Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

What didn't you like about the CCM glove?

Aside from CCM gear being poo.

Closure was questionable considering the palm seal, odd shape of the glove and the stiffness that wasn't even warranted because despite it being a pro palm there's a gap in the padding towards the pinky finger side of the glove which I received a couple bruises through. Warrior gloves haven't let me down yet so why change what works. I'm far from the first to appreciate this combo.

Tendy Gear on Twitter: "Tim Thomas (Florida Panthers) CCM E-Flex Pro setup  with Warrior Ritual 2 glove http://t.co/UsM0MlXjyg"

• Like 4

18 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Aside from team issued stuff this is the final piece of the puzzle

307E0116-757E-4B96-BECF-79A2F80E1B34.thumb.jpeg.2f6d949f925e62c20a9641c888b413a4.jpeg

Finally ready to perform this season and hopefully get plenty of game time despite it being my first year of juniors. 

I'm guessing it's the G5? I tried one on today and although the closure was butter, I don't like the shape. It seems built long compared to my GT which looks rounder. Maybe it's just me.

Now you need a family pic :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RichMan said:

I'm guessing it's the G5? I tried one on today and although the closure was butter, I don't like the shape. It seems built long compared to my GT which looks rounder. Maybe it's just me.

Now you need a family pic :D

GT 1 was also a 70 degree break where as the Ritual line and the GT2 are both 75.

It's quite a different feel and I'm with you on this one Rich, I much preferred the GT1 over the GT2/RG5 gloves. But they're close enough where it's not too alien.

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

GT 1 was also a 70 degree break where as the Ritual line and the GT2 are both 75.

It's quite a different feel and I'm with you on this one Rich, I much preferred the GT1 over the GT2/RG5 gloves. But they're close enough where it's not too alien.

True. Either gloves feel nice in my hand and difference is very minute. But the T is much longer on the G5 in my eyes, which I'm not a great fan off. The GT glove looks and feels small on my hand and that suits me well. Better glove control for me. I am eyeing the GT2 though to match my pads.

11 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Varly spec pants from Vaughn

Dropped down to a size L with a medium inseam (shorter pant in the thigh), and  added the suspender tabs on the inside

Forgot to ask them to put a fight strap loop on the inside, guess I'm doing some sewing this weekend

image.thumb.png.0c88708ea449ff38116a6c06ea9e6013.png

How did you specify those when ordering: is it Velocity or SLR or some non-retail pro-pant?  These look identical to what the pros are in but it's difficult to tell what they are without the branding

22 minutes ago, seagoal said:

How did you specify those when ordering: is it Velocity or SLR or some non-retail pro-pant?  These look identical to what the pros are in but it's difficult to tell what they are without the branding

I just told them I have some Varly pro returns and asked for a duplicate, but smaller. 

The pants I have were from his Colorado days, so I believe they were the larger dimensions.

We went over the details (Medium is 2 inches shorter than an XL) and what else I wanted, took my card # and address and then the wait began.

EDIT: tag on the bag says P7800, they look pretty damn close.

image.png.ac2d8603ff94262f30740368e4838e2b.png

19 minutes ago, RichMan said:

True. Either gloves feel nice in my hand and difference is very minute. But the T is much longer on the G5 in my eyes, which I'm not a great fan off. The GT glove looks and feels small on my hand and that suits me well. Better glove control for me. I am eyeing the GT2 though to match my pads.

Won't go wrong with the GT2 glove. It's been great after the initial adjustment from a GT1.

• Like 1

Played a really fun pickup game early this evening against a really old school stand-up, super aggressive goalie almost a couple decades older than me.

He uses intermediate pads and I got a kick out of our pads side by side.  His are so damned squishy it's hilarious.   I have always loved the V3 graphic for all it's convolution .  This guy was great to watch.

That width difference though...oof.

20210903_211337.jpg

20210903_171626.jpg

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, seagoal said:

Played a really fun pickup game early this evening against a really old school stand-up, super aggressive goalie almost a couple decades older than me.

He uses intermediate pads and I got a kick out of our pads side by side.  His are so damned squishy it's hilarious.   I have always loved the V3 graphic for all it's convolution .  This guy was great to watch.

That width difference though...oof.

I wanna make s'mores with those V3s, they look so squishy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2021 at 10:50 PM, Chenner29 said:

I just told them I have some Varly pro returns and asked for a duplicate, but smaller. 

The pants I have were from his Colorado days, so I believe they were the larger dimensions.

We went over the details (Medium is 2 inches shorter than an XL) and what else I wanted, took my card # and address and then the wait began.

EDIT: tag on the bag says P7800, they look pretty damn close.

image.png.ac2d8603ff94262f30740368e4838e2b.png

So you managed to order directly with Vaughn? I recently asked them about ordering such custom pants and they said that I'd have to go via an official supplier because they don't sell directly.

Also, what did those end up costing you? Vaughn custom pants are quite high on my gear bucket list. 

3 hours ago, Mikesch said:

So you managed to order directly with Vaughn? I recently asked them about ordering such custom pants and they said that I'd have to go via an official supplier because they don't sell directly.

Also, what did those end up costing you? Vaughn custom pants are quite high on my gear bucket list. 

Yes, I was given a contact in the Michigan plant through a friend of mine.  Because of that, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to divulge what I paid as it seems like I got a bit of help