The Mask Thread

3 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

I’m not sure exactly what model it is but i know for sure it’s a 2015 model. It’s hands down the best one I’ve ever used. Very comfortable and great padding. A lot less ringers too. 

ok cool thanks!

9 hours ago, Znowleopard said:

Does anyone know if there is data on the impact absorption of the different foams used in masks?

I don't think there is any for goalie masks specifically and I wish that information was public (the NHL does their own testing I believe).

On 4/6/2018 at 6:57 AM, Max Tanzi said:

@TheGoalNet I checked out the description of the 1.5 on GoalieMonkey and I found that it was more of the mask for me, as I am still relatively new to goalie 

I think anyone at nearly any level of hockey should be in a full composite mask and probably a pro. It’s doesnt mean you need a $1000 Bauer, but don’t take chances with your head 

On 2018-04-06 at 7:46 AM, Max Tanzi said:

I was not. I was looking at the 1.5

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

I think anyone at nearly any level of hockey should be in a full composite mask and probably a pro. It’s doesnt mean you need a $1000 Bauer, but don’t take chances with your head 

+1 

There are so many good "budget" masks out there, that there is no reason you should be in a "polycarbonate" (aka plastic) shell. I know OTNY has a kevlar reinforced shell for about $500 CDN. I've also heard great things about Coveted. 

Or wait for sales. I picked up my Bauer 950X (same shell as the 960 but with no Innegra reinforcement, less XRD padding and different backplate) for what a 940 would have cost me.

It's your head. Concussions never go away. Trust me.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Znowleopard said:

So I took a slap shot off my cage last night from some cunt who though trying to injure me was funny should I replace the cage or is it alright? IMG_20180414_235835.thumb.jpg.dbebed3e0e74cd2d9f7de774e41e272c.jpgIMG_20180414_235845.thumb.jpg.d8c1be6e8eb5841606f2b587ebd07fd3.jpg

And is there anything I can do about the paint?

Forget the bucket for a sec - are you ok? I’ve never had a slap shot off the noggin, but I imagine it’s not the best...

12 hours ago, itis121 said:

Does anybody know where I can get an HM30 cage in Canada? Will it get stopped in customs if i order it online outside of Canada?

No it won't be stopped at customs. I had to order my Bauer cheater cage from the US because they cannot sell them in Canada. I am only a couple of hours from OTNY and was going to pick it up and they wouldn't let me. It's a pain in ass.