2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, guys that hate on other guys using wheel bags is a little ridiculous. We all have work the next day and backs to maintain. I personally still use a carry bag, but my back doesn't thank me at all for it. 

I don't get this whole "man points" deduction for trying to make your life a little easier. 

1 minute ago, Kayen said:

Yeah, guys that hate on other guys using wheel bags is a little ridiculous. We all have work the next day and backs to maintain. I personally still use a carry bag, but my back doesn't thank me at all for it. 

I don't get this whole "man points" deduction for trying to make your life a little easier. 

It's just people on their high horse that think they're macho as if it somehow matters to them. 

Just now, IPv6Freely said:

It's just people on their high horse that think they're macho as if it somehow matters to them. 

3 minutes ago, Kayen said:

See there's two parties here:

1. Guys poking fun at wheely bag users in a pretty mild, obviously transparent fashion

2. Guys defending their use of the wheely bag taking things a tad too seriously.

I mean, c'mon, it's really damn obvious that none of us are serious about caring what type of bag y'all using. But you guys are a tad sensitive about it. :giggle: Lighten up.

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

1. Guys poking fun at wheely bag users in a pretty mild, obviously transparent fashion

2. Guys defending their use of the wheely bag taking things a tad too seriously.

I mean, c'mon, it's really damn obvious that none of us are serious about caring what type of bag y'all using. But you guys are a tad sensitive about it. :giggle: Lighten up.

It's easy to say lighten up when you're the one doing the chirping. 

Like I said, I just dont give a fuck what you guys think. There's nothing "too serious" about it, I just don't care. 

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

It depends. These arguments tend to get quite old on every format I've seen it on, and the condescension goes both ways . You're obviously joking around, but I made my statement to be general as a whole.  

Personally I hope that your final statement rang true overall and not just for yourself. 

1 minute ago, Kayen said:

It depends. These arguments tend to get quite old on every format I've seen it on, and the condescension goes both ways . You're obviously joking around, but I made my statement to be general as a whole.  

Personally I hope that your final statement rang true overall and not just for yourself. 

There are also the morons that actually think that way. So yea, it gets old. 

3 minutes ago, Kayen said:

Fair enough. I don't think I've actually encountered anyone actually be serious about it, at least in person.

And knowing BagAngle, he is not serious about it. lol.

8 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

There’s no shame in a wheely bag. Particularly if you are older or have injuries, etc 

however, if you use one... I think you should have a sense of humor about it.

Agreed.  And if you don't use one, there's no reason to be a fucking jackwad about it trying to be funny. 

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You'd be surprised how many people use those bags. I mean, they're designed for wimps, but they're popular.

Edit: lol @ above. :P

If you care about that kinna stuff. A Canadiens fan growing up in Toronto along with my gear choices, used to people heckling me,I don't even care. People always find a reason to hate.

I also use a wheelie bag. I've had back issues since I was like 16 so carrying my goalie bag sucked real bad. So I got a wheelie bag. And I love making fun of my own wheelie bag and try to have sense of humour about it when people bring it up, but I do love it and it makes my life so much easier when travelling to/from the rink. And as long as both sides of the conversation keep it light, then it's all good. 

And yeah, the whole "It's un-manly to use a wheelie bag" thing is kind ridiculous if you think about it. Like, dudes... It's just a different kind of bag. That's it. 

3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Agreed.  And if you don't use one, there's no reason to be a fucking jackwad about it trying to be funny. 

Relax mannn. Someone you don't even know was kidding around about wheelie bags online... it's not a big deal. I'm sure teammates have busted your chops about having a wheelie bag in the locker room before. It's all good-natured fun, that's a ridiculous thing to be sensitive about as an adult.

1 hour ago, stackem30 said:

Relax mannn. Someone you don't even know was kidding around about wheelie bags online... it's not a big deal. I'm sure teammates have busted your chops about having a wheelie bag in the locker room before. It's all good-natured fun, that's a ridiculous thing to be sensitive about as an adult.

As I said before, I really don’t give a fuck what somebody thinks of my bag choice. It’s also a ridiculous thing to chirp somebody about. 

And no, my teammates aren’t dumb enough to comment on something so unimportant.

5 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

As I said before, I really don’t give a fuck what somebody thinks of my bag choice. It’s also a ridiculous thing to chirp somebody about. 

And no, my teammates aren’t dumb enough to comment on something so unimportant.

The amount of times you've addressed how much you don't care is really not helping you seem like you don't care. I've gotten shit for having a wheel bag, you shrug it off or pay it no mind because in the end, no one cares. Stop even reacting to something that was clearly a joke, whether you think it's funny or not.

Archived