Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

21 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Good question, I’ll ask him about that. I know with some guys there’s an up charge on certain paint finishes

Not exactly sure yet, thinking of mostly elements from whitechapel and possibly korn, with #77 and #80 on the backplate, the ladder is a for sure thing for me right now

(#77 was the kid around my age who got hit with an attempted dump in in the back of the head, i know some people may have forgotten about that) 

Nice, that sounds good. Looking forward to seeing the final product. 

I am handing off my new Sportmask this coming Tuesday for my Rinne tribute paintjob (hopefully....we shall see. I'm technically not a "client" of the artist so I'm still feeling awkward about how specific or rigid I should be).

Anyway, I like to sketch out concepts and element choreography so here's what I just came up with.  A red monster wearing a mask made of bone

20210718_182416.thumb.jpg.14c6d7d55b6fb98b85d54decef2595f1.jpg

Inspired by this mask

1780224409_rsw_600h_600.jpeg.jpg.3ffad918a2ce199447890e4a88315b56.jpg

For my last mask it went from this

20190116_192742_1547695781758.thumb.jpeg.bd88ff6c9a3df7fe77b9737a6eb6788a.jpeg

To this

20190425_131011.thumb.jpg.7554b5109da2948b6b40d6f95cc77638.jpg

20190425_130959.thumb.jpg.45071eb90f665e2270d32acb3d48792d.jpg

20190425_130948.thumb.jpg.7c4feb8f7862426431cc348eba9e0c5c.jpg

So we shall see. One think you can NOT accuse me of is lacking vision :)

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, botpixel said:

gotta love retro styling and poor positioning

DSC_5173.jpg

GTs with straps??

11 hours ago, beansbats said:

I have a couple of new items.  A bucket list mask - A NOS Mike Richter Cubberly shell purchased from Ed directly and finished by Ray at New Image.  I'm going to wear it tonight.  And a Corey Crawford Kenesky chesty.  

IMG_4280.jpg

Beauty! When and where did you score this?

8 hours ago, seagoal said:

Nice, that sounds good. Looking forward to seeing the final product. 

I am handing off my new Sportmask this coming Tuesday for my Rinne tribute paintjob (hopefully....we shall see. I'm technically not a "client" of the artist so I'm still feeling awkward about how specific or rigid I should be).

Anyway, I like to sketch out concepts and element choreography so here's what I just came up with.  A red monster wearing a mask made of bone

20210718_182416.thumb.jpg.14c6d7d55b6fb98b85d54decef2595f1.jpg

Inspired by this mask

1780224409_rsw_600h_600.jpeg.jpg.3ffad918a2ce199447890e4a88315b56.jpg

For my last mask it went from this

20190116_192742_1547695781758.thumb.jpeg.bd88ff6c9a3df7fe77b9737a6eb6788a.jpeg

To this

20190425_131011.thumb.jpg.7554b5109da2948b6b40d6f95cc77638.jpg

20190425_130959.thumb.jpg.45071eb90f665e2270d32acb3d48792d.jpg

20190425_130948.thumb.jpg.7c4feb8f7862426431cc348eba9e0c5c.jpg

So we shall see. One think you can NOT accuse me of is lacking vision :)

Nice! Very awesome idea. Can't wait to see it

Edited by southpawtendy48

12 hours ago, RichMan said:

Beauty! When and where did you score this?

The Cubberly came from Ed himself when he was selling off old shells in January.  The shell went to Ray at New Image to be finished, and it is finally landed in my hands.  The chesty came from prostockhockey.com.  

2 hours ago, beansbats said:

The Cubberly came from Ed himself when he was selling off old shells in January.  The shell went to Ray at New Image to be finished, and it is finally landed in my hands.  The chesty came from prostockhockey.com.  

So you the one that jumped on it. I got the PSH notification but was too late checking it and it was gone. Is it a large or xl? 

22 hours ago, RichMan said:

So you the one that jumped on it. I got the PSH notification but was too late checking it and it was gone. Is it a large or xl? 

Good question.  PSH had it listed as a an XL, but I'd say L / XL body with L or M arms.  The arms are definitely not XL. 

On 7/20/2021 at 7:39 AM, beansbats said:

Good question.  PSH had it listed as a an XL, but I'd say L / XL body with L or M arms.  The arms are definitely not XL. 

On 7/19/2021 at 9:26 AM, RichMan said:

@beansbats -

How many rows of horizontal padding from the bottom of the collar?  6 is Large, 7 is XL.

Kenesky would size the upper and lower arm protection separately (ie. you could order a longer bicep piece than forearm, vice versa, not at all, or trim both pieces)

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 11:48 PM, Chenner29 said:

@beansbats -

How many rows of horizontal padding from the bottom of the collar?  6 is Large, 7 is XL.

Kenesky would size the upper and lower arm protection separately (ie. you could order a longer bicep piece than forearm, vice versa, not at all, or trim both pieces)

This is great information.  Thank you.  It has 7 rows, so it is a XL body.  The arms have a long upper arm, but short lower.  I actually love the arm configuration with the short lower because it is much easier to move my gloves without interference.  

Just completed a glove relace and will test it over the course of the season. First picture is a comparison of new lace to old and second and third pictures are the final product.

4B89E275-292B-4C11-A5A3-AA9A5D5FAE6E.thumb.jpeg.25d20b42f751193e5a723c57c9aa634b.jpeg

E60A0910-0FC3-490C-A509-20C25F513074.thumb.jpeg.07316fe28839f50944652b60d5ced7a8.jpeg

D4CB529A-8FB6-42F0-BAD0-307874ADFBED.thumb.jpeg.4bec7b93261fa32bdbd6bed8bbdfc686.jpeg

This was inspired by Warrior’s warp pocket prototype and greatly increases visibility within the pocket. The holes are also small enough that a puck shouldn’t get through. 

37 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Just completed a glove relace and will test it over the course of the season. First picture is a comparison of new lace to old and second and third pictures are the final product.

4B89E275-292B-4C11-A5A3-AA9A5D5FAE6E.thumb.jpeg.25d20b42f751193e5a723c57c9aa634b.jpeg

E60A0910-0FC3-490C-A509-20C25F513074.thumb.jpeg.07316fe28839f50944652b60d5ced7a8.jpeg

D4CB529A-8FB6-42F0-BAD0-307874ADFBED.thumb.jpeg.4bec7b93261fa32bdbd6bed8bbdfc686.jpeg

This was inspired by Warrior’s warp pocket prototype and greatly increases visibility within the pocket. The holes are also small enough that a puck shouldn’t get through. 

My only concern is to make certain the web is tight enough. Pretty cool execution, Trace!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Forgot to add this picture showing just how good visibility is

8C35C5CE-20A5-4BD7-BA5F-A72E23A59839.thumb.jpeg.ccaee403556b62660116c6f78c46e4a8.jpeg

Certainly not difficult to tell whether or not it’s on the pocket!

That won't be fine in a long run. It looks like you have G2 but G3s had issues with neting from the factory. A lot of these gloves came back for relacing because pucks went through. Incuding mine - I relace it myself because I didin't want to wait. Issue is that with every puck you catch string will move and shift at cross points and start open holes big enough to puck go through - you should be able to make such a hole with your fingers. If you would be able than puck iven more so.

4 hours ago, Nohtaram said:

That won't be fine in a long run. It looks like you have G2 but G3s had issues with neting from the factory. A lot of these gloves came back for relacing because pucks went through. Incuding mine - I relace it myself because I didin't want to wait. Issue is that with every puck you catch string will move and shift at cross points and start open holes big enough to puck go through - you should be able to make such a hole with your fingers. If you would be able than puck iven more so.

Warrior was experimenting with this style of pocket lacing and a few pics leaked out last year. That style of cord (probably a denser spec would work better) would be the only type for this style of weave. Skate lace would be disastrous. I have my doubts on the durability of this type of pocket, but being able to see the puck can be important. As long as I feel the puck drop into my basket-like floating T is all I need, but some goalies’ sensibilities could be different.  My intuition would be that this would be okay with a very stiff spec of paracord, but would definitely need more maintenance due to the concerns you bring up. Trace is a thinking man, and experimentation is just as important as getting your reps in!

As I say- as long as it’s given a good trial period before being put through its paces in game situations, see how it goes. If worse comes to worse, a puck will go through the settled/loosened webbing and Trace will have to re-weave a pocket. 

I think the pocket is the next area for innovation. Part of me wonders if the net from a goal could provide with the visibility of that style of weave with the soft nature of skate lace. 

Edited by bunnyman666

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Warrior was experimenting with this style of pocket lacing and a few pics leaked out last year. That style of cord (probably a denser spec would work better) would be the only type for this style of weave. Skate lace would be disastrous. I have my doubts on the durability of this type of pocket, but being able to see the puck can be important. As long as I feel the puck drop into my basket-like floating T is all I need, but some goalies’ sensibilities could be different.  My intuition would be that this would be okay with a very stiff spec of paracord, but would definitely need more maintenance due to the concerns you bring up. Trace is a thinking man, and experimentation is just as important as getting your reps in!

As I say- as long as it’s given a good trial period before being put through its paces in game situations, see how it goes. If worse comes to worse, a puck will go through the settled/loosened webbing and Trace will have to re-weave a pocket. 

I think the pocket is the next area for innovation. Part of me wonders if the net from a goal could provide with the visibility of that style of weave with the soft nature of skate lace. 

6 hours ago, Nohtaram said:

I did end up using the original lacing on my G3 Pro glove. After nearly 3 years of use in juniors and travel hockey the netting was ready to fall apart. If I have any issues at all I have different cord on hand to avoid breakage. And as for the reason warrior’s idea works so well, since it’s a mesh pocket and not a lace pocket the holes can’t stretch any bigger than they already are whereas you guys mentioned mine can. I hope to get ice time today with this pocket. 

7 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I did end up using the original lacing on my G3 Pro glove. After nearly 3 years of use in juniors and travel hockey the netting was ready to fall apart. If I have any issues at all I have different cord on hand to avoid breakage. And as for the reason warrior’s idea works so well, since it’s a mesh pocket and not a lace pocket the holes can’t stretch any bigger than they already are whereas you guys mentioned mine can. I hope to get ice time today with this pocket. 

Have you tried to actually force a puck to go through one of the holes rather than just setting a puck in the pocket and saying that the puck is bigger than the holes?

10 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

All you can do is test. That is the only way to know.