Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Sold my G4's and got a new set. 

P2 users here: Anyone have issues with the pad returning after rotation? Any time I put the knee strap behind the calf, the toe of the pad doesn't return back. I've tried 1/2" toe tie, 2" toe tie, with and without boot strap, tight, loose, and every strapping adjustment. It ONLY happens on my left leg. ONLY when the knee strap is at the calf. THe right leg is completely fine.

Also noticed that in the b-fly, the problematic left pad in question also gets pushed out more, like my knee almost lands more on the inside of the landing gear.

Any thoughts?

PS: It's never happened when I was in Warriors or any other pad (Brian's, RBK 18K, Bauer RX's and Vaughn V4)

thumbnail_IMG_20180723_190938.jpg

Edited by ruckus007

8 hours ago, ruckus007 said:

P2 users here: Anyone have issues with the pad returning after rotation? Any time I put the knee strap behind the calf, the toe of the pad doesn't return back. I've tried 1/2" toe tie, 2" toe tie, with and without boot strap, tight, loose, and every strapping adjustment. It ONLY happens on my left leg. ONLY when the knee strap is at the calf. THe right leg is completely fine.

Also noticed that in the b-fly, the problematic left pad in question also gets pushed out more, like my knee almost lands more on the inside of the landing gear.

Any thoughts?

PS: It's never happened when I was in Warriors or any other pad (Brian's, RBK 18K, Bauer RX's and Vaughn V4)

When you put the knee strap down to the calf it’s meant to open up the knee for knee pads but it makes it very loose. I had the first generation of the Premiers and this never happened but I had the two leather straps very tight. Maybe putting the smaller quick motion strap on might help. But I switched to bauer and I like wearing the knee strap to my calf and the pad does pop away from my knee at times. It’s not a big deal because it’s usually after some super odd movement but it does happen. 

On 7/31/2018 at 8:49 PM, Mroy31 said:

Oneiric Genesis base layer pants. Actually bought them as a pre order discount back in like February or March, finally came in today. Haven't gotten to use them yet. 

Grippy logo on the knees, velcro for socks, cut resistant material at the calf, padding on the back of the calf and the thigh. 

20180731_214020.jpg

20180731_214139.jpg

20180731_214210.jpg

I wear UA leggings, UA cut resistant sleeves, and no socks 

this looks like it could be a great product for me 

putting the sleeves on is a nuisance

On 8/3/2018 at 1:44 PM, BadAngle41 said:

So I've only had 1 Vaughn Blocker in my life... and it was a number of years back... a V4... and I actually really liked it. Dennis over at Factory Mad has my gear at the moment and one thing I've tasked him with is improving the feel of my current Koho 589. Getting a back of hand pad and replacing foams... maybe even intermediate palm (although doubtful.) If it doesn't work out as well as I'd hoped... I may be asking you for some more info on yours.Good looking piece... even if it is on the wrong hand.

Any chance you’re crossing over into the territory where’s it’s  just easier to have Dennis make you a new glove?

16 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I wear UA leggings, UA cut resistant sleeves, and no socks 

this looks like it could be a great product for me 

putting the sleeves on is a nuisance

The padding in the back makes me wonder why they don't just go ahead and put some in the front for the knees as well. Feels like an opportunity for a Maltese type collaboration. 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Any chance you’re crossing over into the territory where’s it’s  just easier to have Dennis make you a new glove?

If you mean blocker... potentially yes. What I really need is a decent shop around me with a good selection to compare blockers 1st hand (no pun intended.) The pop off a the 2S intrigues me, but the inability to match the rest of my set with Bauer makes it a no go. 

As for my catch glove, he’s refurbishing the binding and lacing is all. Not going down the swapping of internals and floating T path. I like the 580 as is. 

26 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What's so good about them?

Ultra comfortable, absorb a ton of sweat (my kind of sweat at least), dry very quickly compared to others, hold up well in washer/dryer, relatively inexpensive. 

For me, the comfort tops everything. Terry was always way too abrasive for me and Sham was just weird feeling. The Bauers are also thin while having good cushioning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Ultra comfortable, absorb a ton of sweat (my kind of sweat at least), dry very quickly compared to others, hold up well in washer/dryer, relatively inexpensive. 

For me, the comfort tops everything. Terry was always way too abrasive for me and Sham was just weird feeling. The Bauers are also thin while having good cushioning. 

I see, thanks for the info!

20 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Bauer 37.5 sweatbands FTW. 

18 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Fact 

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Agreed. I've tried everything and these are by far the best sweatbands out there. 

I take it I made a good purchase. ?

I picked these up just to have, but I definitely like the way they feel. 

On 8/4/2018 at 4:40 AM, ruckus007 said:

Any thoughts?

Have to ask why you got rid of the g4s?

9 hours ago, Ryan W said:

Have to ask why you got rid of the g4s?

I got one size smaller to accomodate for my using a long toe tie and no boot strap. Although they worked well i found the airslide slats were not good for a guy with a narrow bfly. They could catch mid slide and get you stuck

24 minutes ago, MTH said:

Just received a set of Bauer S170 pads in XL. 

I still wear Vaughn Velocity 1s. No, not a 1S. Velocity 1 as in the first ones that came out in like 1999.

Haha, ironically, I just bought a set of Velocity Ones (see what I did there) in amazing shape really cheap off eBay. I was planning to put together a 90s style retro set for more relaxed pickup games. Haven’t taken the out on the ice yet as I don’t have a good set of gloves to go with I love the look - not sure how they will slide on that nylon though!

20 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What's so good about them?

20 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Agreed with all of the above. And with the 37.5 they stay pretty cool in comparison to something like sham which I think are just and I find to be WAY too hot anyway.

I really love the Monster kewl bands because they work exactly as advertised, but I find they only work for a while. They start to get kind of gummy and it seems like washing them makes them lose their cooling properties. 

I picked up the 37.5 on a whim (because they're 37.5 which kind of makes it a no-brainer) and was shocked how good they were. 

2 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Haha, ironically, I just bought a set of Velocity Ones (see what I did there) in amazing shape really cheap off eBay. I was planning to put together a 90s style retro set for more relaxed pickup games. Haven’t taken the out on the ice yet as I don’t have a good set of gloves to go with I love the look - not sure how they will slide on that nylon though!

The V1s have jenpro inside leg. Well, at least mine do. Mine are all white, so they don't look as old as they are. The nylon on the outside leg is pretty dirty now, plus RichMan colored them red and blue for his Habs. I should document them here. They're a 38. No plus. 38" stitched on the side.

They play fine. I only picked up a new pair to maybe slide better. I need new roller pads, so the V1s may stay for ice but the S170s for roller.