Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

On 5/22/2018 at 2:42 PM, Mroy31 said:

The Bauer IG account just posted that due to including a bunch of new colourways, the customizer will be delayed until the end of the month.  Don't have time right now to screengrab and post them all here, but there are waaaayyy more combinations than the Vapor or the options I was given when I pre-ordered.  I would have maybe just done White/Blue/Silver instead of White/Blue/Blue, but I like how the blue with the silver logos came out.

No dark based colourways still though

So the Vapor custom options aren’t all on the customized. I would highly recommend going to a dealer and going through the process so you can get the full potential of the custom options.

On 5/22/2018 at 1:15 PM, Mroy31 said:

@Awgoalie164 I'll let @Hills recount his stories with the Vapors, but with my last 2 sets of Supremes, they have been 8/9 weeks.  Not sure if there's an actual production reason that Vapors and Supremes would have different factors that affect delivery time, might just be personal luck (bad or good).

I got my set on the ice last night and they basically felt like a much sturdier/balanced version of my 1S, which is exactly what I was hoping for.  No real break in necessary for me.  I do wish they would update the strapping on their catch gloves though.  They never hold tight enough around my wrist, so I'll have to play with that a bit more.

Once I get my 1S set back from Rance, I'm planning on doing a comparison thread between the 1S and 2S.  There are a couple of updates outside of the obvious marketed changes.  The 2S also feel like they fit me better than my 1S despite being the same size, so I want to get a side by side comparison.

I am absolutely furious with Bauer right now. At first they said 60 days or about 8 weeks so I’m ok with that so I ordered them April 16th so should’ve gotten them about June 5th right? Wrong!!! After emailing back and fourth with a Bauer rep I found out it would be July 5th. This is because Bauer has an 80 day “lead time” they did not feel like telling about. Well guess the waiting will continue over the summer...

24 minutes ago, Awgoalie164 said:

I am absolutely furious with Bauer right now. At first they said 60 days or about 8 weeks so I’m ok with that so I ordered them April 16th so should’ve gotten them about June 5th right? Wrong!!! After emailing back and fourth with a Bauer rep I found out it would be July 5th. This is because Bauer has an 80 day “lead time” they did not feel like telling about. Well guess the waiting will continue over the summer...

lol to me that kinda sounds like Bauer from what I've been told about their costumer support . I've been also told by Bauer that zipper teeth falling out isn't regarded as "manufactures defect". I also went to my pro shop to ask if they could contact their rep for some help with a new zipper at least, they said the same thing to them. It doesn't help that almost all of my gear is Bauer, never had problems with them until recently. 

9 minutes ago, itis121 said:

lol to me that kinda sounds like Bauer from what I've been told about their costumer support . I've been also told by Bauer that zipper teeth falling out isn't regarded as "manufactures defect". I also went to my pro shop to ask if they could contact their rep for some help with a new zipper at least, they said the same thing to them. It doesn't help that almost all of my gear is Bauer, never had problems with them until recently. 

Bauer is starting to seem more like a pro based company and anyone under is kind of dismissed 

6 hours ago, Awgoalie164 said:

Bauer is starting to seem more like a pro based company and anyone under is kind of dismissed 

I think you're right about this. But how is this (perceived) pro focus working out I wonder?

Let me ask you this: of the 8 goalies listed in the rosters for the Finals (3 for Washington, 5 for the Knights), how many of them wear Bauer...? Not the starters. Hell, even GruBauer doesn't wear Bauer! LOL!

58 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I think you're right about this. But how is this (perceived) pro focus working out I wonder?

Let me ask you this: of the 8 goalies listed in the rosters for the Finals (3 for Washington, 5 for the Knights), how many of them wear Bauer...? Not the starters. Hell, even GruBauer doesn't wear Bauer! LOL!

They’re all in CCM ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, itis121 said:

I was told 8-10 weeks I ordered a week before you and I am suppose to get it and the end of June.  I was told 8-10 weeks when I did my pre-order.

On 5/5/2018 at 11:19 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Not defending Bauer, but I know why P31 only 

Bauer uses mold tooling to make the Ergo Spine. Due to the popularity of the P31, up front costs, and the timeline to bring this to market they decided to only launch with P31. I don’t know a date and it could be a very very long way out, but at some point you’ll be able to order more patterns 

If you go to you retailer there is actually more patterns available in the 2S and 2S Pro.  You just can't see it for Bauers website/customizer

Reason I know as I am doing a custom stick order for our University team and was given the custom form and it has more patterns available.

8 hours ago, thebigm said:

If you go to you retailer there is actually more patterns available in the 2S and 2S Pro.  You just can't see it for Bauers website/customizer

Reason I know as I am doing a custom stick order for our University team and was given the custom form and it has more patterns available.

Is this available to your average consumers? I asked Bauer about it and they said nothing would be available on My Bauer or anything 

What’s the minimum order?

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Is this available to your average consumers? I asked Bauer about it and they said nothing would be available on My Bauer or anything 

This is not just sticks. When I ordered my X900’s I wanted something to better match my team that the online customizer didn’t offer. If you go to a retailer the actual order form has almost every NHL teams color combination on there.

On 5/25/2018 at 10:42 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I can do it for the average consumer yes.

On 5/23/2018 at 4:58 PM, TheGoalNet said:

@thebigm @TGC-Rance @Aquilzz - any of your shops carry this 

On 5/23/2018 at 4:43 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

So does anyone know where I can get some replacement S.A.W. rubber attachments for my C2 mask?

I've been unable to find any third party store online that offers them, but I do have an RFQ in with the large local shop to see if they can get them for me. Just want to see if anyone on this site knows a good avenue to get these.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, I've pulled a @TheGoalNet and circled in a bright colour what I'm referring to.

Untitled.thumb.png.98801d3b53cfda225bf2b70d2f08e237.png

On 5/23/2018 at 4:58 PM, TheGoalNet said:

@thebigm @TGC-Rance @Aquilzz - any of your shops carry this 

No luck on these unfortunately. 

What is the big difference between the new  2s trapper and the 1s trapper besides the double T being standard ? I have a 1s trapper and am looking at possibly buying one of the new 2s trappers. Just wondering if it's worth it or not ?

1 hour ago, Snowman30 said:

What is the big difference between the new  2s trapper and the 1s trapper besides the double T being standard ? I have a 1s trapper and am looking at possibly buying one of the new 2s trappers. Just wondering if it's worth it or not ?

Mainly the double T is anchored a bit differently, the 2 ends are attached together at the glove instead of separate.  This change the shape of the pocket slightly.

Then the palm grip material is a little more textured to help keep the glove from slipping when you get later in games. 

The wrist cuff also feels more flexible. 

Unless anyof those points were things you really wanted changed, it's probably not going to be that much different of a glove. 

Just got the 2S Pro stick. Did not use it yet. Think the labelled sizes being so different among manufacturers is annoying? How about difference for even the same brand and sort of same model line...

My old Bauer Supreme NXG at 26-1/2", vs Supreme 2S Pro at 26".... will they be the same paddle length? Of course not!.... The 26" is like a whole inch longer! 

Duno... do I just happen to get an odd one or should I go with 25" 2S Pro instead? Will the 25" be like 3" shorter than 26", eh?

20180601_213808.jpg

20180601_214057.jpg

20180601_214234.jpg

Edited by oncogene

1 hour ago, oncogene said:

Just got the 2S Pro stick. Did not use it yet. Think the labelled sizes being so different among manufacturers is annoying? How about difference for even the same brand and sort of same model line...

My old Bauer Supreme NXG at 26-1/2", vs Supreme 2S Pro at 26".... will they be the same paddle length? Of course not!.... The 26" is like a whole inch longer! 

Duno... do I just happen to get an odd one or should I go with 25" 2S Pro instead? Will the 25" be like 3" shorter than 26", eh?

20180601_213808.jpg

20180601_214057.jpg

20180601_214234.jpg

lol i had the same problem when upgrading my vapor x:40 (which broke) to a 1s. I just adjusted my game/ stance rather than moving back to my backup vapor xx. In comparison to the 1s, the vapor xx was too heavy.

@oncogene yeah you're gonna want to drop down to 25" if you want the same size as the old model. There's another whole thread around here about all the messed up paddle sizing between brands.

I did the same thing you did when I got my 1S, had to go back and exchange it

27 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

@oncogene yeah you're gonna want to drop down to 25" if you want the same size as the old model. There's another whole thread around here about all the messed up paddle sizing between brands.

I did the same thing you did when I got my 1S, had to go back and exchange it

Yeah read and knew about that for between brands... just didn't expect same brand and (supposedly) same model line can still be so random in sizes. Gosh how hard is it to have the same real size with same size label. All these "technologies" about new goalie gears, and they can't even do a simple measurement ?

18 hours ago, oncogene said:

Yeah read and knew about that for between brands... just didn't expect same brand and (supposedly) same model line can still be so random in sizes. Gosh how hard is it to have the same real size with same size label. All these "technologies" about new goalie gears, and they can't even do a simple measurement ?

It's a pretty well known issue. The new sizing actually brings it more in-line with other rmanufacturers than before, so this is actually an attempt to correct the confusion, not cause new confusion.