Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

4 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Training times is when you put the most stress on your gear. I’d still give it a once over periodically since this is an experimental mod. But you already know these things, Trace. 

It’ll see occasional use over the course of the season just to continue testing

Getting down to my final acquisitions for the season from my retail job

48CA5EEB-31CB-4260-92C7-4BEDBFD0FC9F.thumb.jpeg.ff12ba527c1a4ecda5984ab73c130b86.jpeg
A nice new heavy helmet bag! I swear I’m not trying to be annoying just my team won’t let me post anything yet which has gotten to be rather frustrating. 

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1

Jake Oettinger pro return custom Bauer Ultrasonics. 1st time I have seen custom colored ones, didn't even see it listed as an option for Ultrasonics in the custom catalog. I do like the green alot better then the gold color on the stock ones. I honestly can't believe how much lighter they are then the pro return Trues I just sold. 

20210806_134215.jpg

20210806_134138.jpg

20210806_134340.jpg

20210806_134156.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

Jake Oettinger pro return custom Bauer Ultrasonics. 1st time I have seen custom colored ones, didn't even see it listed as an option for Ultrasonics in the custom catalog. I do like the green alot better then the gold color on the stock ones. I honestly can't believe how much lighter they are then the pro return Trues I just sold. 

20210806_134215.jpg

20210806_134138.jpg

20210806_134340.jpg

20210806_134156.jpg

I think Trues are 100% hand-laid composite, whereas Bauer is using an advanced pre-preg. There are a few composites guys that have less than complimentary things to say about the construction of the True boots.

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

whoa wait, do you have the whole iceberg set for both of those pads?

I wish! I am slowly piecing the brown set together, and have a V5 iceberg blocker on the way, but the glove likely won't match since I have converted to the 580 life and want california tan, so I have to go kenesky.

I have a silver/navy(black?)/powder blue set of pads from the olden days that was purchased as a set, but the gloves have eluded me.

Every single leg pad I have owned have the iceberg graphic 😎

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bildeer said:

I wish! I am slowly piecing the brown set together, and have a V5 iceberg blocker on the way, but the glove likely won't match since I have converted to the 580 life and want california tan, so I have to go kenesky.

I have a silver/navy(black?)/powder blue set of pads from the olden days that was purchased as a set, but the gloves have eluded me.

Every single leg pad I have owned have the iceberg graphic 😎

Oh yeah, you have the Double G set, yes!

So are you (too) like a bonafide Vaughn nerd?

Two of my custom regrets are not getting iceberg graphics and not getting alternating colors on the side Vaughn letters. 

Edited by seagoal

50 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Oh yeah, you have the Double G set, yes!

So are you (too) like a bonafide Vaughn nerd?

Two of my custom regrets are not getting iceberg graphics and not getting alternating colors on the side Vaughn letters. 

Let's put it this way, I won't even think about using anything else for leg pads, blockers and pants with the exception of Factory Mad. I heard from someone on one of the facebook groups that Vaughn told them that they won't make V4's anymore, so I may need to figure something else when the time comes to acquire another pair. (I think I got the last pair of 7600's before the allegedly ended production!) 

Cut and sewn logos are also a nice touch, but the upcharge is borderline outrageous. That said, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Edited by bildeer
I do what I want
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, bildeer said:

Let's put it this way, I won't even think about using anything else for leg pads, blockers and pants with the exception of Factory Mad. I heard from someone on one of the facebook groups that Vaughn told them that they won't make V4's anymore, so I may need to figure something else when the time comes to acquire another pair. (I think I got the last pair of 7600's before the allegedly ended production!) 

Cut and sewn logos are also a nice touch, but the upcharge is borderline outrageous. That said, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Right on man, I totally feel you.  I obviously jumped on the modern train before you but I totally respect what you said.  I admire your commitment to this era of gear and, obviously, Vaughn in particular, very much. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I thought the same thing about the neck guard cape until I tried one without a cape for the first time after wearing one with a cape for so long.  I tuck the cape into my compression shirt before I put on my c/a.  I felt it helped hold it in place better than when I tried a neck guard without the cape.

Makes sense. I have never had one with the cape.

9 minutes ago, Yzueblin said:

Got this set here in Montréal for 1300$ cad ! The kids used them 5 games they are like news !! 

i try it Monday and I feel i will sell my gnetik 4 set after 

94CBEEBC-9EF5-46AA-8FC3-2633D0A66638.jpeg

Pretty slick - and quite the deal! Coming from Montreal (the West Island) I know there are a lot of rich kids whose parents buy them anything/everything they want - which translates to some super sweet resale deals!

That last bit about the Gnetik IVs is heartbreaking, because your set is bad ass! It’s what my set dreams about at night! LOL! But then if it doesn’t work for you, it doesn’t work.

Always enjoy seeing your gear, and hearing about Montreal!

34 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Pretty slick - and quite the deal! Coming from Montreal (the West Island) I know there are a lot of rich kids whose parents buy them anything/everything they want - which translates to some super sweet resale deals!

That last bit about the Gnetik IVs is heartbreaking, because your set is bad ass! It’s what my set dreams about at night! LOL! But then if it doesn’t work for you, it doesn’t work.

Always enjoy seeing your gear, and hearing about Montreal!

Yes a kid from Westmount ! He leaving today the Eli Wilson camp 

my friend work at Bauer facility she make pro skating now ! I will ask her to change the black jenpro on top and boot for red jenpro 

• Like 1