The official 2021-2022 "Gear sitings" thread

Steph Lawa

33 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

You're telling me there's a political interest group marketing to NHL coaches and scouts that pushes a big goalie agenda?  Now it all makes sense

image.png.4fd1feacc0afe9ca7cc862ef9c2c8c09.png

Do you want to know the terrifying truth?

Or do you want to see Ovi sock a few dingers?

• Haha 2

Y'all are so far behind the curve. I am 5' 7", wear 12" wide pads, a vastly oversized Trapper, slightly, only slightly illegal Blocker, a V6 2200 Pro XL C/A, XL Vaughn Pants but here's the clincher .................. I have a 48 inch chest and I stand up to stop shots!

It just ain't fair when playing against you skinny giraffes, you're hooped.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, netminder said:

Your screen shot just galvanized my statement though, its a decades old formula that the fast track to success for a goalie must mean height is auto-elite. When in fact the sub 6'1 and shorter goalies who were at least given a chance are FAAAAAR more successful per capita. I did math for you earlier, i'm glad you ignored it. If the the script was immediatly reversed and 80% of those goalies were 6'1 or shorter on that list, you would NOT, i repeat NOT see 50%, 66%, 75% of the big goalies in the top 5 of every league stats anymore. By the sheer number of tall goalies vs small in the pro's and semi pros you see a split in success at the top, but again, if 60 6'2+ goalies making it pro vs just 10 6'1 and shorter making it pro has never been backed by data that taller is better except lists like that. I showed you real world results and you still ignored. Its all about the dinosaur thinking, and based on that, should the 2 pad stack be a go-to save still too? Not many goals go in when someone does a 2 pad stack so it MUST be used more often right?

I admitted you’re right. What else do you need?

I get to ignore your data because your argument is committing a fallacy. You’re beating up a strawman, and arguing against yourself.

I never said small goalies aren’t effective. I didn’t say they were bad. I never even said “don’t draft them.”

I did say, teams are not drafting smaller goalies and are not forecasting to change that any time soon. This is based off recent conversations I have had with goalie coaches and goalie specific scouts at the NHL level. I provided last years draft to provide support and context. 

So, if you think I’m lying about having these conversations with people, or am lying about what they told me in those conversations we can have that discussion. 

11 minutes ago, RedX said:

I admitted you’re right. What else do you need?

I get to ignore your data because your argument is committing a fallacy. You’re beating up a strawman, and arguing against yourself.

I never said small goalies aren’t effective. I didn’t say they were bad. I never even said “don’t draft them.”

I did say, teams are not drafting smaller goalies and are not forecasting to change that any time soon. This is based off recent conversations I have had with goalie coaches and goalie specific scouts at the NHL level. I provided last years draft to provide support and context. 

So, if you think I’m lying about having these conversations with people, or am lying about what they told me in those conversations we can have that discussion. 

This is the part where we ignore netminders replies btw

1 hour ago, Wonder35 said:

It just ain't fair when playing against you skinny giraffes, you're hooped.

Does it count if I’m 6’0” 138lbs? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Seriously man, you need chill.  You're freaking people out.  I know this is you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slender_Man

Does saying I don’t tan make it worse?😂

Anyways here’s a good shot of axis 2 if there’s people on here without instagram 

88854E08-43E1-436A-9812-A45382D25700.thumb.jpeg.e22c5d68709659127d4e6e152d94b17e.jpeg
If you look closely at the glove wrist you see he has a premier chest too. Crazy to me how many people are still using one. 

On 2/12/2022 at 4:03 PM, RedX said:

My oldest is 6' about 180. He's 15 now. Plays D. Forever and the day growing up everyone said he's gonna be a terror when you can hit. 

But now? Small defenseman are what is in style. Team USA for the Olympics didn't even have one d man over 6'.

My son even is looked down upon because he's big. Small and quick is what everyone wants.

So while big ass kids are the pick for goal. They aren't anywhere else on the ice.