One thing I like about the EF4 cradle over the previous cradles is that the rubberized landing zone doesn't absorb water like the older incarnations did. It's softer and grippier, too. Probably the most stable knee landing I've ever used in any pad.

• Like 1

My custom set of EF4 came in last week and I could not be happier. Went through Wack at PureGoalie, who is amazing to work with and has my highest possible recommendation for anyone looking to order custom gear. The pic was taken by him BTW, which is way better than any photo I could take...

Specs: Leg pads - 34+1.5, double break, standard strapping, no boot strap; Glove: 580 break, intermediate palm, leather strap, single +1 T; Blocker: straight finger protection, intermediate palm. Colors are a blackout combo of weave and Speedskin (all black nylon on the back).

Everything is awesome, but the highlight for me has to be the glove. The 580 closure, while personal preference, is a dream come true for me and the large single T produces a great “snap” sound on impact. Also, with the intermediate palms, I finally actually fit properly into my gloves. 

58108848-30E1-4200-9571-A5C2A48BA383.jpeg

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

My custom set of EF4 came in last week and I could not be happier. Went through Wack at PureGoalie, who is amazing to work with and has my highest possible recommendation for anyone looking to order custom gear. The pic was taken by him BTW, which is way better than any photo I could take...

Specs: Leg pads - 34+1.5, double break, standard strapping, no boot strap; Glove: 580 break, intermediate palm, leather strap, single +1 T; Blocker: straight finger protection, intermediate palm. Colors are a blackout combo of weave and Speedskin (all black nylon on the back).

Everything is awesome, but the highlight for me has to be the glove. The 580 closure, while personal preference, is a dream come true for me and the large single T produces a great “snap” sound on impact. Also, with the intermediate palms, I finally actually fit properly into my gloves. 

58108848-30E1-4200-9571-A5C2A48BA383.jpeg

Nice set man. I wonder if this fits @TheGoalNet 's criteria for a solid coloured pad.

Anyone in a EF4 34 +2 wanna throw out your height, ATK, and FTK?

There is a full set of EF4s that are seriously flirting with me and I have never worn CCM before.  I"m a solid 35+2 in Vaughn, for sure, though.

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

Anyone in a EF4 34 +2 wanna throw out your height, ATK, and FTK?

There is a full set of EF4s that are seriously flirting with me and I have never worn CCM before.  I"m a solid 35+2 in Vaughn, for sure, though.

99% chance they’ll fit. 

Im a 34 in Vaughn and wear a 33” CCM at a 17” ATK 

Im guessing you’re around a 17.5-18” ATK depending on how you strap your pads 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

99% chance they’ll fit. 

Im a 34 in Vaughn and wear a 33” CCM at a 17” ATK 

Im guessing you’re around a 17.5-18” ATK depending on how you strap your pads 

Nice, thanks Chenner.  It seems to be pretty consistent that CCM = Vaughn - 1.    Yes, my ATK is just about a perfect 18. 

I also went from 34 in Vaughn to 33 in CCM so you should be pretty solid at that size. 

Posted (edited)

You'll be fine.  I went with a 35+2 EF4 in that size but could easily have gone 34+3 and been just fine. 

Edited by Puckstopper

9 hours ago, seagoal said:

Nice, thanks Chenner.  It seems to be pretty consistent that CCM = Vaughn - 1.    Yes, my ATK is just about a perfect 18. 

What is ATK and FTK?

1 hour ago, Peter36 said:

What is ATK and FTK?

Ankle to Knee

Foot to Knee

They're two different measurements that companies use to determine the correct sizing pad.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 11:07 AM, cwarnar said:

@Punisher Goalie A rare pic of a double break pad... They've gone the way of foam core sticks and skate cowlings

Sooooo used by the few that include myself? I have all of those things. My LT88s act like they're double break.

I think I know the answer already,  but do you guys who are familiar with EF4 think it's possible to ditch leather straps on a set built with them?  Would it just be a matter of installing a new velcro nylon strap or is there more to it, structurally?

I saw a new set posted today that checks all my boxes but the strapping.

9b334bcbdc82655b_small.jpeg.jpg

49 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I think I know the answer already,  but do you guys who are familiar with EF4 think it's possible to ditch leather straps on a set built with them?  Would it just be a matter of installing a new velcro nylon strap or is there more to it, structurally?

I saw a new set posted today that checks all my boxes but the strapping.

You would probably just need to figure out a way to keep the calf wrap from flopping around. Since on the strapless pads the big nylon strap is between the calf wrap and the inner landing area and it keeps everything in place more than it secures the pad to the leg. As those are you could probably just remove all the straps but that one that's looping through the wrap and you would be fine.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wox33 said:

You would probably just need to figure out a way to keep the calf wrap from flopping around. Since on the strapless pads the big nylon strap is between the calf wrap and the inner landing area and it keeps everything in place more than it secures the pad to the leg. As those are you could probably just remove all the straps but that one that's looping through the wrap and you would be fine.

Thanks for the reply.  I was so ready to buy this set until this pic.  Grrrrr.

13 hours ago, seagoal said:

Я думаю, что уже знаю ответ, но вы, ребята, знакомые с EF4, думаете, можно ли бросить кожаные ремни на наборе, построенном из них? Это просто вопрос установки нового нейлонового ремешка на липучке или есть что-то большее в конструктивном плане?

Я видел новый набор, опубликованный сегодня, который проверяет все мои коробки, кроме обвязки.

9b334bcbdc82655b_small.jpeg.jpg

I have a P4 which has the same leather straps in the harness. I installed instead of them elastic straps on the Velcro. maybe you will be interested in my experienceWal2pCfKMUM.jpg

Hey @wox33, how does that knee block look to you on the pic I posted above?  Particularly the middle section to the left of the base of the velcro strap coming out.  It looks soft and squished or something, like it's made out of a soft nylon.  Is that normal?

@ser33 that is a great mod, for sure.  If I end up getting this set I will for sure be looking to alter the strapping, which honestly, doesn't really excite me.  That's why I haven't grabbed these, yet.

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Hey @wox33, how does that knee block look to you on the pic I posted above?  Particularly the middle section to the left of the base of the velcro strap coming out.  It looks soft and squished or something, like it's made out of a soft nylon.  Is that normal?

It looks odd to me. Maybe it's the lighting in the pic but it looks the like block is wrapped in nylon instead of jenpro. Mine have a very slight indentation in that same spot but I think the jenpro can hold it's structure better than nylon can so you don't really notice it. Almost like its fabric glued to the block in the corner.

@seagoal also judging by the printed CCM branding on the back these aren't a retail set so they could be EF4s in graphic only depending on what the person who ordered them wanted.

@wox33These are pro returns from Kero from Michigan Tech, so they were custom, for sure.

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/goalie/goalie-full-sets/1077420-ccm-extreme-flex-4-goalie-full-set-regular-senior-pro-stock

The seller just uploaded close ups of the back of the pads....the knee block is definitely wrapped in nylon.

image.thumb.png.b08ae91a2b6888fa84ea44f866a7ed36.png

Edited by seagoal

Looks like the underside of the boot is as well. I'm pretty sure that's normally jenpro on the retail offering as well.