Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

5 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

You gonna play those or hang onto them?

Play them, in games only though.  Super happy about finding the Louisville, when it DOES break I will use it as the template for trimming future paddles.  I love the shoulders of a Louisville stick.

16 hours ago, Max27 said:

My setup for this upcoming year

Pads- CCM EF2

Glove and Blocker- Vaughn v7 Thomas Greiss pro returns

Pants- CCM Eflex 1.9, size XL 

Chest & Arm- Vaughn v7 XF

Skates- CCM RBZ 80G, size 11 EE

Neck Guard- i took mine off, currently dont wear one. The collar ones choke me and danglers are annoying

Mask- Bauer NME 4, looking to replace it with a bigger one, currently a 1 size fits all but ive found 1 size doesnt fit all

Cup- Bauer Vapor

Knee Guards- Bauer Vapor x900, similar to fleurys ancient nike bauer knee pads

Sticks

Currently have 2 sticks, Warrior Swagger SR2, 25" paddle with Quick Curve, and a Sherwood GS530, 26" Broduer Curve

I would advise getting a neck guard, don’t go the same route as trav4 did in breaking his collarbone / neck. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

I would advise getting a neck guard, don’t go the same route as trav4 did in breaking his collarbone / neck. 

+1

Once I left minor hockey I ditched the neck guard and dangler for a bit (we were forced to wear them). I got a scary shot that I felt up top one day and while it didn't do any damage, it scared me enough to go back to my dangler (which I tie fairly "tight" to my mask so it doesn't annoy me) as well as a CCM neck guard shirt style with the additional sternum protection.

All it takes is one puck to find its way through...

Edited by creasecollector

15 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

+1

Once I left minor hockey I ditched the neck guard and dangler for a bit (we were forced to wear them). I got a scary shot that I felt up top one day and while it didn't do any damage, it scared me enough to go back to my dangler (which I tie fairly "tight" to my mask so it doesn't annoy me) as well as a CCM neck guard shirt style with the additional sternum protection.

Or one skate blade...

3 hours ago, Naz said:

Play them, in games only though.  Super happy about finding the Louisville, when it DOES break I will use it as the template for trimming future paddles.  I love the shoulders of a Louisville stick.

I've got a new 4 pack of Louisville sticks just like that, but white shafts, and two new Xhale carbon sticks. It's in my parents basement. If you or anyone is interested, send me a PM and we can work something out. Around $50 a stick plus shipping from New York

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 2:36 PM, southpawtendy48 said:

On 8/30/2018 at 3:07 PM, creasecollector said:

+1

On 8/30/2018 at 3:23 PM, TitanG said:

Or one skate blade...

no pain no gain;)

but in all seriousness, ive found the bib style ones choke me and impact my breating and the dangler gets in my way of the sight of the puck.

i push my shoulder floaters up and i bend my head down a lot, and my whole neck ends up being protected

30 minutes ago, TitanG said:

Or one skate blade...

Don't be the second Clint Malarchuck.

7 minutes ago, Max27 said:

no pain no gain;)

but in all seriousness, ive found the bib style ones choke me and impact my breating and the dangler gets in my way of the sight of the puck.

i push my shoulder floaters up and i bend my head down a lot, and my whole neck ends up being protected

Tip shots, scrambles, errant sticks, skate blades. The risk isn't worth it.

I get the notion about how clavicle/neck protectors can be "suffocating". I wear my vaughn neckguard looser, doesn't shift or anything but i can easily fit two fingers in there. Just wear it looser. The amount of shots that have somehow made their way to my neck (let alone my clavicle area), that $40 purchase has saved my ass more than a few times.

Seriously dude, get a neck protector.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Don't be the second Clint Malarchuck.

Tip shots, scrambles, errant sticks, skate blades. The risk isn't worth it.

I get the notion about how clavicle/neck protectors can be "suffocating". I wear my vaughn neckguard looser, doesn't shift or anything but i can easily fit two fingers in there. Just wear it looser. The amount of shots that have somehow made their way to my neck (let alone my clavicle area), that $40 purchase has saved my ass more than a few times.

Seriously dude, get a neck protector.

i have a bauer one like the bib thing, ive worn it, its an XL so it would fit looser i just couldnt breathe with it, id rather be able to breathe, ill prob just throw on a dangler if anything jappens

@Max27 You’re not going to find hardly anyone here who is not concerned with your safety. Enough of us have either witnessed or possibly survived the accident that a neck protector would help prevent catastrophic consequences. I had a bad stinger that would have been MUCH worse had I not been wearing neck protection. We don’t want to read about you, that’s all.

26 minutes ago, Max27 said:

i have a bauer one like the bib thing, ive worn it, its an XL so it would fit looser i just couldnt breathe with it, id rather be able to breathe, ill prob just throw on a dangler if anything jappens

You can’t just wait until you break your collarbone or shatter your larynx to get something. Luckily when it was time to wear a neckguard, all I got was a bad bruise in my sternum when it could’ve been worse, and that happened when I had just a dangler on. If you’re not gonna put both on just put the throat/neck guard on. 

Unless you heed everyone else’s advise it isn’t anyones fault you get hurt but yourself. 

And if it helps, attach the back side of your dangler thru your ear holes so it doesn’t limit your view as much 

Edited by southpawtendy48

Just now, southpawtendy48 said:

You can’t just wait until you break your collarbone or shatter your larynx to get something. Luckily when it was time to wear a neckguard, all I got was a bad bruise in my sternum when it could’ve been worse, and that happened when I had just a dangler on. If you’re not gonna put both on just put the throat/neck guard on. 

Unless you heed everyone else’s advise it isn’t anyones fault you get hurt but yourself. 

i just attatched  a dangler

8 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

And if it helps, attach the back side of your dangler thru your ear holes so it doesn’t limit your view as much 

ok ill try it

Here's a great life hack I picked up on the GSBB:

If the noise of a dangler annoys you,  go to an automotive supply store and buy clear car door liner.  It is like a puck, hardened rubber, with adhesive in the crease.  Cut it into pieces and place it on the chin of your mask and/or under your cheek where the dangler might make contact with your mask. 

I use two separate 1/2 inch pieces on the chin and one 3 inch piece under each cheek.

It'll significantly deaden the clanking noise and sound more like a dud/thud.   

Not sure if that was brought up on this site,  but it works like a charm. 

You can see mine in the pics.

20180816_182728.jpg

20151212_152038.jpg

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Here's a great life hack I picked up on the GSBB:

If the noise of a dangler annoys you,  go to an automotive supply store and buy clear car door liner.  It is like a puck, hardened rubber, with adhesive in the crease.  Cut it into pieces and place it on the chin of your mask and/or under your cheek where the dangler might make contact with your mask. 

I use two separate 1/2 inch pieces on the chin and one 3 inch piece under each cheek.

It'll significantly deaden the clanking noise and sound more like a dud/thud.   

Not sure if that was brought up on this site,  but it works like a charm. 

You can see mine in the pics.

If memory suits me right, I think Armadillo used a rubber lining on the mask's edges...or was it Eddy masks?

21 hours ago, Max27 said:

god that dangler was a pain in the ass to atttach

Send a few other pics of how you attached the dangler... I don't wear one now but I used to and I don't recall them being difficult to attach. In fact, it should be pretty easy. Also, you may end up wanting to play around with attachment points for the rear of the dangler. Some guys go through the ear holes... some guys go through the cage... all sorts of stuff.

20180816_182728.jpg     Image result for goalie mask dangler