Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

8 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

Picked up the Bauer 37.5 headbands and used it for the first time yesterday. I love it! Definitely better than my shammy i used before.

I just picked up a pair recently as well. I've been using them for quite a few skates, just curious as to who you love them so much?

Only difference I've found is that it's nice and soft.

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I just picked up a pair recently as well. I've been using them for quite a few skates, just curious as to who you love them so much?

Only difference I've found is that it's nice and soft.

I used it last night, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they hold up long-term. But yeah the softness is something I noticed right away. Very comfortable.

2 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

These will either be used on my c/a or on some professor straps for my 2S set. Didn't manage to get the full RRC straps from Vaughn (just ordered replacement parts from a retailer), so I might try to fashion some myself

20180824_100416.jpg

Interesting... please share once installed. What did they run you?

Was just taking some pictures of my gear to have on file for insurance purposes and I figured since everyone loves to look at pictures of gear I would start a what's in the bag post. I know I'm always interested to know what everyone is using for gear and if they have any particular mods. Also a good way to connect with folks that have the same gear or are looking to get something you have so they can ask any questions or get thoughts on it.

Current setup is pretty boring but once Bauer allows for custom orders to have non white based design I plan on ordering a set of Vapors.

Leg Pads: Bauer Vapor 1X in size medium. All white. Use the small strapping for a tight fit along with the boot strap. Really enjoying these and glad I went with mediums as I've felt a lot more mobile coming from CCMs that were 34+2. Only play once or twice a week these days but these seem to be holding up pretty well.

IMG_0192.thumb.JPG.bd9eb323e86861bb088b99082a28a30d.JPGIMG_0193.thumb.JPG.a3f4a168ff63c9180a83f5add321bbaa.JPG

Glove and Blocker: Bauer Vapor 1X. All White. These are a bit newer than the pads as they were purchased new and the pads were slightly used when I got them. To me they feel pretty much just like my previous CCM gloves with the 590 break which is what I've been using forever and is really the only thing I feel truly comfortable in. The pop off the blocker is also great.

IMG_0195.thumb.JPG.95bba2977de6b35796559a3c5717cd6b.JPGIMG_0194.thumb.JPG.ceba7b4341e6247a471e63d786ecbcac.JPG

Chesty: Vaughn V7 pro carbon. Size large. No modifications. Was thinking about adding a fight strap as I don't like suspenders but I got this unit used and it smelled terrible and I'm not sure how much longer until I'm going to replace it.

IMG_0196.thumb.JPG.738713c2bbf605ad2867425a09253dd4.JPG

Pants: Warrior Messiah. Black size large. Had to open up the legs and take about 2 inches off of these as they were really long otherwise very good protection. Skate lace to tie chesty down. Thinking about getting a pair that has a more tapered opening as I wear my chest protector untucked.

IMG_0197.thumb.JPG.68602b1c5e74749eff38ac25581c867a.JPG

Skates and Helmet: Bauer one100, Fusion. Mask has a chin sling. Skates are stock.

IMG_0199.thumb.JPG.48ace85bbb013935ec4e24543ca001e0.JPG

Sticks: Bauer 9000 foam core. 25" P31 pattern. Pretty much buying up as many of these as I can get now that they are dirt cheap. Just can't get used to compost sticks.

IMG_0200.thumb.JPG.12f21d28bb062b692ae198e3901ff184.JPG

Others: Bauer throat guard. Vapor 1X knee guards. Warrior cup. Favorite knee guards I've used to date. Very comfortable and protective. Use the supplied garter to keep them up and then put Reebok socks over them and don't have an issue with them shifting at all. Warrior cup has great protection but is very bulky.

IMG_0198.thumb.JPG.0a5af635b367fc50bd89741dd1ba4938.JPG

14 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

That's some next level stff going on right there. Plan on posting a review once you break them in?

If there is demand for that kind of review, i will ask manufacturer for permission to post more photos and review ;) .

10 hours ago, Max27 said:

any particular reason you skipped the 1st hole in ur skates?

also how do you like the vapors?

I have a wide foot and struggle with skates to not lose feeling half way through a skate so lacing this way helps relive some pressure while still supporting my ankle. 

Vapors have been my favorite set up to this point. I like the flex they allow while also giving up really hard rebounds. 

43 minutes ago, wox33 said:

I have a wide foot and struggle with skates to not lose feeling half way through a skate so lacing this way helps relive some pressure while still supporting my ankle. 

Vapors have been my favorite set up to this point. I like the flex they allow while also giving up really hard rebounds. 

ah, interesting

i tried vapors and the knee landing was uncomfortable for me, way too stiff