2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

3 hours ago, Moose75 said:

I know we all complained about guys having too much white or not enough color, but all these full color sets lately are starting to overkill it for me. But I'm happy to see it at the same time. 

PS: I'm a grumpy young man and also hate things like the "forced personality" of the 'Canes dumb celebrations. NHL players tend to be cardboard, so making them show manufactured personality just feels empty and a shallow, desperate attempt to gain fans.

Anyways...here's me contradicting myself with a rad colored set from NCAA action:

46561314195_5183386da6_o.jpg

I agree to some extent, I might be one of the only people who isn’t crazy about Saros’ set. I’m all for changing it up from mostly white but at least add some more accents to it like Rinne just did. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it — I think Nashville swung a little too far in terms of minimizing the navy in their uniforms (I think navy thirds have been rumored for next year) so it's nice to see some in net. Probably won't see new paint or new sticks to go with the gear at this point in the season, too bad.

1 hour ago, TitanG said:

Another detail though, are we seeing a 'practice' and 'game' chest protector and pants here? Or does her normally rotate two sets?

Good questions, not sure.

All I can see is red w/white is better than white /red.  :)

1 hour ago, TitanG said:

Another detail though, are we seeing a 'practice' and 'game' chest protector and pants here? Or does her normally rotate two sets?

I don't think so. If you zoom in you can see the left CA is pretty beaten up whilst the right one looks new. Could very well be it's something he's slowly working in?

I'm really hoping this summer we see a lot more goalies talk about their chest protectors, and whether they'd be open to having a practice and game protector. 

11 hours ago, seagoal said:

Price...what a diva.

D3LwGzEW0AYveo5.jpeg.jpg

"Ho, hum - another day at the office, sitting under pictures of my boys Vezina (has a goaltender trophy named after him) and Hainsworth (most shutouts in a single season - 22 in a 44 game shcedule)... y'know, no big deal..."

Man these two are looking so good.

Ideally I would have found a similar pic of Rinne and Saros in their new sets , but I couldn't.

Love this pic.  There's a sorta mentor and protege vibe.  

I enjoyed watching Subban play more, recently.  

Screenshot_20190405-075228_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

I agree... I know Price hates puck marks and makes the equipment staff clean his gear 

Hmm...the blocker he used last night looked like it had been run over several times by a truck....it was almost solid black. 

Archived