The official 2021-2022 "Gear sitings" thread

Steph Lawa

22 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Still feels wrong to be saying this but here’s Holtby’s stars gear
44A5CFC3-D30C-4FE0-BD9C-BA50E5CDE825.thumb.jpeg.670827d62effe7908a43737378035dd5.jpeg

Brings back memories of lehtonen though which is always welcome

image.thumb.jpeg.bfd46a46b15b03d8a74cd759e3dc0392.jpeg
I’m going to have to politely ask holtby to sit on top of the net at some point to bring it all together. 

Jeez i forgot how massive Kari was.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

It's not all sunshine and roses out there.

Lefevre vs CCM
https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=958d0221-87c8-4bbd-970c-a810ed6ceece

There's also Piku vs Vaughn
https://casetext.com/case/mike-vaughn-custom-sports-inc-v-piku

Bauer pissed off a lot of people on the retail side when they opened their own retail stores...

Don't get me started on the small custom manufacturers copying graphics, that has its own thread...

There's also some pretty bad stories that go under the radar.
Small stores have had their license to sell certain brand's gear taken away by bigger retail chains.  The bigger chain will go to the brand manufacturer and say: "stop selling to this small shop or we'll pull all our booking orders"

Can confirm since my small local shops cannot order anything from Brian's as of like 8 years ago. It's a huge bummer ordering gear out here, I can pretty much only order Vaughn, CCM, and Bauer. My one Bauer order got the wrong colors (Arizona Red instead of regular Red) and my shop still hasn't gotten a response as to why/what will be done about it.

22 minutes ago, caument60 said:

A look at Alex Nedeljkovic and Thomas Greiss in the Red Wings' Red vs. White game.

RW Ned.jpg

I'm liking the way the hip flexor padding on those pants is segmented. Presumably those are SLR3 pants. I still have no idea what pants my team ordered for us but I'm hoping Vaughn approved my request for SLR3 team pants.

2 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Vanacek with the new Bauer 2022 line

4A5C20EE-B669-400B-A4A9-74047C74D209.jpeg

E941DAE2-A4BC-46BF-853D-332C985FEA00.jpeg
these things look cool, but have some absolutely wack color zones

This is honestly one of the few graphics I truly despise but I respect that every single blocked off area is its own color zone making for tons of options.

So aside from looking lame, what's the issue with Gibson's mask? I'm assuming it's a Captain America theme, right? I'm assuming the artist didn't get permission to use it. Seems like a basic step any mask artist should take if attempting something like that. And if you're going to do something illegal, at least make it look cool. It just looks like a giant A on his forehead and a bullseye on his ear, on a dark backdrop. Maybe that's how the artist though he'd get around copyright, make it look super-lame and they won't notice. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

So aside from looking lame, what's the issue with Gibson's mask? I'm assuming it's a Captain America theme, right? I'm assuming the artist didn't get permission to use it. Seems like a basic step any mask artist should take if attempting something like that. And if you're going to do something illegal, at least make it look cool. It just looks like a giant A on his forehead and a bullseye on his ear, on a dark backdrop. Maybe that's how the artist though he'd get around copyright, make it look super-lame and they won't notice. 🤦‍♂️

I'm glad you wrote this.  I was thinking the same thing.  I'm not sure I get the issue with the mask. I actually like the way he looks with it in the most recent pic .  I mean, yeah it's unusual to have a giant block letter on your forehead, but, at least it's legible. Maybe too legible? I really like how large the 36 on the chin is, too.  Bigger is better for chin numbers. 

The objection to this sorta went over my head. 

Edited by seagoal

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

I'm glad you wrote this.  I was thinking the same thing.  I'm not sure I get the issue with the mask. I actually like the way he looks with it in the most recent pic .  I mean, yeah it's unusual to have a giant block letter on your forehead, but, at least it's legible. Maybe too legible? I really like how large the 36 on the chin is, too.  Bigger is better for chin numbers. 

The objection to this sorta went over my head. 

The objection is that the artist didn't ask for permission from the designer to use the design on the mask. The mask design was lifted almost exactly from a mock-up GoalieCustomizer (on Instagram) made.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUQL3SzAmiJ/

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Pretty bizarre siting

6E80A038-A6F3-48D4-B5B0-5516A8306813.thumb.jpeg.146625a8b463af85bfcc985e525146c0.jpeg

Holtby switched to a Bauer chest and some point in time. Appears to be a hyperlite with pro series arms

Colors would indicate that it is from last season in Vancouver. I'd say the yellowing on the arms means it got a good amount of use there.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, keeperton said:

The objection is that the artist didn't ask for permission from the designer to use the design on the mask. The mask design was lifted almost exactly from a mock-up GoalieCustomizer (on Instagram) made.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUQL3SzAmiJ/

Ah, ok.  I missed the rip-off angle on all this.  I was thinking just aesthetically. 

Thanks for clarifying.

56 minutes ago, seagoal said:

R

And Brossoit with one of the most unusual, unique get-ups ever.  I love it

1591772235_Screenshot_20210929-111949_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d0c5a68b966298ca2d636ac99cec11cd.jpg

Screenshot_20210929-112231_Samsung Internet.jpg

WTF is up with Broissoit?  Is that Blue on the blocker and trapper??  The grey does not match, the gold is different on the pads, stick and jersey...  just effing horrible!!!  Cool concept if they could have colour matched