Well, this was sent by a mate who has an in with the little Jeff and some of the scum at monster.  Seems like they have some burning cash, and it isn't from customers.  If this is true, i'm sure they could care less what bridges they burn.

Mod Update - SORRY: pic had to be deleted - the pic is NOT released yet 

On 11/2/2018 at 10:55 AM, AGoalie said:

Well, this was sent by a mate who has an in with the little Jeff and some of the scum at monster.  Seems like they have some burning cash, and it isn't from customers.  If this is true, i'm sure they could care less what bridges they burn.

Capture.PNG

Huh? Monster is well funding or losing cash?

49 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@AGoalie - The partnership you keep referencing and sharing pics of is not public yet. 

At the respect of the the big company involved, we can’t share that yet. 

It's just funny, a company that keeps screwing so many people over, myself included, is more than happy to take cash in on the other side.  Yet, here we are, still left hanging and people like me, out over $150 bucks!

Yet, fools like you, and GGSU still protect them.

Just now, AGoalie said:

It's just funny, a company that keeps screwing so many people over, myself included, is more than happy to take cash in on the other side.  Yet, here we are, still left hanging and people like me, out over $150 bucks!

I think its pretty clear that the "Big Company" isn't Monster bud.  Not sure how you got "protect them" out of that statement.

I didn't hear this from Monster but I have a feeling things are being delayed as the new Bauer pads are going to be featuring the Monster HAL strap!

Side note I have been waiting for a month on replacement HAL straps for our store as the TLG have been failing!

PSS I still wear the regular monster HAL and they are holding up well!

5 minutes ago, thebigm said:

I didn't hear this from Monster but I have a feeling things are being delayed as the new Bauer pads are going to be featuring the Monster HAL strap!

Side note I have been waiting for a month on replacement HAL straps for our store as the TLG have been failing!

If this is true, yet another reason to avoid Bauer pads.  

2 hours ago, AGoalie said:

I have voiced your concerns. Since I started TGN; Monster is the only company I feel compelled to warn people about.

This is basically a design licensing deal. Monster won't be physically making a products to end up on the retail pads in stores.

5 hours ago, thebigm said:

Do you mean that the TLG is failing to sell, or that the units themselves are failing?

Thanks!

I pre-ordered my Junk Trunk on day one. My history with delays, unanswered emails, etc. is consistent with everyone else’s posted here so I won’t rehash it. 

Only thing I’ll say is that the family has shared on Facebook and in emails directly to me about an ongoing traumatic event that has effected their lives and business profoundly. I’m not here to defend everything the company has done but I do think it’s important to put yourself in their shoes and think about what might slip through the cracks in ones own life if you went through the same thing. That said, I really just wanted to post about the product and leave it at that. 

The product is exceptionally good. I’ve worn it for 5 ice times now. I immediately ditched the Titan cup as it’s extremelt heavy and with the extra pad it’s way overkill. Went with a standard cup in the pocket. Even with the extended belly pad, it feels very slim and does not interfere with any of my other gear. I wear two-sizes-too-big pants with my C/A attached at the front. On the ice it feels form-fitting and not at all bulky. I compare it to my Vaughn unit in that by contrast the Vaughn feels like a cereal box strapped to my crotch. Protective yes but no flex. 

The strapping allows for a ton of adjustibity. Not a complaint, just a note that the Velcro is plentiful and strong so pulling it apart to make adjustments can be a bit of a pain but that’s not something that you should have to deal with after initial setup. My only real complaint is the attachment for the front pad - to me it would have made more sense to use Velcro pads rather than cord but that’s pretty minor. 

One overlooked feature is the back pad (yes I know I didn’t post a pic, I’ll try to grab one). I didn’t realize how uncomfortable it was to have a bare elastic strap on my back with my old unit until I tried this one. Part of this is that I have a small waist (29”-30”) so I have to cinch the strap tightly on any unit I wear to keep it up. 

Overall it’s the best jock I’ve tried. Slim while still being a tank. Happy to answer any questions anyone may have. 

F77B8A63-9D20-4B31-A248-4D45652F9C06.thumb.jpeg.0df63b87682beba62f8334f07be7bc3e.jpeg

4 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

I pre-ordered my Junk Trunk on day one. My history with delays, unanswered emails, etc. is consistent with everyone else’s posted here so I won’t rehash it. 

Only thing I’ll say is that the family has shared on Facebook and in emails directly to me about an ongoing traumatic event that has effected their lives and business profoundly. I’m not here to defend everything the company has done but I do think it’s important to put yourself in their shoes and think about what might slip through the cracks in ones own life if you went through the same thing. That said, I really just wanted to post about the product and leave it at that. 

The product is exceptionally good. I’ve worn it for 5 ice times now. I immediately ditched the Titan cup as it’s extremelt heavy and with the extra pad it’s way overkill. Went with a standard cup in the pocket. Even with the extended belly pad, it feels very slim and does not interfere with any of my other gear. I wear two-sizes-too-big pants with my C/A attached at the front. On the ice it feels form-fitting and not at all bulky. I compare it to my Vaughn unit in that by contrast the Vaughn feels like a cereal box strapped to my crotch. Protective yes but no flex. 

The strapping allows for a ton of adjustibity. Not a complaint, just a note that the Velcro is plentiful and strong so pulling it apart to make adjustments can be a bit of a pain but that’s not something that you should have to deal with after initial setup. My only real complaint is the attachment for the front pad - to me it would have made more sense to use Velcro pads rather than cord but that’s pretty minor. 

One overlooked feature is the back pad (yes I know I didn’t post a pic, I’ll try to grab one). I didn’t realize how uncomfortable it was to have a bare elastic strap on my back with my old unit until I tried this one. Part of this is that I have a small waist (29”-30”) so I have to cinch the strap tightly on any unit I wear to keep it up. 

Overall it’s the best jock I’ve tried. Slim while still being a tank. Happy to answer any questions anyone may have. 

F77B8A63-9D20-4B31-A248-4D45652F9C06.thumb.jpeg.0df63b87682beba62f8334f07be7bc3e.jpeg

and how long did it take to come in.  5+ months.  Still a joke and not worth a wait for $100+ product.  

18 hours ago, TitanG said:

I wonder if CCM's move a few months ago to start offering Prolaces straight from the Lefevre factory has anything to do with this, or vice versa...

From what I was told.  The Bauer announcement was held up because of the CCM announcement.   But who knows Jeff lies through the roof with every other word. 

On 11/2/2018 at 8:11 PM, HP29 said:

Do you mean that the TLG is failing to sell, or that the units themselves are failing?

Thanks!

units are failing as I have had about 10 returned and I have broke my personal set I had made, some were okay but a majority of the ones I sold have been returned.  If people are interested in them I am clearing them out you can pm if interested as I have a decent amount of them.

I am replacing them with the new Brian's one they came out.  The only problem I have with Brian's is that they aren't selling replacement cords for them so if you break them you have to buy another whole new set!  

On 11/3/2018 at 12:10 PM, AGoalie said:

From what I was told.  The Bauer announcement was held up because of the CCM announcement.   But who knows Jeff lies through the roof with every other word. 

They are doing something similar to monster same as the H.A.L ends except they are using the stretch lace like the Bauer 2s 1x have etc.  I don't like it personally as I have some premiers 2.5 juniors that have these on them and they aren't setup very well as I have struggled to find the best way to put theses on kids skates.

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2018 at 2:27 PM, thebigm said:

units are failing as I have had about 10 returned and I have broke my personal set I had made, some were okay but a majority of the ones I sold have been returned.  If people are interested in them I am clearing them out you can pm if interested as I have a decent amount of them.

I am replacing them with the new Brian's one they came out.  The only problem I have with Brian's is that they aren't selling replacement cords for them so if you break them you have to buy another whole new set!  

They are doing something similar to monster same as the H.A.L ends except they are using the stretch lace like the Bauer 2s 1x have etc.  I don't like it personally as I have some premiers 2.5 juniors that have these on them and they aren't setup very well as I have struggled to find the best way to put theses on kids skates.

Do you happen to have an ETA on the new Brian's Smart toe ties?

On 11/3/2018 at 1:31 PM, Punisher Goalie said:

How long you had to wait for your Junk Trunk? I ordered mine on 29th of March and still haven't received it yet.