Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Excuse me, a YEAR?

I knew a few other folks who ordered too and they were stuck with year plus long wait times. Ridiculous. Constant excuses with why it wasn't getting done. 

4 hours ago, Kayen said:

I knew a few other folks who ordered too and they were stuck with year plus long wait times. Ridiculous. Constant excuses with why it wasn't getting done. 

Yup just over a year.

Shortened the arms by 1/2" and had them beef up the floaters and arms. Feels great when putting it on, first test will be next week when I have a few skates back to back.

4 hours ago, Novasteel31 said:

Yup just over a year.

Shortened the arms by 1/2" and had them beef up the floaters and arms. Feels great when putting it on, first test will be next week when I have a few skates back to back.

After a year wait that thing should come with a Star Wars tractor beam installed

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Novasteel31 said:

Finally got my new chesty in, let's now see if it was worth the year wait 🫣🤨😬🤯

PXL_20240603_235525548.jpg

That chest plate looks very Brown'ish. Those shoulder wings flare like crazy! Do they sit like that when wearing it?

Overall looks nice.

2 hours ago, RichMan said:

That chest plate looks very Brown'ish. Those shoulder wings flare like crazy! Do they sit like that when wearing it?

Overall looks nice.

Chest plate is a touch bigger then what I am accustomed too. Shoulders are nice, must just be the way the pic is taken, I will take a few pics wearing it once I've had a chance to play around with it more this weekend. I have a skate tomorrow but wont have time to get it dialed in, but I have 3 skates next week with some boys that can shoot.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2024 at 8:50 PM, southpawtendy48 said:

Excuse me, a YEAR?

On 6/5/2024 at 10:31 PM, Kayen said:

On 6/6/2024 at 7:23 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

After a year wait that thing should come with a Star Wars tractor beam installed

I was the original sucker that gave them a base Premier 1 to tear apart and clone.

Full disclosure, I did get a donor discount on the unit.

They were getting units out to the NHL and to other retail customers before I got mine.  I waited a little over a year, IIRC.

I respect prioritizing the pro units, but you'd think they'd hook up the guy that helped get their logo into the show.

Emailed them about this time last year to get some simple items made (velcro straps, etc).  Was told they were completed but never heard from them after that, even after two follow ups.  No invoice sent, no money exchanged.

Not sure what's going on, but I won't miss them.

37 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I was the original sucker that gave them a base Premier 1 to tear apart and clone.

Full disclosure, I did get a donor discount on the unit.

They were getting units out to the NHL and to other retail customers before I got mine.  I waited a little over a year, IIRC.

I respect prioritizing the pro units, but you'd think they'd hook up the guy that helped get their logo into the show.

Emailed them about this time last year to get some simple items made (velcro straps, etc).  Was told they were completed but never heard from them after that, even after two follow ups.  No invoice sent, no money exchanged.

Not sure what's going on, but I won't miss them.

Yeah it was a super long and annoying process, hopefully the unit is great but truthfully don't know if i would do the wait like that again. 

It's sad to see a successful small company break out big only to falter unexpectedly and kill their own success. More often than not it's a question of logistics cause their product is obviously what got them up there. A few good brands have succumbed to this. 

10 minutes ago, RichMan said:

It's sad to see a successful small company break out big only to falter unexpectedly and kill their own success. More often than not it's a question of logistics cause their product is obviously what got them up there. A few good brands have succumbed to this. 

Don't think Kenesky really saw any continued success/usage of their units after that big initial wave of Pro's trying them. 

I think there's a few guys who use parts of their C/A's, but compared to the sheer volume of units that left, it pales in comparison. 

38 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Don't think Kenesky really saw any continued success/usage of their units after that big initial wave of Pro's trying them. 

I think there's a few guys who use parts of their C/A's, but compared to the sheer volume of units that left, it pales in comparison. 

I agree with you (boy that sounds weird ;)). If anything, Kenesky can be the go-to guys for the P1 lovers out there. That's the thing with competition, you know someone else will jump in with their version to grab a piece of the pie. 

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Except it wasn't really "their" product.  They copied it.  No judgment there, the market wanted it and they saw an opportunity.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Wonder how much their lack of visibility today in the pros is due to their extended lead times?
Or did pros evolve out of it for another reason besides not being able to get them in their rooms?

6 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Except it wasn't really "their" product.  They copied it.  No judgment there, the market wanted it and they saw an opportunity.

Wonder how much their lack of visibility today in the pros is due to their extended lead times?
Or did pros evolve out of it for another reason besides not being able to get them in their rooms?

I thought that the immediate adoption rate of the test units was pretty low out the gate anyways, I have a feeling guys didn't like it. 

I have no proof of it, I'm just basing this off of the usage of these dwindling pretty quickly in the gear sitings thread. 

Always wanted to try the one piece skates. Found a pair on Facebook and was impulsive (was going to wait for 9x4s). Coming from AS1s, which feel like they have a neutral pitch, these feel similar. More comfortable on the foot, but slightly painful getting them on. Couldn’t get them on before baking. Trying them out on Tuesday and may wear them for a playoff game Wednesday. 

IMG_1907.jpeg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Wake42 said:

Always wanted to try the one piece skates. Found a pair on Facebook and was impulsive (was going to wait for 9x4s). Coming from AS1s, which feel like they have a neutral pitch, these feel similar. More comfortable on the foot, but slightly painful getting them on. Couldn’t get them on before baking. Trying them out on Tuesday and may wear them for a playoff game Wednesday. 

IMG_1907.jpeg

To be expected, they weren't molded to your foot shape. Here's hoping they work out 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2024 at 7:36 PM, Novasteel31 said:

Chest plate is a touch bigger then what I am accustomed too. Shoulders are nice, must just be the way the pic is taken, I will take a few pics wearing it once I've had a chance to play around with it more this weekend. I have a skate tomorrow but wont have time to get it dialed in, but I have 3 skates next week with some boys that can shoot.

I've had 4 skates in this thing now and I can certainly say that it is a carbon copy of the P1 as we already knew. It felt a little stiff in the first skate but it has since broken in a touch and feels much better. I have taken a few shots off the chest plate and it has given out a juicy rebound but I think that might be more adapting to the unit then the unit itself. I haven't taken anything crazy off the arms yet, did get a few off the shoulders and those felt fine. Overall the unit feels good, quality of build looks good, not sure that it was worth the wait time though. We shall see how it hold us I guess.

Got my Kova today.  Took 2 weeks from order to my door.  Not bad for being shipped from Finland to Canada. Gotta admit, will take some time to get used to.  By looks of it, protection is 100 times better than my flimsy old Brian's.

PXL_20240617_183607837.jpg

• Like 8

7 hours ago, daffy said:

Got my Kova today.  Took 2 weeks from order to my door.  Not bad for being shipped from Finland to Canada. Gotta admit, will take some time to get used to.  By looks of it, protection is 100 times better than my flimsy old Brian's.

PXL_20240617_183607837.jpg

let us know how it settles in for you. Thinking of upgrading to one myself. I'm hoping it's cooler than others with the back of the neck open

Yes, I can provide update after I get some skates in it.  It does seem like there will be abit of break in time needed.  I don't like anything around the neck so it will also take time to adjust to.  

On 6/16/2024 at 11:46 PM, RichMan said:

To be expected, they weren't molded to your foot shape. Here's hoping they work out 

Baked them twice and removed some of the extra toe foam. Fit like a dream now. 2-0 since wearing them in games, including a shut out and a playoff win we had no business winning. If using these skates were like running with running shoes, using my AS1s were like trying to run with flip flops. The hype of energy transfer is real! 

• Like 2