2022 Bauer Mystery Skate - Konekt Goalie Skate

TheGoalNet

I just bought these. I am the lucky one with giant feet this time. Cant wait to get them in the mail. I'll be sure to make a video for all when I receive them and after getting them on the ice for the first time. 

Really hope that Ebay seller is not a scam. Kinda weird that a shop like that had those skates. But they seem to have a good rep so I'm keeping my fingers crossed

2 minutes ago, NoProZero said:

I just bought these. I am the lucky one with giant feet this time. Cant wait to get them in the mail. I'll be sure to make a video for all when I receive them and after getting them on the ice for the first time. 

Really hope that Ebay seller is not a scam. Kinda weird that a shop like that had those skates. But they seem to have a good rep so I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Damn I'm so jealous. The shop was SUPER responsive to my messages. When they first posted, there was no size listed and I kind of had to coach the guy through where to find it. He replied to everything immediately and updated the listing with a picture of the tag, etc.

If they had been 7s I would have been all over them!

4 minutes ago, NoProZero said:

I'm glad to hear about that. I was worried that they would be kid size, but figured that Bauer wasn't making those yet since these are only available to Pro and NCAA. Did he mention how he managed to get these skates? 

Yeah I think you are safe on the size. I didn't ask how he got them. I'm curious too though.

8 hours ago, NoProZero said:

If I had to guess, I'd say the shop is an eBay consignment seller - people will drop off their unused items and the shop will list, sell, and ship on their behalf, then take a percentage of the closed sale.

100% positive feedback, I think you'll be safe

On 4/1/2022 at 10:35 AM, NoProZero said:

Yeah as Chenner said you should be ok. But what they list am going to say they get unclaimed or lost freight. The way the box is crushed and the writing/printing on the side of the skates they look to be demo models that are close to retail. Highly doubt that printing is on retail/ Pro stock boots. Chances are they got lost in shipping and went unclaimed. Bet Bauer was hoping they weren't going to pop up for sale online, so your pretty dam lucky. Job will done getting them.

On 4/3/2022 at 11:39 AM, Snowman30 said:

Yeah as Chenner said you should be ok. But what they list am going to say they get unclaimed or lost freight. The way the box is crushed and the writing/printing on the side of the skates they look to be demo models that are close to retail. Highly doubt that printing is on retail/ Pro stock boots. Chances are they got lost in shipping and went unclaimed. Bet Bauer was hoping they weren't going to pop up for sale online, so your pretty dam lucky. Job will done getting them.

The seller canceled the shipment and refunded me in full on friday. On GGSU I found out from Garret Sparks that he saw the sale listing, contacted his bauer rep about it, and the bauer rep said there were 5 pairs of size 13 that went missing / stolen. I'm pretty sure they contacted the seller and reclaimed them. So, Garret Sparks unintentionally screwed me out of a sweet deal. 

Edited by NoProZero
  • Sad 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Hockeygoalie111 said:

The Konekt will be an interesting release for sure.  Curious to see if this becomes an industry standard or if it goes the way of "MyFlex" Bauer pads. 

It'll all depend on how long the hinge mechanism holds up. NHLers may be OK to go through multiple pairs of skates in a season, but Average Joe can't be dropping $1100 on custom skates every eight months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJ Boiss said:

It'll all depend on how long the hinge mechanism holds up. NHLers may be OK to go through multiple pairs of skates in a season, but Average Joe can't be dropping $1100 on custom skates every eight months.

Also, the longevity of the liner and if the metal pieces are prone to rusting.  Curious if the liners are to be removed between skates.  Interesting there are no vent ports/drains in the bottom of the shell.

3 hours ago, netminder said:

This skate is not revolutionary in the least.

As far as performance boots are concerned no but in the hockey skate industry just about everything besides the blade and holder is new. Virtually all of the tech and materials are carried over from ski boots and rightfully so. If you’re going to make a skate modeled after a ski boot why use anything but the source?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

As far as performance boots are concerned no but in the hockey skate industry just about everything besides the blade and holder is new. Virtually all of the tech and materials are carried over from ski boots and rightfully so. If you’re going to make a skate modeled after a ski boot why use anything but the source?

be careful, you're talking to Bauer's main hater

• Haha 2