16 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I actually ordered mine without any graphics. No reason other than I just didn't want anything but a plain black jock. 

Absolutely love mine. By far the most comfortable and protective jock I've seen on the market. The adjustability options set it above everything else. 

There isn't a lot of things Monster is doing better than others at this point, now that everyone and their dog have their own HAL straps, but the jock is one of them. 

Yeah, I continue to be very happy with my jock. For reasons stated above, I’m not commenting on their business practices, but this is an excellent product. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

I honestly might consider it but worry about shipping for some obvious reasons lol. 

Anyone who considers buying anything from Monster has been hit in the head too many times with a puck.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  Fool me 17 pages worth of comments about what a shit show they've become, well, shame on you in front of the whole interwebz.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jeff da goalie said:

Anyone who considers buying anything from Monster has been hit in the head too many times with a puck.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  Fool me 17 pages worth of comments about what a shit show they've become, well, shame on you in front of the whole interwebz.

Yes, but the sarcasm was real in my comment, but who can tell over text anyways?

I have been hit in the head with a lot of pucks though 😂😂

Edited by southpawtendy48

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Yeah I just saw that too. Just another reason for me to dislike both companies

As long as Bauer is acting as the buffer, I'm not concerned. At least I know that Bauer will take care of me as a customer. It's up to them to deal with Monster.

I don't know the details, but there's absolute zero chance that Monster is producing these in-house. Bauer has way more manufacturing capabilities and it would be nothing for them to set up a production line for these. They already have the jenpro, all they need is bungee. Also, there's nothing forcing you to order HALs with your pads. You can still get skate lace and CRS lace and order ProLaces or Kenesky separately

6 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

As long as Bauer is acting as the buffer, I'm not concerned. At least I know that Bauer will take care of me as a customer. It's up to them to deal with Monster.

I don't know the details, but there's absolute zero chance that Monster is producing these in-house. Bauer has way more manufacturing capabilities and it would be nothing for them to set up a production line for these. They already have the jenpro, all they need is bungee. Also, there's nothing forcing you to order HALs with your pads. You can still get skate lace and CRS lace and order ProLaces or Kenesky separately

I agree... But is bauer clueless about how bad the Monster brand is?  Reading all the comments on social media Monster is getting absolutely roasted.

You think they would have come up with their own bungee or elastic toe straps.  Everyone else has

4 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Still makes no sense.  One off the concept... countless others have

I think I commented on this earlier, but here it is again.

Bauer does not want to go around ripping off the smaller companies. They don't feel it's ethical and it's not how they want to do business. As a result, they reached some sort of agreement to license this design and brand them with the Monster logos.

I am with you that it seems odd, but I respect how they handled this.

• Like 2

Update:

I've gotten a FULL REFUND, APOLIGY and, yes AND a STORE CREDIT for the Purchase Price.  Guess that Bauer Money hit the Monster Account.

At least they're trying to make things right.  Won't be ordering anything soon until they fix whatever the holdup is.  I know they've gone through hell with their kid. 

53 minutes ago, AGoalie said:

Update:

I've gotten a FULL REFUND, APOLIGY and, yes AND a STORE CREDIT for the Purchase Price.  Guess that Bauer Money hit the Monster Account.

At least they're trying to make things right.  Won't be ordering anything soon until they fix whatever the holdup is.  I know they've gone through hell with their kid. 

So they are open and still a company?

40 minutes ago, jeff da goalie said:

They seem to be.  But you'd have to be a full on raging idiot to buy anything from them.  

I think it's just tone deaf of Bauer.  Fine, license the tech (not that it's not pretty obvious) but why brand it as Monster?

I'm thinking it's more like a risk/reward on Bauer's part.  Like TGN said, they prefer to license something they feel like they'd just be copying if they didn't have a truly unique version of.  When it comes down to it, it's just shock cord, jenpro and velcro, and we'll see how this plays out but I expect that you won't be seeing "Monster" anywhere on the actual site.  The customizer just lists "H.A.L." straps, so I'd expect they will probably take some initial "MONSTER BLARGH BLARGH BLARGH" reactions and have it blow over so that it's just another accessory they have.

In my experience online, the venn diagram of people who hate Monster but love Bauer doesn't have a whole lot of intersection, so I don't think they're at risk for losing a lot of their customer base :P

Edited by Mroy31
spell check

6 hours ago, AGoalie said:

Update:

I'm glad you got your money back and an apology but pretend that store credit doesn't exist. Just an awfully run company from top to bottom. I'm at almost 2 years for my HAL straps, I don't think they are coming.🤣 Obviously, they will have no record of that transaction anymore. I just don't understand how a company that has chosen to operate in a very niche, very tight community thought they could get away with all of thier crap.

I'm very interested in the new 2X line but i'll be getting normal strappings and installing Pro-laces because screw Monster.

I wonder if Bauer approached Pro-laces with this strapping idea? I find it odd that Bauer R&D which is based in Quebec didn't approach a local company making the exact same product. Maybe they did, who knows.

6 minutes ago, Pauly35or00 said:

I wonder if Bauer approached Pro-laces with this strapping idea? I find it odd that Bauer R&D which is based in Quebec didn't approach a local company making the exact same product. Maybe they did, who knows.

I wonder if they got a good deal with the Monster folks based on their financial situation and/or CCM gave Pro Laces a better deal than Bauer could. I don't think they're the same kind of deal, but might be that there's some sort of non compete built in

1 minute ago, Mroy31 said:

I wonder if they got a good deal with the Monster folks based on their financial situation and/or CCM gave Pro Laces a better deal than Bauer could. I don't think they're the same kind of deal, but might be that there's some sort of non compete built in

That would explain it. I had no idea Pro-laces were a CCM option. Thanks.