EcoProFoam

cwarnar

With Maltese all but gone, it looks like Dennis Kasprowicz has launched a new foam company called ECOpro.  Making much of the same stuff as Maltese including mask kits and chin slings:

image.thumb.png.3e9b6be2ea26bffb0ac5ca7184f9769a.png

image.thumb.png.0623245ecb46cf74e9e732eba7b0e487.png

But will also be launching a neck guard (combo) very soon... Thoughts?

43828943_10100399169179303_1511278350126022656_n.jpg.cafa186524b05cc51e460803c6c8c6f0.jpg

43788194_10100399173051543_7427903998629249024_n.jpg.ef08afe62ea9d4bb026a22ca59408a00.jpg

Anyone using the mask kits or sling yet?

I have EcoPro Foam (kit) installed in 2 masks - a 2015 Pro's Choice and an old 2003 Reidic. I also used the die cut version in an Otny this past summer for a few hours. If you've ever used a current model XPM you'll get an idea of how comfortable it is - but with faster drying. Equally as comfortable from my perspective after about 30 hrs of use so far. I had Maltese in the PC before changing it to EcoPro Foam. The latter is much better. Not nearly as hard and when you get hit its a dull thud with both shock and sound being dampened. Highly recommend. 

The sling is springier (more give) than what I am used to - either jenpro backed Wzlhed or rubatex from New Image are installed in all of my masks except Sportmask and Cubberly where cups work better - so had to mess with it a bit to get it right. It really was only a matter of positioning further (more gap) than I normally would so that when your chin pushes against it it provides the right position stretched to cradle properly.        

I'd really like to know if this is anything new or Dennis has just branded the same stuff that's been around forever (Maltese, Shocktec).  It sure looks the same, but I'm not getting price gouged to find out for myself.  Either way, good job Dennis for filling the void.  

47 minutes ago, lummy31 said:

I have EcoPro Foam (kit) installed in 2 masks - a 2015 Pro's Choice and an old 2003 Reidic. I also used the die cut version in an Otny this past summer for a few hours. If you've ever used a current model XPM you'll get an idea of how comfortable it is - but with faster drying. Equally as comfortable from my perspective after about 30 hrs of use so far. I had Maltese in the PC before changing it to EcoPro Foam. The latter is much better. Not nearly as hard and when you get hit its a dull thud with both shock and sound being dampened. Highly recommend. 

The sling is springier (more give) than what I am used to - either jenpro backed Wzlhed or rubatex from New Image are installed in all of my masks except Sportmask and Cubberly where cups work better - so had to mess with it a bit to get it right. It really was only a matter of positioning further (more gap) than I normally would so that when your chin pushes against it it provides the right position stretched to cradle properly.        

Did you have to cut the foams differently to fit? How do the shots feel compared to the original EVA foam? Have pics of the inside set-up, please?

12 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Did you have to cut the foams differently to fit? How do the shots feel compared to the original EVA foam? Have pics of the inside set-up, please?

Slight cutting (more for preference) but stock kit works quite well. Little harder with the Pro's Choice due to multiple vent holes and how I wanted it to sit. Blue foam is in the Reidic, black foam in the PC. (Note on the Reidic I show front since it's a wider shell and not custom like the PC I had to bulk up the cheeks a bit and you can see how far back I mounted the sling with the give mentioned so that when my face is in there chin pushes up to about 1/4" from the bottom of the face opening.)  

IMG_3440.JPG

IMG_3441.JPG

IMG_3442.JPG

IMG_3444.JPG

I have eco foam in my W10 mask, I used low profile velcro so I can swap it into another mask. I didn't have to trim it at all. It is very comfy overall. I was running into an issue with the backplate causing me headaches, but it was either a combo of being too tight or the backplate being shaped a little weird.  I swapped with a different backplate that had rubatex and I was fine.

On 10/15/2018 at 7:08 PM, Big2 said:

Cawarmar wow really used the Maltese in my son’s Protechsport - do we know what happened to Maltese?

Now Maltese will apparently be selling full sheets of the padding. I wonder if it has to do with their financial situation (probably).

I have the sling in my mask. When you get it it's just straight foam/padding with nothing to back it. I just had my pro department Bauer re padded and the person who did the work put a piece of jenpro on the back to reinforce it and help prevent the fastners from pulling through. I find it's comfortable, almost reminds me of the foam Protechsport uses for there slings.

On 10/20/2018 at 9:04 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Does anyone actually check your mask?

Every now and then a ref checks it. I've actually decided I no longer want to run a chin sling because I was trucked my some triple A kid who probably weighed something like +180lbs (I'm only 120) and that was knocked back into the boards. I think I'll keep the chin cup.

5 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Every now and then a ref checks it. I've actually decided I no longer want to run a chin sling because I was trucked my some triple A kid who probably weighed something like +180lbs (I'm only 120) and that was knocked back into the boards. I think I'll keep the chin cup.

That sucks, hope you're ok.

5 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

What you need to do is put on another 200 lbs and grow a beard.... just what the doctor ordered.  Worked for me ;)

52 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

That sucks, hope you're ok.

All's good. I made a sick diving stick save and then proceeded to stop the rebound with a pad stack right after that lol. The hit was at the very end of the 2nd so I had some recovery time.

49 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

What you need to do is put on another 200 lbs and grow a beard.... just what the doctor ordered.  Worked for me ;)

But I thought being 5'10" and having a mullet would work. Guess I was wrong. I could use at least another 40 or so pounds.....

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 7:57 PM, Mroy31 said:

Just placed my order for the neck guard, apparently have one in stock in my size so hopefully it doesn't take too long

I got mine in 3 days (shipped to TX) when I ordered an in-stock size and color. I love how comfortable it is.

2 hours ago, Teezle said:

I got mine in 3 days (shipped to TX) when I ordered an in-stock size and color. I love how comfortable it is.

Already got the shipping notice, the only other factor is the Canadian border and the rotating Canada Post strikes :P

Archived