2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

That's amazing. How have I never seen these?! (probably because I tend to focus on the Stars and their boring pads) It's a shame that the helmet doesn't match the rest of the set though.

Yeah that was a nasty set

Helmet was supposed to have a lot of "grit" and its actually a matte silver color, looks sick but doesnt match anything haha

if you want more pics look up "robin lehner inflames version raw" 

1 hour ago, Mike24 said:

That Canes mask is sharp.  Wish more goalies went with the Less is more approach. 

3 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

I like that. Getting strong Kirk Mclean / Bob Essensa vibes.

Good points -- I too wish more goalies would go this route and I think it is slowly changing.

On 1/23/2019 at 9:39 PM, raucebyalien said:

I don't think the Lou-father would allow anything like those ^ old Sabres ones 🤣 - didn't he tell Sparks that he had to lose the checkerboards set because they were attracting too much attention??

EDIT: I think Lehner's new set might be my favourite set of IV's yet

Yeah i doubt Lou would allow it lol hes pretty strict but thats what the isles have needed forever, someone who will make them buckle down and be serious. Isles have lacked accountability and hes brought it to them forsure

8 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Interesting that the Vaughn logos are visible on this stick yet on Kinkaid's, they're not.

Alex Nedeljkovic has been playing in the minors, theyre allowed to have it there

Kinkaid is a full time NHLer so hes not allowed to have it bc of the liscensing fees vaughn doesnt pay

18 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Jeff Glass’ new mask for the Gulls 

E0A26787-7E33-49AD-A600-0259CDC14AB3.jpeg

Too much on one mask. If just went full Maverick lid, the design would have been solid.

Instead he's got ducks in prop planes, the Gulls logo like Top Gun logo then some random items floating around the top - then the Maverick style stripes with his own name. 

Would have been quite original if he just went like real thing and saved the flying duck and other crap for later.

top-gun-cruise-3.jpg

I saw this on twitter and thought "why would that matter?" Then I checked my goalie privilege and remembered that my ideal knee pads are a mix of like 3 different brands. Skaters can be gear heads just like us haha. 

Auston Matthews with CCM shoulder caps on his Bauer shoulder pads. 

Screenshot_20190126-195029_Twitter.jpg

20190126_194836.jpg

Screenshot_20190126-195825_Google.jpg

1 hour ago, Mroy31 said:

I saw this on twitter and thought "why would that matter?" Then I checked my goalie privilege and remembered that my ideal knee pads are a mix of like 3 different brands. Skaters can be gear heads just like us haha. 

Auston Matthews with CCM shoulder caps on his Bauer shoulder pads. 

Screenshot_20190126-195029_Twitter.jpg

20190126_194836.jpg

Screenshot_20190126-195825_Google.jpg

"A bird ran into my giant freak head."

hqdefault.png

Double violations of #glovegate #blockergate and #padsgate all in one, simutaneously in the NHL All Star Mascot game

Carlton the Bear rocking McKenney pads and a heavily, heavily modded Bauer blocker with an old school Itech glove and saying F concussions, I'm rolling maskless. 

Wild Wing looking AMAZING In old Viktor Fasth gear with a sweet mask sewn on his head

@TheGoalNet you and these two in triple threat cage match.  Do it. 

@southpawtendy48 what about Carton's form on that save?

Studio_20190126_195702.jpg

Studio_20190126_195537.jpg

Archived