Bauer Gear

TheGoalNet

@thebigm

Lol, I should've known. Googling OCT took me to some East coast teacher union pages, and while I get being a teacher is tough, I didn't they they were supplementing their income by building goalie gear.

And vid works. Thanks. Looks to me like a typical stiffness of any 1S glove off the shelf. (I know the 2S in the vid is baked once)

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

@thebigm

Lol, I should've known. Googling OCT took me to some East coast teacher union pages, and while I get being a teacher is tough, I didn't they they were supplementing their income by building goalie gear.

And vid works. Thanks. Looks to me like a typical stiffness of any 1S glove off the shelf. (I know the 2S in the vid is baked once)

I will post a video of my personal 2S glove when it comes in without baking and than baking!

They are shipping out sometime in May.

23 minutes ago, Larceny#30 said:

I am not a Big Fan of Bauer  they gave me there top of the line mask for free I didn't want it so I got rid of the Bauer 960 xmp 

Huh? Did you get the 960 for free? or was it a different mask and you're just randomly telling us you're getting rid of the 960?

13 minutes ago, Larceny#30 said:

I have a question any one know if a Vaughn 7000 goalie chest protector any good 

It's a $600 C/A, so most definitely a good. Definitely not an antique at all. You should get it.

http://www.gametimesports.ca/product/ca7000

29 minutes ago, Larceny#30 said:

yes i did say I took a hard shot with the Bauer mask it cracks no good  plus Coveted has 5 and 10 year warranty on there masks 

You actually didn't mention that at all. Not in your history of posting here at least lol.

And many members here are in top of the line Bauer's (myself included) and haven't had a crack. Sounds more like a manufacturing defect to me, but hey, you got the mask for free (still trying to figure that one out) so it's all good right?

You kind of remind me of awgoalie who claimed that Warrior was a shit tier company because he was using and INT C/A and was claiming that shots from full grown men we're bruising him, lol.

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

So I have Reactor 9000 pads, and I removed the top straps; not because I really know what I’m doing, or what I like - more because I can feel like I did a mod without really doing anything.

Anyway, I was looking at my pads, and the strap holder/flap thing looks kinda dumb, so I had a closer look. I discovered that there’s a little pouch opening, and being the same shape as the flap, I tucked it in. Is that what it’s there for - or is it so you can put your weed in it...?

First pic is the flap/strap holder. Second is with it tucked inside the little pouch. 

(BTW - if there is proper terminology for these please tell me... flaps and pouches sounds a bit rude...)

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have detachable thigh straps on my Vaughns as well.  I kept them to carry the pads but remove them for game play.  I don't know how you carry yours but just an idea for you.

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You actually didn't mention that at all. Not in your history of posting here at least lol.

And many members here are in top of the line Bauer's (myself included) and haven't had a crack. Sounds more like a manufacturing defect to me, but hey, you got the mask for free (still trying to figure that one out) so it's all good right?

You kind of remind me of awgoalie who claimed that Warrior was a shit tier company because he was using and INT C/A and was claiming that shots from full grown men we're bruising him, lol.

I think that kid is on something, don't pay any attention to him....those masks don't crack just like that unless NHL players are looking for your head all game

4 hours ago, Larceny#30 said:

I am not a Big Fan of Bauer  they gave me there top of the line mask for free I didn't want it so I got rid of the Bauer 960 xmp 

3 hours ago, Larceny#30 said:

yes i did say I took a hard shot with the Bauer mask it cracks no good  plus Coveted has 5 and 10 year warranty on there masks 

This is hilarious. 

7 hours ago, Larceny#30 said:

I know was made over seas so I bought a local from a company in Mississauga called Coveted goalie mask 

I work in manufacturing and always prefer NA made gear when possible, but you do realize whatever device you posted this is on was made in China? 

It’s 100% possible to make a quality product over seas. 

I respect and support you wanted to buy local, but something doesn’t add up here?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I have detachable thigh straps on my Vaughns as well.  I kept them to carry the pads but remove them for game play.  I don't know how you carry yours but just an idea for you.

"Carry"...? Like, carry my own stuff...? Perish the thought - I have people for that. I also have people to tie my skates, strap my pads, and do my stretches and warm up for me. I'm presently interviewing someone to stand in front of the net for me too.  :giggle:

Truth is I bungee-cord them (nice soft fabric covered ones with plastic clips; they're shit for anything out in the yard - esp with Ottawa winters, but they're perfect for this) to the top of my bag. Yup - I'm a wheel bag weenie; my thinking is that I don't want to injure myself on the way to or from the rink (esp with a repeatedly-dislocated shoulder that almost popped in a game last week), so fuck it. Imma gonna get my wheelz on.

• Like 1