suck after almost 1.5 years not playing competitely and I probably wouldn't enjoy it), I just want shinny with the boys to resume again and hit the ice at somepoint in 2021.

Edited by creasecollector
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, seagoal said:

how'd the game go?

Won 2-1 but it was ugly lol.  This LI Warrior team I am on is made up of all Veterans and lot of guys are either new to the game or lower in skill, with 2-3 who are good.  They play in an E level division.  My team, the Knights, plays in a much more competitive league in the C division moving up to B in the fall.  So suffice it to say it was a much slower, less fluid game than I am used to.  I don't usually play the beer league games with them since its such a lower caliber.  I don't like to take playing time away from the other two goalies who more on that skill level who usually play these games.  Neither could make it though so I filled in.  I mostly play the travel games with the more advanced guys.  Great group of guys though, I love playing with all of them.  Its just such a different dynamic with a big group made up of all Veterans vs my other team where I am the only one.  They don't always get my sense of humor haha.

13 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I think @coopaloop1234 is more of a “pedal to meddle” type. 
As for the “drink no beer,” I think that constitutes grounds for dismissal from the group. Turn in your new custom set before leaving.

Are you the designated collection guy now who gets dismissed members' gear?

What's your ATK/FTK sir that makes you think you can handle my sick new V9s?? :)

10 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

Honestly, I have no clue. Rinks (I assume) could still be in use for COVID vaccinations in September around me here in the GTA, but maybe there's hope for October and beyond.

I don't even care about the my league starting on time/if at all this season (Let's be honest: I'd suck after almost 1.5 years not playing competitely and I probably wouldn't enjoy it), I just want shinny with the boys to resume again and hit the ice at somepoint in 2021.

Good news: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-vaccine-doses-end-july-1.6071473

Hopefully Ontario opens up this summer, and you can get some skates in before the winter season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Won 2-1 but it was ugly lol.  This LI Warrior team I am on is made up of all Veterans and lot of guys are either new to the game or lower in skill, with 2-3 who are good.  They play in an E level division.  My team, the Knights, plays in a much more competitive league in the C division moving up to B in the fall.  So suffice it to say it was a much slower, less fluid game than I am used to.  I don't usually play the beer league games with them since its such a lower caliber.  I don't like to take playing time away from the other two goalies who more on that skill level who usually play these games.  Neither could make it though so I filled in.  I mostly play the travel games with the more advanced guys.  Great group of guys though, I love playing with all of them.  Its just such a different dynamic with a big group made up of all Veterans vs my other team where I am the only one.  They don't always get my sense of humor haha.

Yes, that makes perfect sense.  I can relate on other similar levels .

Damn. How did I miss that you are a Veteran after all these years? Well I salute you.

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Are you the designated collection guy now who gets dismissed members' gear?

What's your ATK/FTK sir that makes you think you can handle my sick new V9s?? :)

My measurements are Irrelevant when gear is re-sold, and proceeds are put toward Brian’s gear. But chin up; it will at least be in the same colours! 😋

27 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

Jealous. Locked down in Ontario still. Have fun.

Things just opened up and I've done a lot of ground work to get in as much ice as possible. I messaged all of my old teams, subbed teams, and hockey acquaiantes just saying: "Don't foget about me, give me ice".

It's worked out so far.

26 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I think @coopaloop1234 is more of a “pedal to meddle” type. 
As for the “drink no beer,” I think that constitutes grounds for dismissal from the group. Turn in your new custom set before leaving.

I'd never meddle.

And I agree. I think the pads need to come my way first due to proximity. Then I can haggle Lucky here for some kickbacks.

3 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

He doesn’t like to mention it it too much, right @coopaloop1234…?

He's the veteran of my heart. 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

• Like 1

Had a fun game #2 last night with my new team, 7-4 win.  1 bad goal on me.  The puck got layed up at the top of the slot and a late to the zone guy crossed the blue line, stick cocked, and ripped this rocket low to my left, post, post, and in.  Great shot but shoulda had it.  Just too far to my right.

But.....while I was really excited to use my red gear in an non-tournament setting now that the gear is starting to feel normal and comfortable to me...I got my new blades this weekend and my right one was f'd, the back inside edge was blown out for whatever reason the second I took the ice.  So that was a huge distraction all game and instead of focusing on my gear and my game I had to focus on not injuring myself.  What a bummer. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, seagoal said:

Had a fun game #2 last night with my new team, 7-4 win.  1 bad goal on me.  The puck got layed up at the top of the slot and a late to the zone guy crossed the blue line, stick cocked, and ripped this rocket low to my left, post, post, and in.  Great shot but shoulda had it.  Just too far to my right.

But.....while I was really excited to use my red gear in an non-tournament setting now that the gear is starting to feel normal and comfortable to me...I got my new blades this weekend and my right one was f'd, the back inside edge was blown out for whatever reason the second I took the ice.  So that was a huge distraction all game and instead of focusing on my gear and my game I had to focus on not injuring myself.  What a bummer. 

The sad was about your skates!

Sorry to hear that about your skates. When you can feel that your skates are a bit wonky, you will not have a good game.

My sharpener was on the fritz and I did what the Sparx people told me to do and I was able to do my normal ten passes to my blades again. I skated on SERIOUSLY blunt blades just ‘cos I didn’t want to risk someone ruining them. Years back, I had my skates sharpened by a guy who didn’t dress the wheel and the skates were worse than before he touched them. Thankfully I was able to get them sharpened AGAIN at the rink I had gone to.

Your red gear is pretty sweet!

Edited by bunnyman666

@coopaloop1234

Coop I think I'm gonna go the Rinne route with the new bucket.  My buddy on my team likes painting monsters and shit and with Rinne having some of my all-time favorite masks I gotta go with it.  With Skeletons being our name/logo I think I'm set up nicely for a skeletal monster with large eyes. I'm pretty excited

image.thumb.png.5b3329f42fb695e4d88d0123ca898a68.png

Of course my favorite mask ever.....which you've associated with me for years :)

The Man and His Mask: Pekka Rinne - Puck Agency

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Roger that, yes, good call.  Match my graphic/color ways.  On it.

Even without the tie in, something that complements the pads would be ideal I think.

I wasn't a fan of Price's monster mask, especially since it clashed with his pads and jerseys. Rinne's monster masks work since he incorporates the Nashville colour scheme into it regularly.

Fan-Choice-Awards-gagnants-2021-carey-price-masque-960x540.jpg.91f6f18b954dca6ecd475754ad43b0d2.jpg

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Even without the tie in, something that complements the pads would be ideal I think.

I wasn't a fan of Price's monster mask, especially since it clashed with his pads and jerseys. Rinne's monster masks work since he incorporates the Nashville colour scheme into it regularly.

Fan-Choice-Awards-gagnants-2021-carey-price-masque-960x540.jpg.91f6f18b954dca6ecd475754ad43b0d2.jpg

I really like that Price mask but for sure it doesn't mesh with the team vibes well.

There was this Rangers mask once upon a time.  I think this type of eye would look sick with my red gear.

REMINGTON: The Top 100 NHL Goalie Masks -- 30-21 | Zone Coverage

Steve Valiquette of the New York Rangers watches the warm up period... News  Photo - Getty Images

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

He's gonna be salty after Islander win tonight.

I can’t even decide who’d be better for us: Tampa, cus they may succumb to the “ho-hum, well we won this last year, so let’s not kill ourselves over a repeat bid” or the Islanders because… well, they’re the Islanders.
Fun fact- we beat the Islanders 4-1 in the Wales Conference finals in 93 on our way to our last cup! Of course we just won the Campbell trophy last night, so who knows…

Edited by Lucky Pucker