The official 2021-2022 "Gear sitings" thread

Steph Lawa

6 hours ago, seagoal said:

I often think of our own hockey team as a filter, the opponent the stuff that needs to go through the filter, and the goalie (us) as the recipient of the stuff that has gone through the filter.  Maybe a coffee filter, coffee, and a coffee mug are the best way to visualize that.

The cup of coffee you get if the coffee filter sucks is going to be sludgy and gross and that ain't the coffee mug's fault ;)  There could be cracks in the mug, to be fair, and that's no good.  But a nice mug can not make sludgy gross coffee taste good.

And with that, my analogies are done, haha.

So...we're sieves.

Nice analogy man

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

To sort of add to that, my team is last place in the NA3HL and not a single goalie on it is above a .900 sv%. Hell I’m at a .840 with 119 shots against in 2 games played. No amount of good goaltending can save a terrible team in my opinion 

Brother, greetings. I face an average of 40 shots/game in my Tier I, and 48 shots/game in my Tier II adult league. My teams know I am incredibly hard on myself, but I also know they typically believe in me to bail them out.

Censored to avoid totally doxxing myself, at least for now.

image.png.4ffa0b7246f2314f31c61ba7244219b8.png

On topic: I really like Raanta's new set. https://www.instagram.com/p/CaPUCfxLik4/

Edited by keeperton
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

By no means have I been myself this season, but the fact that most of our team are freshman and the fact I’ve been dealing with tons of mental warfare does not help. My thought process is that you don’t win your team games, you give them a chance to win. However you should always have a high standard for yourself. I would elaborate more but who knows who will read this lol 

Update: no nationals. Welp. :( 

To stay on topic, here’s Rittich’s SS mask. I lowkey like it

BB8866A6-18D1-430A-B202-DC7943234224.jpeg

Edited by southpawtendy48
  • Confused 1

I get jokes. Took me a second... he's not full right (?). His pads aren't that stiff/straight (?). His crouch isn't severe (?).

15 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

He's also a massive Hiller fan too apparently. :P

Edited by chile57

18 minutes ago, chile57 said:

I get jokes. Took me a second... he's not full right (?). His pads aren't that stiff/straight (?). His crouch isn't severe (?).

Ha, took me forever.  I was scanning every inch of his gear head to toe and not seeing the obvious.

I think he looks awesome in that getup...I don't mind the helmet so much other than the color match is pretty off.

54 minutes ago, chile57 said:

34 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ha, took me forever.  I was scanning every inch of his gear head to toe and not seeing the obvious.

I think he looks awesome in that getup...I don't mind the helmet so much other than the color match is pretty off.

And here I thought it was immediately obvious what I was referencing lol.

Colour is probably off due to the helmet probably being reflective paint for UV light. Plus you know, the clearly washed out look of printed pads.

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

And here I thought it was immediately obvious what I was referencing lol.

Colour is probably off due to the helmet probably being reflective paint for UV light. Plus you know, the clearly washed out look of printed pads.

The pads look proper to me, the helmet looks too Swedeny.

Also, his blocker looks well used for being a new set, probably just a practice version though.

Edited by seagoal

5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Screenshot_20220225-060717_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220225-060802_Instagram.jpg

It's cool to see tribute sets. But I was wondering, in 20 years from now, how will future NHL goalies pay tribut to current NHL goalies? I mean, now, goalies use 3 different masks with different paint-jobs each season and nobody uses the same graphic on gear for more than a one season. So I guess future goalies will still be paying tribute to 80's and 90's goalies.

The only goalie with a distinctive and unique mask that comes to mind is Rask. I think he used the same paintjob for his whole career.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, seagoal said:

Petersen in fresh new gear with new graphics.

Glove is V6, blocker V3....can't see it clearly, and as per the comments from Vaughn pads are VE8

20220225_094457.jpg

Screenshot_20220225-094428_Samsung Internet.jpg

Love this Vaughn family that exists with the Kings where they all use really specific models and other specs on their gear.

Edited by keeperton