The official 2021-2022 "Gear sitings" thread

Steph Lawa

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Why does he have his pads drag on the ice!!!! Uggghhhh

Toskarski has always worn his pads extremely loose. Even in comparison when the Premier line from Reebok was the hot pad and everyone wore their pads loose, Toskarski was still on another level.

9 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Why does he have his pads drag on the ice!!!! Uggghhhh

Guy I play with in adult league does this and it drives me nuts. He took the elastic off of his Eflex4s to put lace on the toes, only to leave like 4-6 inches of slack on each. 

11 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Toskarski has always worn his pads extremely loose. Even in comparison when the Premier line from Reebok was the hot pad and everyone wore their pads loose, Toskarski was still on another level.

He’s not the only one but by far the worst about it

image.thumb.jpeg.70d69d911e9c0f0580c0a005cebf0e1b.jpeg

No idea how he gets his pads to sit like that and how that boot angle is so flat but I kind of like it. 

On 3/11/2022 at 10:06 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Kinda reminds me of Mike Condon during his time with Montreal. That was probably the loosest I've seen anyone wear their pads in a long time.

Not exactly a gear siGHting per se however something my sharp eye caught just a few days ago, not sure if anyone else noticed. Looks as though CCM has changed their logo, as per their website. Doesn't look as though it's on any of their current gear. It's not a very significant change from the previous one but this could signify big saving on gear coming as stores try to push out older branded gear.

ccm-logo-red-white.pngFile:CCM hockey.svg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XCVII said:

Not exactly a gear siGHting per se however something my sharp eye caught just a few days ago, not sure if anyone else noticed. Looks as though CCM has changed their logo, as per their website. Doesn't look as though it's on any of their current gear. It's not a very significant change from the previous one but this could signify big saving on gear coming as stores try to push out older branded gear.

They streamlined the logo for weight-savings. 😂

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, seagoal said:

Adam Scheel got called up to Dallas,  rocking some classic Vaughn gear and a bucket painted by my guy Jason Livery

Screenshot_20220314-095110_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220314-095131_Samsung Internet.jpg

He’s a super nice guy, as are Point and Ryan Daniels (the goalie coach). Looking forward to talking to them again next season. 

Not necessarily a new gear siting but thought it was an odd gear choice. Vasy doesn’t wear his wrist straps on his chest for some reason. 
7E3D6147-72C7-4211-8306-01D4BDC00765.thumb.jpeg.95bd44f2bcc6dc51a34b0305775ff8c4.jpeg

To my memory he’s not the only one doing this but I’m struggling to find pictures. If anyones curious I’m slowly making a list of stand out specs and strapping choices that show up on nhl goalies but not at my local rinks.

Edited by ThatCarGuy

34 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Not necessarily a new gear siting but thought it was an odd gear choice. Vasy doesn’t wear his wrist straps on his chest for some reason. 
7E3D6147-72C7-4211-8306-01D4BDC00765.thumb.jpeg.95bd44f2bcc6dc51a34b0305775ff8c4.jpeg

To my memory he’s not the only one doing this but I’m struggling to find pictures. If anyones curious I’m slowly making a list of stand out specs and strapping choices that show up on nhl goalies but not at my local rinks.

I wore my wrist straps on my 2S very loose to the point that not having them wouldn't have made a difference.

I know he has Vapour arms on his C/A, but I get it. It being loose allows less "pull" on your C/A to happen when reaching out.

• Like 1

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

It's their St Patties Day Jerseys. Check the tartan.

stars-2020stpats-8.jpg.32d85fad6565ba39295534c3ada126a5.jpg

Almost as crazy as their Italian appreciation jerseys:

p6i30uvfz2l81.thumb.jpg.d8c535ac887a96b847dd6508ae62cd03.jpg

(I know these are Mexican appreciation jerseys, they're jut so poorly done)

ah, yeah that makes sense.  I think they look really good minus the elbow - wrist.

On 3/13/2022 at 10:10 AM, XCVII said:

They took out the speed lines from the logo. Are they trying to say that with the new CCM gear, you won't be as fast as before????? Just joking.

I went on Getty images to see if I was right in noticing Quick with a silver paddle last night. I was wrong. However, my guy is still wearing thigh boards🤦 and has quick slide on his v4s. Plus, @seagoal @Chenner29 call me crazy, but are those KNOTS I see on Quickies toe ties? Why yes they are, and they are there to correct the rotational issues experienced by those of us who absolutely crank the straps on our leg channels to make it as tight as possible! 😂😂

8B92DB9E-5B8F-4759-A122-B30E368AAD58.jpeg
p.S all jokes love you guys!

Edited by A.YOUNGoalie13
  • Like 1