Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

3 hours ago, 1C5 said:

Hope the durability will be ok. 

Valid concern. The one I saw was in an NCAA locker room. Said the stick was a couple months old and it looked in great shape. 

He also said the school makes them use composite and they only go through a few sticks a season 

• Like 1

Looking for some quick 1S feed back... I have a chance to swap my RGT pro set (all white) for a JRZ made 1S set.

2 things worry me... Stiffness and sizing. 

I wear a 33+1.5 and the 1S set is medium (34+1). The set is a WHL pro return and are supposed to have a "softer core." 

Any pros or cons of the 1S gear would be appreciated

8 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

2 things worry me... Stiffness and sizing...

Please tell me i'm not the only one who read that and immediately said to myself... "That's what she said."

Also... with no firsthand knowledge whatsoever... I say go for it. If the price is right it's worth a shot. 

Edited by BadAngle41
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Looking for some quick 1S feed back... I have a chance to swap my RGT pro set (all white) for a JRZ made 1S set.

2 things worry me... Stiffness and sizing. 

I wear a 33+1.5 and the 1S set is medium (34+1). The set is a WHL pro return and are supposed to have a "softer core." 

Any pros or cons of the 1S gear would be appreciated

With the sizing, keep in mind the stiffer pad will sit taller.  I went from 37+1 TotalONEs with soft breaks to a Large 1S and I'll probably be sizing down to Medium 2S/34+1 Optik in the spring.  I also don't use a boot strap though, so the pads also slide up even more in the bfly.

Without knowing how much "softer" they are, can't comment specifically on the stiffness, but I imagine even a softer 1S will still be a pretty stiff pad.

After 2 seasons with mine, I can honestly say that I like the way they play, but am disappointed in the durability. All the 37.5 material in the leg channels is ripped and torn, boot breaks are ripped open on the sides, and the top corner of one pad has a hole from overlap.

6 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

That's the major upside to this... It would be a straight trade.  So I'm not out anything. 

Durability would be a concern but JRZ made I'm guessing they'll stand up better than retail models.

received_962763327231150.thumb.jpeg.92f04792c8cdb41f82b13d0a9153d15f.jpegreceived_962763347231148.thumb.jpeg.51074ddb0155aa9bbd4ad2196f23b05c.jpegreceived_962763360564480.thumb.jpeg.43d77ba2d52ee1ca66c96c99cbff1e82.jpeg

They've got the original top binding, so you'll likely end up with the overlap wear that @gsmith0062 mentioned.  I've seen people patch that though, and depending on your workload it may take a while to get there.

45 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

They've got the original top binding, so you'll likely end up with the overlap wear that @gsmith0062 mentioned.  I've seen people patch that though, and depending on your workload it may take a while to get there.

I ended up passing. Had a good chat with @TGC-Rance and the sizing wouldn't work.  Thanks for the heads up all

38 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@cwarnar - great find, but yes, the made in Canada gear has the durability issue too 

A little pro active Pad Skins around the top binding and both gussets of the boot break area will make them last just fine 

you pulling the trigger?

No. I couldn't make the sizing work.  If they were going to be a long term set I would have snapped them up.  

@TGC-Rance mentioned about moving the knee block if it was a keeper set 

• Like 1