2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Hills that’s the same model glove Anderson had all year. He’s also in like SZ1 blocker, so creature of habit for sure. 

I think the cuff is just an optical illusion from the graphic 

More importantly! he’s in a 2S stick there too

PS - Good thing Dell was wearing his glove on the bench :ugh:

4908B685-6F35-495E-A698-C615BE940A6C.jpeg

13 hours ago, Hills said:

Is this a new style of glove for Anderson? The cuff looks huge.

DSur_9nVoAEo2x8.jpg

Has Craig been using a Bauer stick in games? That wouldn't be great for Sherwood if he's 'officially' switched... he's the biggest name they have at this point. To my knowledge, that would leave Jake Allen and Ondrej Pavelec as the only NHL goalies using Sherwood sticks. 

I'm always worried these smaller companies will go under, or have to drastically scale back their product line. Maybe I need to order 10 of these suckers before I'm too late...

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Snowman30 - Halak has always had his own custom strapping, so sorta had his own spec pad 

This pad is an Optik with a couple Heritage features and this his custom strapping 

aesthetically this is designed to look like his original custom pad 

I totally forgot about the heritage line so I guess that is what is in now. Checked out a couple of other shots and found this one and they look nothing like the Optik but more in line with the heritage pad now that you say it. Thanks

68fbb33f61c24c99b05cc14457d5351d.jpg

16 hours ago, Kayen said:

DSoxuxvVoAAImdh.jpg

Didn't see this posted here yet, but looks like Talbot has a new mask. 

16 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I swear DaveArt just wants to please me lately... I have liked maybe 6 of his last 10?!? That has NEVER ever happened before 

I do agree @TheGoalNet that a lot of DaveArt's recent masks have been a vast improvement over some of his past work, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of this one.  I do really like the big and bold art of it, but there are a few glaring problems.

1) The colors don't match the team.  This would have worked better with last years jerseys, however with the new Adidas jerseys, it does not.  The orange is too dark, and the blue is royal instead of navy.

2) I'm not a fan of the lack of any team affiliation besides the ghosted details.  This could just as easily be a NYI mask, as it is a Oilers mask from a distance.

The mask almost feels too self promoting.  He's displaying his brand, not a nickname or theme that he always uses.  Cugo had his dog head (nickname) that he changed colors on with his team, Belfour and Potvin (with slight changes to the sides) the same.  Dubnyk uses his giraffe, Budaj uses Smithers, and so on.  Even Lundqvist when using his symbol, still has a more predominant NYR theme to his mask.  But with Talbot's mask, even his ghostbuster ghosts appear to be gone.  I do applaud the nice bold simplification of art (something I feel masks should get back to), but this one is a miss for me.

Talbot was still wearing his old mask last night, must be trying to get used to the new one in practice still? (Was at the game).
Talbot has typically had white based pads the last 2 years with us, his first year he had a nice set for a brief bit. 
I think even with the Rags he had some very plain jane pads too. 

Not sure where to put this. I was paging through the November issue of USA Hockey magazine. There is a story about a family from Iowa with five girls who all play hockey. As an aside, they have six daughters, no sons. Stop trying, it’s not gonna happen. Unless you get a contribution from the mailman, you’re not having a son.:giggle: Anyway, there is a picture with the story of the five hockey playing girls in uniform on ice. One is a goalie, the oldest. In the picture, her pads are backwards. WTF? How did this happen? Doesn’t she play with them on correctly? Was it a lark? Did the Camera crew dress her?

8CEBE956-2B2E-4337-A900-BB622100DBEC.jpeg

On 1/4/2018 at 4:14 PM, Kayen said:

DSoxuxvVoAAImdh.jpg

Didn't see this posted here yet, but looks like Talbot has a new mask. 

I like this look. Did an IG Poll an was surprised that 60% of people favorited his old look 

We’re either old or people are sheep... but I think people like DaveArt’s jumbles and we are the weird minority 

On 1/5/2018 at 8:15 AM, Snowman30 said:

I totally forgot about the heritage line so I guess that is what is in now. Checked out a couple of other shots and found this one and they look nothing like the Optik but more in line with the heritage pad now that you say it. Thanks

68fbb33f61c24c99b05cc14457d5351d.jpg

Looks like the Gnetik line to me. 

16 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Not sure where to put this. I was paging through the November issue of USA Hockey magazine. There is a story about a family from Iowa with five girls who all play hockey. As an aside, they have six daughters, no sons. Stop trying, it’s not gonna happen. Unless you get a contribution from the mailman, you’re not having a son.:giggle: Anyway, there is a picture with the story of the five hockey playing girls in uniform on ice. One is a goalie, the oldest. In the picture, her pads are backwards. WTF? How did this happen? Doesn’t she play with them on correctly? Was it a lark? Did the Camera crew dress her?

Looks like a scene from Slapshot, ladies style :giggle:

16 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

That pic is funny as hell. Yes- I am confused as hell by the backwards goalie pads!

Archived