The official 2021-2022 "Gear sitings" thread

Steph Lawa

1 hour ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Isn’t Vaughn using color logos new? I thought they were only silver for the longest time. Also, so you’re saying matte black is only Brian’s to use? Those pads look great. 

Yea up until the V6 they only had black/silver and silver/black.  When I ordered my V6 they had added red and I think blue.  Now they have quite a few different ones.  

2 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yea up until the V6 they only had black/silver and silver/black.  When I ordered my V6 they had added red and I think blue.  Now they have quite a few different ones.  

Now they have silver, black, red, blue, and sport gold.  For any cut/sew word logos it's $80 for each glove, blocker, and pads if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArdeFIN said:

I only have Quick Slide in my possession ATM so I cannot compare directly but in pictures they look identical.

They are the same material. Can’t remember which way the relationship works but I think Mike Vaughn owns part of Brian’s (possibly vise versus) and the brands share similarities in materials and such because of this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

They are the same material. Can’t remember which way the relationship works but I think Mike Vaughn owns part of Brian’s (possibly vise versus) and the brands share similarities in materials and such because of this.

Yep, you got it right. 

5 hours ago, The Teal Terror said:

Hey all. 

I’m digging this, sharks masks in the past can be hit and miss, but I love the variety it has. Especially the one shark on the backplate eating an octopus. Preemptive rivalry me thinks!

Hey, welcome to the forum.

I have been a Sharks fan for a while.  Them vs Vegas is some of my favorite hockey to watch.  Everyone seems to think Seattle will feud with Vegas and Vegas (including the league, scheduling their first ever game and first home game vs them, respectively), but I'm hoping for some rivalry with the Sharks.

Are you in the bay area?

16 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's hilarious. Practically the same exact set as Grubauer save the red accents on the back of the gloves.

Unless he's just borrowing that set for photo day?

Definitely different mitts.  The pads are identical to Grubauer's so him borrowing these might be possible.  I would imagine no 2 goalies on the same team would get the exact same graphic and colors from the same company.   

I bet Daccord's pads will match his blocker, but I wonder why he didn't receive the whole set.  

I'll post some pics from Training Camp the next 2 mornings and see what's up. 

Edited by seagoal

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Definitely different mitts.  The pads are identical to Grubauer's so him borrowing these might be possible.  I would imagine no 2 goalies on the same team would get the exact same graphic and colors from the same company.   

I bet Daccord's pads will match his blocker, but I wonder why he didn't receive the whole set.  

I'll post some pics from Training Camp the next 2 mornings and see what's up. 

48 week wait for Daccord's pads.  You heard it here first

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

FINALLY! A TML goalie that doesn’t have a boring as hell copout white setup!

3C787957-1DD1-4AFC-9A8A-AB0C396E9FF4.jpeg

094E5C93-F761-43B4-9E9B-9AD4C6F84F84.jpeg

Damn.  That looks fantastic.  Pretty simple but that's how you use only 2 colors with the most pop.  Perfection.  My fandom of Campbell continues, for sure. 

• Like 2