Jock Recommendation?

estogoalie

I need a new jock, can anyone recommend a good one? I've had Brown the last few years, and really liked it, but it's kind of a big unit, and I got new Warrior RGT pants with an internal belt, which is great, but the big jock and internal belt make things kind of cramped, so I' looking for a smaller jock, but still protective. Thinking of Brian's or maybe Warrior. Is there any jock out there that is the top dog? Or are they all pretty much the same?

I'll vouch for the Warrior jock. This is my second one (on the first the elastic was just getting stringy). I think its pretty streamlined. Zero protection issues and with the one I just pulled the trigger on and new elastic - stays perfectly in place. Had the Simmons air bladder one before that (and an old school Vic before that).

40 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

I need a new jock, can anyone recommend a good one? I've had Brown the last few years, and really liked it, but it's kind of a big unit, and I got new Warrior RGT pants with an internal belt, which is great, but the big jock and internal belt make things kind of cramped, so I' looking for a smaller jock, but still protective. Thinking of Brian's or maybe Warrior. Is there any jock out there that is the top dog? Or are they all pretty much the same?

Yeah, I get that all the time :D:rofl:

Seriously, I'm in the market too and am considering the following:

- Bauer Pro double cup
- Warrior Pro double cup
- Brian's double cup

The Bauer is the least expensive. Warrior had denting issues with their Gen1, and Brian's will be the most expensive I expect.

Image result for bauer pro goalie jockImage result for bauer pro goalie jock

+1 on the SLR pro carbon. very protective

Loved my old Bauer Pro as pictured above. Extremely comfy and very protective without taking up too much room. Only problem is that a lot of the protection in it is from the air bladder, which deflated over time. If you can get that model, its effectively new old stock at this point, so I would check it for air before buying if you can

I'll toss my hat in for the Warrior.

I came from an Eagle double cup and the Warrior was a decent upgrade. It's not a small unit by far, so if you're looking for something more streamlined, you're best to look at some other alternatives.

Though, I've had zero mobility concerns and I feel like my dick is made out of steel now. So take the info for what it's worth.

I used the Warrior double cup for a couple years before recently switching to the latest Bauer Supreme and would recommend either one of those. If you tuck your chest go with the Bauer as I had to cut the top piece off the Warrior to stop my chest from interfering with it otherwise they are both very comfortable and I never had any issues getting hit in them.

I'll poke my head in here to recommend that you wear a player cup underneath your goalie jock. The little bit of separation, and additional coverage underneath where the goalie jock normally covers, is something I greatly appreciate. It's saved me a great deal of undue pain more than once.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 8:13 PM, CJ Boiss said:

I'll poke my head in here to recommend that you wear a player cup underneath your goalie jock. The little bit of separation, and additional coverage underneath where the goalie jock normally covers, is something I greatly appreciate. It's saved me a great deal of undue pain more than once.

Been doing this for a couple years now. It does make a difference., no if or nuts about it :rofl:

On 2/15/2020 at 2:13 AM, CJ Boiss said:

Poor choice of words for a thread about jocks 😆

11 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Been doing this for a couple years now. It does make a difference., no if or nuts about it :rofl:

I'll triple this. I was using a double cup for a while and recently switched to this method which has been great for me. I currently use Under Armour compression pants with built in jock. I use this as the "player" cup for the compression pants. Think about it it this way too, the compression pant/shorts are not going to shift around, meaning this layer of protection is rarely (if ever) going to be out of position when a puck hits. And for the top jock, I've been using a Vaughn v7 pro carbon single goalie jock. Very light and not bulky at all. I'll never go back to double goalie cup only for the above reason. That thing shifts even a little bit and you're going to be in some pain.

Vaughn goalie cup: Here's the vaughn unit: https://goalie.purehockey.com/product/vaughn-velocity-7-xr-pro-goalie-jock-senior/itm/25316-41/

Player cup: https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-MMA-Adult-Athletic-Protector/dp/B00CKY0VIK/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=diamond+mma+cup&qid=1582039332&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-7

PS - might be overkill but I've been using the above "MMA" cup in the compression pants and its near bullet proof on its own. Been great so far. It's like $30 on amazon and other sites.

On 2/14/2020 at 7:51 AM, RichMan said:

Yeah, I get that all the time :D:rofl:

Seriously, I'm in the market too and am considering the following:

- Bauer Pro double cup
- Warrior Pro double cup
- Brian's double cup

The Bauer is the least expensive. Warrior had denting issues with their Gen1, and Brian's will be the most expensive I expect.

Image result for bauer pro goalie jockImage result for bauer pro goalie jock

I have the bottom Bauer one. I came from a Warrior. I have a huge fan of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/14/2020 at 5:01 AM, estogoalie said:

Brown's double cup is HUGE! I don't know how anyone wears that thing! I do the Brown single cup over base layer and a Diamond MMA jock. Like you, I like the internal belt on my goalie pants (old Bauer that need replacing).

I'm personally not a Warrior fan because it tends to float about and the elastic got stretched out in less than 1 season with my fat 33" waist!!! Was using an old Vaughn V7, which is still my backup. 

Archived