On 11/2/2018 at 3:01 PM, TheGoalNet said:

What are reasons for avoiding Bauer pads? Please don't cite 1S durability. There was an issue, it's been fixed, and it's time to move forward.

mainly I just don't like them.  never have.  I think they're ugly and they don't work for me.  YMMV.  I'll admit I haven't worn them since a pair of used RX10's but I was scarred for life.  And any involvement with Monster doubles that.  ;)

On 11/5/2018 at 9:07 PM, TheGoalNet said:

@thebigm - have you looked at Pro Laces? The Armour straps are pretty much tanks. It’s a thicker cord than Monster and it’s wrapped with a waxed skate laces for durability. 

Michel is also very EASY to deal with 

I have thought about it but i find it hard to sell at $40 a pop.

On 11/5/2018 at 8:14 PM, TitanG said:

Do you happen to have an ETA on the new Brian's Smart toe ties?

Next month

I had issue awhile back and went through paypal to get refunded. There was no resistance by Monster on the refund. When I was doing it, I sent Paypal copies of the emails I had sent Monster's various reps asking for status check, asking for refund, etc.

If you are waiting around for things to happen, they may never happen. This company couldn't care less about you.

Edited by Taco

29 minutes ago, sebastiancp1 said:

Why hasn't a company like Monster developed a kit to migrate leather mushroom straps to elastic?  I realize I could do it through buying random pieces, but I'm lazy and would pay for a kit to transform my XLT strapping to the new P2 strapping (or something close).

They did have one called HALO straps. 

ETA: I realize they weren’t the same as P2 strapping but it did allow you to retrofit elastic cord straps. 

Edited by Punisher Goalie

These guys are brutal, I'd picked up some TLGs, as they had the only attachments small enough for my set up.

They didn't include the little jenpro washers as I think they were an older version. So I wrote them on social media, not to bitch, but just to ask if there's something at the hardware store that would be a suitable replacement. Auto reply is something about not responding to order or product inquiries via social media, please email blah blah blah.

Copy and paste, sent to email... weeks and nada.

I knew these guys were a joke, and I was pretty reluctant to make my purchase, and did so out of necessity, but it's funny how poorly they operate on every level. 

I am aware of the tragedy that struck their family and I feel for that, but it hasn't kept them from continuing to work, produce goods, post on social media, etc etc. Monster is just a bad company.

Edited by HP29

3 hours ago, HP29 said:

These guys are brutal, I'd picked up some TLGs, as they were the only attachments small enough for my set up.

They didn't include the little jenpro washers as I think they were an older version. So I wrote them on social media, not to bitch, but just to ask if there's something at the hardware store that would be a suitable replacement. Auto reply is something about not responding to order or product inquiries via social media, please email blah blah blah.

Copy and paste, sent to email... weeks and nada.

I knew these guys were a joke, and I was pretty reluctant to make my purchase, and did so out of necessity, but it's funny how poorly they operate on every level. 

I am aware of the tragedy that struck their family and I feel for that, but it hasn't kept them from continuing to work, produce goods, post on social media, etc etc. Monster is just a bad company.

What was the family tragedy? Is this something new or just Jeff’s ongoing health issues? 

23 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

The problem I have with this situation that seems to come up with EVERY independent goalie gear/niche goalie parts manufacturer that finds itself struggling with shipments. In almost every case where one of these niche companies can't meet deadlines or delivery dates, some truly awful tragedy strikes them that gives them an excuse for not completing orders.

Since the days of the very first post that ever hit the GSBB these events were always the primary excuse for not delivering. Countless companies have come and gone, some still operating and oddly every one of them is cursed with an unimaginable tragedy that gets in the way of business.

I truly hope this is exactly that, an excuse to draw sympathy towards the situation allowing the company to continue to miss deadlines or catch-up because I don't wish that hell his family may be going through on anyone.

For a company that has obliterated trust with customers and suppliers alike, I have an incredibly hard time allowing myself to trust them to tell the truth about anything. 

I do wish the family all the best in a very trying time.

I know this post will come across as crass and to some completely cold and dispassionate but as I'm sure other members that have been around on other old/new gear forums can attest to just how prevalent these types of situations are in this industry.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Pauly35or00 said:

The problem I have with this situation that seems to come up with EVERY independent goalie gear/niche goalie parts manufacturer that finds itself struggling with shipments. In almost every case where one of these niche companies can't meet deadlines or delivery dates, some truly awful tragedy strikes them that gives them an excuse for not completing orders.

Since the days of the very first post that ever hit the GSBB these events were always the primary excuse for not delivering. Countless companies have come and gone, some still operating and oddly every one of them is cursed with an unimaginable tragedy that gets in the way of business.

I truly hope this is exactly that, an excuse to draw sympathy towards the situation allowing the company to continue to miss deadlines or catch-up because I don't wish that hell his family may be going through on anyone.

For a company that has obliterated trust with customers and suppliers alike, I have an incredibly hard time allowing myself to trust them to tell the truth about anything. 

I know this post will come across as crass and to some completely cold and dispassionate but as I'm sure other members that have been around on other old/new gear forums can attest to just how prevalent these types of situations are in this industry.

You’re not coming across as cold at all, I completely agree. They’ve always had issues even before that incident. 

On 11/10/2018 at 5:22 PM, Pauly35or00 said:

This is a fair point. Even taken at face value, this tragedy has been book-ended by poor communication and subpar service. 

On 4/25/2017 at 9:52 AM, jayluv54 said:

Did you get the shock cord sleeve that he sells?  maybe you should have gotten the shock cord sleeve...JK  Seriously though, I purchased the same shock cord and some connectors on Amazon for like $10-$12 and made 3 sets because the shock cord will fray and/or stretch out.  Its not hard and took about 10min to make all 3 sets.   

What did you use for connectors?

I've been tinkering with S-biners and shock cord....

22 hours ago, HP29 said:

What did you use for connectors?

I've been tinkering with S-biners and shock cord....

I use the small synthetic S-biners now.  I've also used those plastic hook and loop type terminations, but I like the s-biner better because it just lays flat on top of the skate.  You can just tie an anglers loop in the shock cord and it holds perfect.

Edited by jayluv54
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jayluv54 said:

I use the small synthetic S-biners now.  I've also used those plastic hook and loop type terminations, but I like the s-biner better because it just lays flat on top of the skate.  You can just tie an anglers loop in the shock cord and it holds perfect.

Cool, same as me. Always looking for additional ways to tinker.

Thanks!

On 11/6/2018 at 6:31 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

I ordered mine during the initial pre-order. I believe it was 3/9/18. 

Just wanted to briefly update my review of the Junk Trunk:

I am still very happy with it and stand by my initial review, but just FYI the vinyl graphics/logo are all falling off after about 10 ice times or so. I really could not care less, but wanted to post that in case that matters to others.