Board Members Gone MIA

RichMan

3 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

That's where seagull would tell me I'm too young to understand and I should enjoy my flexibility while I still have it

I mean, definitely don't go get ice cream with strangers from the internet

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

To give you guys some context, this all actually happened this past December.
I noticed some analogous behavioral patterns (flooding the board with certain posts at certain times; constantly responding/pumping threads he started; asynchronous narrative structure to his posts) - remembered he did the same thing as Dumpy, so I looked up the IP address on the new name (EthanAllen).
IP address yielded a nearly identical address, to the point that an IT friend of mine said if they weren't the same person, it was either a roommate or a neighbor leeching off his old wi-fi.

I brought in some additional folks in to poke around, we compiled some evidence and came to our conclusion.

Our little detective group decided we should out him via this thread that's now been hidden.
TGN disagreed after the post, said there was some suspicion of internet stalking, and concern of the situation possibly escalating to an in-person visit. 
A few years prior to all this, one of the mods actually got an unsolicited phone call from him - despite their number not being published anywhere on the board, nor ever given out via PM.

I mean, knowing what you all know now - how would this person (possible mental issues or no) respond to being outed in front of his community?  Really don't think he would have taken it well.

I'm probably acting a bit rogue from the rest of the mod team here, but IMO 5 months is plenty of time for him to process what he's done.

Ethan Allen (also a furniture company)? That's...kind of weird. He could have at least used a VPN or proxy of some sort so it wouldn't be obvious, it's super normal for administrative tools to show IP addresses and such. Essentially, "come on, man!"

55 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

That's where seagull would tell me I'm too young to understand and I should enjoy my flexibility while I still have it

Do that, but also work on your flexibility as you age so you don't do what I did and have snake-jaw-like jointed hips and dislocate for huge saves, thus tearing up your cartilage on reinsertion.

Anyway, you're old enough for an affogato now, sport.

52 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I mean, definitely don't go get ice cream with strangers from the internet

and timestamp on this one of 53:21

Edited by keeperton
  • Haha 1

Thanks for fleshing out the backstory for those of us not in the know @Chenner29. All just strengthens the initial assessment - even more fucked up and more sad than I originally thought. Just... weird. And seemingly unnecessary. 

Don't know that I would have the energy to track all that down but appreciate those that did.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Candyman said:

All I can say is WOW, I never would have thought that someone would do this.

Did Bunny or his second self as wife ever give up the Passmore blocker?

He did hand it down to "Ethan" lol. But no, dude still has it.

20 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

He did hand it down to "Ethan" lol. But no, dude still has it.

Wait...so just to confirm, that insane "First Win" thread was this fake dead Bunny dude making shit up about good ole' Gramps and how much he loved his team and his goalie partner? I would always read that thread when I needed a good laugh and now it all makes sense (not really). Every one of of those posts should have started with, "Dear Diary".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, froese said:

Wait...so just to confirm, that insane "First Win" thread was this fake dead Bunny dude making shit up about good ole' Gramps and how much he loved his team and his goalie partner? I would always read that thread when I needed a good laugh and now it all makes sense (not really). Every one of of those posts should have started with, "Dear Diary".

Correct. 

He had a couple "hand me downs" from his dad and they were Bunny's gear lol. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Candyman said:

All I can say is WOW, I never would have thought that someone would do this.

Did Bunny or his second self as wife ever give up the Passmore blocker?

8 minutes ago, froese said:

Happy Excuse Me GIF

Fascinating 

Here's Ethan with the Passmore blocker. lol 

Capture.JPG

• Haha 1

I feel a little violated seeing the Passmore blocker now. Wonder if his story about health issues was true now. He was really happy I sent him the blocker - although he never did anything fun for the forum with it. I was hoping he'd give more to the shenanigans I did with it on the GSBB.

I hope he's well though. Times we jammed he seemed cool. Internet forums are where the odd folks still hang out; so he's no different than me I guess. ha ha

Where's Moto? Asking for a friend.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

FWIW - I use a Kevin Weekes glove now all the time. I finally got it broken in and can catch with it.

F/S: Vaughn Legacy T6000 Catch - Kevin Weekes Model - Used Gear - THE  GOAL[ie] NET[work]

I've thought about starting a thread about the Weekes glove. Would be cool to get Kevin somehow to mention it on tv. Remember when he supposedly came on this board (to sell some brand he had)? We all wanted to ask him stuff and he bailed kinda quickly.

I had this for sale back in 2018. Bunny posted in the thread. hmmmm

Edited by MTH

On 5/8/2024 at 2:17 PM, MangoRhinehart said:

Ive mostly been lurking since I have been injured with a hamstring tear that just wont heal, but wtf bunnyman is alive!?!

Im wondering the same. Doug is still Alive? 

I supported his popper T shirt Campaign I own one. I was saddened when I heard of his “passing”  With the shirt he sent sent me I also received a “Doug the the hairdresser man” pen.  I dug it in out from my desk and put it on my center console of my truck after hear of his “passing”. 

If all this is true I hope he’d consider getting some help. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

What about @Steph Lawa what ever happened to him? I took over the gear sitings thread for him

I can confirm Steph is still kicking and has not faked his own death. He’s still rocking the latest Lefevre set and playing. I’m not sure why the posting stopped, probably just moved on. Makes me long for the GSBB days. I learned a lot in that era. 

Edited by RedX
  • Like 3

@bc30 doesn’t really check in here anymore. I’m Facebook friends with him and he posts there regularly. He goes on the Vintage Goalie Gear Facebook page a lot. I used to live in the same town as him and we would play at the same organized group weekly for a time. So I know he’s a real person. Of course, I’ve moved three times since then so, who knows, maybe he’s ai now. (Artificial intelligence not Allen Iverson).