Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

@southpawtendy48 Big fan of all the teal. I've never had a reason to have my own teal stuff, but my first mites team was teal back in the day!

Here's a photodump of my new gear that I posted the .png file of when I submitted it to The Hockey Shop back in May. Thanks to Cam, and the rest of his staff, up there for all their help. I'll put notes next to pictures that are meant to highlight customization or other small things.

Front and landing pictures to highlight the asymmetry.

qQcLtde.jpgbUrcWnj.jpgAYndzB3.jpg

IV Strap Numbers and front butterfly

eJ9n9cS.jpgm5eOBwm.jpg

I asked for the bottom side of the boot to be done like the G3netiks, which means that instead of the primo being only where the boot sets, it's also on the inside of the toe. Also shows my flex setting, which is the same as stock. I would have done the boot as a 5, but even Brian's said it's basically the same and I figured using a 4 would add some longevity maybe.

tB3RL42.jpg

How I strap up the back. I tried joining the knee strap to the upper area of the calf wrap and found it lets my knee too much to my own liking. I also attach the knee pads to the tab on the pad and do my boot through a lundy-loop. I got both additional straps, but removed the top one and kept the bottom one. I will likely tighten the bottom nylon one a little and in the future I'll make sure to get pads with a professor strap.

Aj0SjJ9.jpg

Comparison to the G3netik. Same size, 32"+2" for both. The 3s are much straighter in profile, IVs came a little more precurved. I'm definitely still getting used to the thigh being stiffer, I'd likely shorten the thigh by 0.5" in the future.

IukHX5N.jpg

Optik blocker and GIV glove. Coming from Optik blocker and glove, I greatly prefer this glove even though I'm still getting used to it. It feels like it opens up a lot less, but that's really because it's so much less effort to open and close it for me, thing's a beauty and feels great on the hand.

G4RRGEd.jpg

Primo on the blocker part that goes on the ice for wear reasons. I stayed with the Optik blocker since I liked my first so much, though on the newer ones they're using a digitech palm without me asking. No differing opinion yet since the rest of the blocker is still so stiff that it feels different enough.

7iFNaSU.jpg

JB1T8x8.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, keeperton said:

@southpawtendy48 Big fan of all the teal. I've never had a reason to have my own teal stuff, but my first mites team was teal back in the day!

Here's a photodump of my new gear that I posted the .png file of when I submitted it to The Hockey Shop back in May. Thanks to Cam, and the rest of his staff, up there for all their help. I'll put notes next to pictures that are meant to highlight customization or other small things.

eJ9n9cS.jpgm5eOBwm.jpg

I asked for the bottom side of the boot to be done like the G3netiks, which means that instead of the primo being only where the boot sets, it's also on the inside of the toe. Also shows my flex setting, which is the same as stock. I would have done the boot as a 5, but even Brian's said it's basically the same and I figured using a 4 would add some longevity maybe.

tB3RL42.jpg

How I strap up the back. I tried joining the knee strap to the upper area of the calf wrap and found it lets my knee too much to my own liking. I also attach the knee pads to the tab on the pad and do my boot through a lundy-loop. I got both additional straps, but removed the top one and kept the bottom one. I will likely tighten the bottom nylon one a little and in the future I'll make sure to get pads with a professor strap.

Aj0SjJ9.jpg

Comparison to the G3netik. Same size, 32"+2" for both. The 3s are much straighter in profile, IVs came a little more precurved. I'm definitely still getting used to the thigh being stiffer, I'd likely shorten the thigh by 0.5" in the future.

IukHX5N.jpg

Optik blocker and GIV glove. Coming from Optik blocker and glove, I greatly prefer this glove even though I'm still getting used to it. It feels like it opens up a lot less, but that's really because it's so much less effort to open and close it for me, thing's a beauty and feels great on the hand.

G4RRGEd.jpg

Primo on the blocker part that goes on the ice for wear reasons. I stayed with the Optik blocker since I liked my first so much, though on the newer ones they're using a digitech palm without me asking. No differing opinion yet since the rest of the blocker is still so stiff that it feels different enough.

7iFNaSU.jpg

JB1T8x8.jpg

I can’t see any pictures 

1 hour ago, keeperton said:

eJ9n9cS.jpgm5eOBwm.jpg

tB3RL42.jpg

Aj0SjJ9.jpg

IukHX5N.jpg

G4RRGEd.jpg

7iFNaSU.jpg

JB1T8x8.jpg

thanks man, and well done on the setup. I do wanna ask though, what’s the yellow stitching for on the top of the pads?

21 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Hmm, maybe I'll stop by and try it on for you.

Ha, you have my approval pal, go for it!

Oh...P.S. .......it's PERFECT!  

Image.jpeg

Image-1.jpeg

Image-2.jpeg

I am so glad I went with white binding.  I love the way it looks.

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 7

26 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Almost perfect, anyway. I guess you don’t mind that they misspelled “Vaughn” ...?

(did I make you look...?)

😁

Beautiful glove, @seagoal! Congrats, man!

Ha.....I just got goose bumps and a stomach ache.  You TOTALLY made me look.  I hate you.

I mean I love you.  Jerk.

:)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Oh those are constellations then? That answers my question

Yep, Ursa Major and Corvus. I had them on my previous gloves too, but as stamps instead of embroidered.

8 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Tell me, do you like backgammon by chance?

This was basically one of the responses I got from the Brian's IG post. There was also, "Pascal Leclaire?" haha

For what it's worth, I wasn't thinking that when I designed them that way, but I do like that it makes me feel like one of the Queen of Heart's guards.

@goalie381 Agree. I've wanted some sort of controlled asymmetry for awhile. I really liked the vertical stitching on my white ones, but also felt it was time to move on from being in the all-white-pads crew. One of my earlier designs was vertical stitch stripes done asymmetrically, but, "it looks like someone used duct tape to put this together," was my dad's response.

5 hours ago, seagoal said:

Ha, you have my approval pal, go for it!

Oh...P.S. .......it's PERFECT!  

Image.jpeg

Image-1.jpeg

Image-2.jpeg

I am so glad I went with white binding.  I love the way it looks.

That thing's a beauty.

Edited by keeperton

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

Thanks @keeperton.  I'm pretty excited about.  It left Surrey due south to me today.  Should be on my hand at my work very, very soon, I'm hoping by Friday.

I've gotten most of my stuff from THS and I'm down here in Portland. It usually takes too long to arrive here (weekends, customs, etc), so I really hope you get it reaches you on by then. Is that a standard VE8?