Need help picking a helmet

I'm looking to buy a new mask for my upcoming high school season. I currently use a Bauer Concept C2 and I don't find it to be adequate enough as I am getting ringers in my helmet.

I want to buy a helmet that if possible won't be over $600 and something that will hold up to high-level shots and be getting hit 3-4 times a game. I've been considering OTNY and Coveted to name a couple and just need help deciding. I would also need the smallest head size possible because I'm short and tiny.

Thank you all for your time!

42 minutes ago, Asiap25 said:

I'm looking to buy a new mask for my upcoming high school season. I currently use a Bauer Concept C2 and I don't find it to be adequate enough as I am getting ringers in my helmet.

I want to buy a helmet that if possible won't be over $600 and something that will hold up to high-level shots and be getting hit 3-4 times a game. I've been considering OTNY and Coveted to name a couple and just need help deciding. I would also need the smallest head size possible because I'm short and tiny.

Thank you all for your time!

check out the bauer nme 10 on goalie monkey. 500$ fit 2 or 1 should be good for you

I think the OTNY with Maltese may be something to look into. Also don’t forget about Sportmask, many people swear by theirs.

And of course, if you don’t need certification where you play (but you probably do), Protechsport might be the way to go, though they have long wait times.

1 hour ago, TitanG said:

I think the OTNY with Maltese may be something to look into. Also don’t forget about Sportmask, many people swear by theirs.

And of course, if you don’t need certification where you play (but you probably do), Protechsport might be the way to go, though they have long wait times.

Word is Maltese doesn’t use their foams for OTNY’s helmets anymore and they’re currently working on getting some other foam. might just be rumors though. I do know you can’t custom order from OTNY currently w/ Maltese foam, just their stock foam for now

+1 for OTNY, currently working out a custom order, their response time is unreal and their service is phonomenal, w/ the exception of them working on getting new mask foams (can still get a mask w/  their stock foam) sportmask is also a great choice, reason why I chose OTNY is because of league rules & you can’t get certified Cateye with sportmask, (which is what I prefer)

12 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I’d vote for Protechsport or Sportmask 

@Mroy31 - do you like your Masked Marvel?

Definitely a +1 to Masked Marvel

It cost the same as my previous Bauer 950 and Joe made sure to get the size dialed in properly.  There wasn't a mold process, which I would be curious to go through, but the quality of this mask is great.

On 8/14/2018 at 6:49 PM, southpawtendy48 said:

Word is Maltese doesn’t use their foams for OTNY’s helmets anymore and they’re currently working on getting some other foam. might just be rumors though. I do know you can’t custom order from OTNY currently w/ Maltese foam, just their stock foam for now

Looks like there still are some of the GoalieParts website with the Maltese, but they now also have some with ECO foam.  According to them it's just as protective as the Maltese. I wonder how true that is?

51 minutes ago, TitanG said:

Looks like there still are some of the GoalieParts website with the Maltese, but they now also have some with ECO foam.  According to them it's just as protective as the Maltese. I wonder how true that is?

the mCC, yeah I saw it. Not one of the masks on OTNY’s site. Just X1 PRO, X1M and X1M Elite. Maltese doesn’t want them using their foam for some reason now. I don’t see companies like sportmask having Maltese and they’re doing just fine. 

Last I heard they were undergoing testing with their new one foam (probably done now as you can see) I hope it works out for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived