Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Man, I didn't realise that the V8 glove was so close to a 590 - the backside, cuff and internal strapping is almost identical! Thats not a knock though, I loved my old 590 and thats a beautiful glove.

24 minutes ago, Teezle said:

@seagoal do you feel those lacing tie-offs at the back of the cuff when you have your hand in the glove? I can't imagine what Vaughn was thinking by putting them there instead of a more out-of-the-way area.

In this 590-ish style glove the way your hand is positioned in the glove means the cuff angles away from your arm, so your wrist isn't near those knots on the rear of the cuff. 

3 hours ago, Teezle said:

@seagoal do you feel those lacing tie-offs at the back of the cuff when you have your hand in the glove? I can't imagine what Vaughn was thinking by putting them there instead of a more out-of-the-way area.

Thanks for the love guys.

@Teezle  negative.  Those lace tie-offs are completely covered.  They just look exposed in that pic from the way I was holding the cuff out of the picture.

20191007_121808.jpg

@raucebyalien  for sure.  It's well documented that this glove is a direct CCM clone. 

One interesting thing I just noticed.  There is a vestigial appendage on this glove.  On the inside exterior of the cuff above the VE8 logo there is a tab of navy blue jenpro.  That's normally where the nylon wrist strap comes out, which I don't have on this glove and opted for the leather/buckle strap instead.  It's interesting that they still cut and sewed on the jenpro tab even without the strap.

image.png.f1fa34ef7163f1a1763fe4bc63f2dc33.png

Edited by seagoal

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

New mitt is here and I love it.  It has an amazing snap and pop right out of the box and it feels game ready and broken in...first time I've ever felt this from a Vaughn glove out of the box.  The internal straps are perfect for my hands and the pocket on this thing is enormous.  Super impressed with this glove and very excited about pick-up tomorrow night.  Unfortunately I can't post videos but I wish I could show you the snap and how easy it is to scoop a puck off the floor already. 

20191007_110351.jpg

20191007_110401.jpg

20191007_110407.jpg

20191007_110421.jpg

20191007_110541.jpg

20191007_110521.jpg

20191007_110511.jpg

20191007_110607.jpg

Oh yeah...these too .

20191007_111435.jpg

20191007_111446.jpg

Sweet new cup/compression combo... glove isn't bad i guess.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ha, thanks.  The compression shorts are for sure a nice upgrade for me....too.  The cup in this thing is really nice.  Just sayin'.

Potentially a related question... are those specimen cups??

Are you... 

1. Making donations as a side hustle to help pay for new gear? 😲 
  2. Helping out a dozen people who have a drug test coming up? 🤥

image.png.b39ae4efa3b95e8f1ec707a40f8e2cff.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Potentially a related question... are those specimen cups?? Are you making donations as a side hustle to help pay for new gear? 😲 Maybe helping out a person in need who has a drug test coming up? 🤥

image.png.b39ae4efa3b95e8f1ec707a40f8e2cff.png

Haha.  That was me being lazy with cropping. 

Those are specimen cups, in a sense.  I'm a sample coordinator for a coffee importer and one of my tasks for checking in new samples of raw coffee from all over the globe is to check the water activity and moisture content of the beans, so those are the cups that go into the meter. 

Edited by seagoal

18 hours ago, seagoal said:

New mitt is here and I love it.  It has an amazing snap and pop right out of the box and it feels game ready and broken in...first time I've ever felt this from a Vaughn glove out of the box.  The internal straps are perfect for my hands and the pocket on this thing is enormous.  Super impressed with this glove and very excited about pick-up tomorrow night.  Unfortunately I can't post videos but I wish I could show you the snap and how easy it is to scoop a puck off the floor already. 

20191007_110351.jpg

20191007_110401.jpg

20191007_110407.jpg

20191007_110421.jpg

20191007_110541.jpg

20191007_110521.jpg

20191007_110511.jpg

20191007_110607.jpg

Oh yeah...these too .

20191007_111435.jpg

20191007_111446.jpg

That's real nice, dude. But credit where credit's due: How @coopaloop1234 got all those stains out in the short time he had with your glove before passing it along to you is beyond me!

On 9/24/2019 at 10:20 AM, craig said:

Thanks. 

I created a plug from an existing 282. To do this I fused the helmet at the adjustment points and blended the seams. I also removed the logo and the trim around the ears. Once all the openings were closed off and blended I made a two piece mould off of the plug in traditional fashion. 

I chose to keep all of the vent holes except for the ones at the very top/back. I also drilled holes for the two common cage mount positions.

The helmet I posted was the first pull from the mould. Its a fibreglass/epoxy lay-up. A little on the thick side, but not bad for a first pull. I used it mostly to figure out hole layout .etc. A gazillion small square holes is a pain in the a$$!!!!.  

Defiantly going to do another one in the future... but I have other things on my radar. 

Any idea where someone could find one of those cages? OTNY doesn't seem to offer them on their site anymore, which is a huge bummer.

10 hours ago, keeperton said:

Any idea where someone could find one of those cages? OTNY doesn't seem to offer them on their site anymore, which is a huge bummer.

No clue. This is the only one I've ever seen. 

I never actually saw OTNY offer these on their website. I remember there being talk of doing a group buy back in the GSBB days. Way back. I also contacted OTNY about many years ago and didn't get a response. 

I doubt they'd even do a run of them now unless the numbers were really high.

Olympia Composites offers a few variants of this cage, but their prices are a little steep... especially for us north of the border. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Nice....with pad wrap accents soon after?

yes. a great deal on these pads too, i have plenty of teal padskinz left over, and also lots of white from a year ago but the rest of my stuff is white weave so idk if i should order some white weave or make do with what i have.

Edited by southpawtendy48

46 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

yes. a great deal on these pads too, i have plenty of teal padskinz left over, and also lots of white from a year ago but the rest of my stuff is white weave so idk if i should order some white weave or make do with what i have.

Nice, you could hardly go wrong with a black base like these.  I think you might be the first SLR2s on here once you get them.

What size are you getting?   Are you a teenager...still growing? 

51 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Nice, you could hardly go wrong with a black base like these.  I think you might be the first SLR2s on here once you get them.

What size are you getting?   Are you a teenager...still growing? 

33+2. My current ones are the same and if anything I can still grow into them a bit, and I’m turning 18 but I’m pretty sure I’m done growing. Also they aren’t the pro carbon so they were pretty bendy at the thigh rise which is what I like.