Your Online Handle

Wonder35

I have always been curious about how people choose their online name. Take mine, for example, Wonder35. In the 80's I was tending goal for a Toronto based Air Traffic Control Tournament Team. Following a particularly rough outing on my part one of my "Buddies" stood up in the dressing room and exclaimed "You played goal like Stevie Wonder."

My name is Steve. We all had a good laugh out of this. The following season we sported a set of new jerseys. My usual #35 was on the back but my name was now changed to "Wonder".

Hence I became Wonder 35.

Any deep dark secrets on this topic that you wish to share?

Edited by Wonder35
  • Like 3

First initial = A

Last name ends in G 

Young + Goalie = YounGoalie

Born on April 13

A.YOUNGoalie13

Deep dark secrets? Just that 13 is an unlucky number for all but those who select it as their favorite… You’re all screwed I’m on demon time now!!!!

Edited by A.YOUNGoalie13
  • Like 1

Loki was a nickname I got in the AF because of the practical jokes I did all the time. The "14" part was my number, after I got 14 stitches playing pond hockey and had been my number ever since. "16" was from my junior year because a senior had 14 so he got it first and I had to pick something else.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Simply a guy who likes cars. Which reminds me, rust plus exhaust leak creating vibrations leads to broken cat flanges

F4B6CEFD-216A-45EB-84DB-95BBD545966C.thumb.jpeg.75eb6b963e9033d6d56d00f7ec9293f5.jpeg

When you told us your parents bought you new gear once (for Christmas??) and I referred to them as ThoseCarParents, I won that day.  Total winner, I was :)

My name was obviously based on Seattle and a play on seagull, gull/goal(ie).  I started in on GSBB back in the day.

I like it.

Edited by seagoal
  • Haha 1

MTH=Matt the Hammer

My buddy growing up called himself 'Jimmy the Snake'. Rip off from Jake the Snake Roberts...

Jake Roberts Talks Giving Back To Wrestling, Upcoming Books

We were playing the game Rygar on Nintendo one day and I smoked Jimmy's record.

Rygar NES Nintendo Game

So our buddies said that I was the hammer that killed the snake.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MTH said:

MTH=Matt the Hammer

My buddy growing up called himself 'Jimmy the Snake'. Rip off from Jake the Snake Roberts...

Jake Roberts Talks Giving Back To Wrestling, Upcoming Books

We were playing the game Rygar on Nintendo one day and I smoked Jimmy's record.

Rygar NES Nintendo Game

So our buddies said that I was the hammer that killed the snake.

Google translator translates your nickname as Month - MonTH

Edited by ser33
  • Like 1