2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

So boring

I don't think they're so bad. The design's clean, the color proportions are good, and they'll look nice with the Pens uniforms. I've definitely seen enough Ventus designs with the swooshes in the middle. 

Maybe they are boring, but boring can look really great. One could certainly argue that most 'color blocked' 80's and 90's pads are boring, but I'd argue that they look better than a lot of today's more intricate, busy graphics. A navy blue suit is pretty boring, but it always looks good, and never goes out of style. 

Anything's better than an all-white pad with a single swoop/tribal accent of color. Now that got boring...

90s-mtl-g-patrick-roy.jpg

BLZZfq1CUAE30a6.jpg

Not a bad design, I like that it's bold and clean (Brian's custom graphics usually are). Sharp, but not great.

I do think the devils tails could have been positioned better. Having them all curve upwards doesn't seem like the best way to handle it -- particularly, I don't think the pad graphics are going to look great in the butterfly. I know that between Brodeur's Heaton Helite IV's and the Vaughn V5's, the downwards devil tail/arrow graphic has been covered... but I just think they flow better with a goalie's stance and positioning. I think they should have either had all the tails pointed downwards, or left the glove graphics pointing up, and had the pad graphics pointing down. Either would have looked better than these IMO.

1 minute ago, TheGoalNet said:

@cwarnar - Fairly confident 1 line will be similar to Reactor. Being in Quebec, I’d also guess they have something to compete with Premier 

That’s what I figured... I’m curious if they’ll do older lines... I’d love a newer version of the supreme SE’s or the X60

Archived