1 hour ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Just wanted to briefly update my review of the Junk Trunk:

I am still very happy with it and stand by my initial review, but just FYI the vinyl graphics/logo are all falling off after about 10 ice times or so. I really could not care less, but wanted to post that in case that matters to others.

durability has been an issue with every Monster product I've purchased.  

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, wox33 said:

It'd be nice if a company that actually delivered products paid for started making suspenders like this. I'm going through the cheapo ones that are available in stores alarmingly fast.

Is it the quick release part or just the better quality you're looking for? Fixmygear.com has some heavy duty ones I've been looking at. Or at the very least you can source some Jenpro and shock cord and make your own. I have the older monster model and they're functional but nothing to write home about in terms of build quality

I also tried contacting Kova to see if they're shipping their suspenders internationally yet, but no word back.  I like how their design has the adjustable section at the single strap on the back, and they keep the plastic clips for adjusting the length on the back of the shoulders too, keeps them out of harms way from pucks.

Now that I have Mrazek straps the quick release isn't as important as it once was since I don't have to thread them under the floaters. It's more the shock cord as I like how they feel over the traditional elastic and it seems like it doesn't lose it's elasticity as quickly. I had tried out the monster ones from another goalie I play with and really liked them but when I ordered my own they never came so I've just been patiently waiting for someone else to come along with a similar design.

On 12/18/2018 at 9:34 AM, Mroy31 said:

Is it the quick release part or just the better quality you're looking for? Fixmygear.com has some heavy duty ones I've been looking at. Or at the very least you can source some Jenpro and shock cord and make your own. I have the older monster model and they're functional but nothing to write home about in terms of build quality

Topi replied to me today:

Custom suspenders cost 60USD and tracked shipping is 15USD. If you want to order them, just tell me what color do you want the leather parts, and what embroidery you would like

54 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Custom suspenders cost 60USD and tracked shipping is 15USD. If you want to order them, just tell me what color do you want the leather parts, and what embroidery you would like

Thanks, I will have to hold off until some time in the new year though, custom skates just came in :)

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Wow, that's alot. John's original design came from my Duluth trading suspenders when I brought them in to get new pants.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-duluth-trading-button-suspenders-21125.html?dwvar_21125_color=NVY#q=Suspenders&lang=default&start=4

$20 and am going on 10 years with zero problems.

Edited by Snowman30

14 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

Wow, that's alot. John's original design came from my Duluth trading suspenders when I brought them in to get new pants.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-duluth-trading-button-suspenders-21125.html?dwvar_21125_color=NVY#q=Suspenders&lang=default&start=4

$20 and am going on 10 years with zero problems.

I've heard nothing but great things about the Duluth ones.  I thought kova was pretty high priced.

@Snowman30 can you post a pic of the attachment points?

On 11/14/2018 at 11:38 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

Just wanted to briefly update my review of the Junk Trunk:

I am still very happy with it and stand by my initial review, but just FYI the vinyl graphics/logo are all falling off after about 10 ice times or so. I really could not care less, but wanted to post that in case that matters to others.

I actually ordered mine without any graphics. No reason other than I just didn't want anything but a plain black jock. 

Absolutely love mine. By far the most comfortable and protective jock I've seen on the market. The adjustability options set it above everything else. 

There isn't a lot of things Monster is doing better than others at this point, now that everyone and their dog have their own HAL straps, but the jock is one of them.