2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

1 hour ago, Moose75 said:

I always had a soft spot for Dan Blackburn's set ups. This dude was 18 and 19 (!!!) when he was in the NHL playing behind not-so-good Rangers teams. In a parallel dimension somewhere he never got injured, one can only imagine the success he might have had.

71Ff1EN-WmL._SY450_.jpg

season-player-dan-blackburn-of-the-new-y

Wish they'd bring back the Statue of Liberty head as a logo. Screw tradition.

You may get your wish — Rangers are inked in for a new third jersey next season. There are a lot of ways Adidas could go with it (Winter Classic, some other heritage-based jersey, something entirely new), but a lot of people have been vocal about wanting a return of the Lady Liberty jerseys, and some "jersey experts" feel there's a very good chance that will be the case. As much as I loath the Rangers (especially during those early Lady Liberty days, when they still would still whoop the Devils à la 1997), they were one of the best third jerseys the league ever rolled out.

Blackburn did have good sets. The silver was a nice touch when they wore the Lady Liberty jerseys, though Blackburn and Weekes always rocked silver in their gear after the Rangers stopped wearing their thirds, and it always looked off for me. Silver (or grey) doesn't always work as an "extra" color when the jerseys don't have it... Cujo pulled it off nicely circa 2001, but I don't usually like how it looks.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮

As a fan of your always well-considered and well-written posts, I cannot help but think there is - even in what is clearly a flippant post - some hidden significance, beyond what is apparent on the surface.

It is for this reason that I must ask you: why 37 "trash" pictograms?

14 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

As a fan of your always well-considered and well-written posts, I cannot help but think there is - even in what is clearly a flippant post - some hidden significance, beyond what is apparent on the surface.

It is for this reason that I must ask you: why 37 "trash" pictograms?

Thanks Lucky — I do appreciate the complimentary words, and you are onto something! I've become fascinated with numerology in the past year or so, and have found great joy in prescribing meaning to numbers. In this case, 37 is representative of several things. I don't want to identify everything on the nose (enigma is an important facet of numerology), but the number is a commentary on Adidas' corporate greed, the history of the Tampa Bay Lightning, and Vasilevsky's Russian lineage. A glimpse at the Pantone color scale may also put you on the right track...

Either that, or I just wanted them to fit all on one line in my original post... I certainly have some OCD-like tendencies 😉

Edit: To get back to the subject, my emoji commentary is just for the jerseys, which I can't help but see as lazy and extremely boring to look at. I don't have a problem with the black base, but that thing needs some color other than charcoal grey. It'd be a great "practice look", but as a game jersey I just find it extremely underwhelming. Vasilevsky looks sweet, all things considered.

7 hours ago, Hockeytown0001 said:

Dy2J9_6VAAAU1yP.jpg:large

Pads & Gloves: hey, alright! These should be absolutely definitive proof that Bauer has sorted out the saturation issues with printing.

Bucket: The same, but just...B&W. I thought it was a busy mess to begin with, and, still is.

Jerseys: The Hardest ooooooooof. Sure, build off the surprisingly good Team NA from a few years back, but like...have an accent colour. Electric blue. Silver. I don't care. They looked like practice jerseys, and the numbers were impossible to read watching the game on a screen.

1 minute ago, Murray said:

Pads & Gloves: hey, alright! These should be absolutely definitive proof that Bauer has sorted out the saturation issues with printing.

Bucket: The same, but just...B&W. I thought it was a busy mess to begin with, and, still is.

Jerseys: The Hardest ooooooooof. Sure, build off the surprisingly good Team NA from a few years back, but like...have an accent colour. Electric blue. Silver. I don't care. They looked like practice jerseys, and the numbers were impossible to read watching the game on a screen.

For sure, some contrast/additional color is much needed. The only other thing Vasy did wrong was the stick. Should've been carbon or black with black tape.

10 hours ago, Hockeytown0001 said:

Dy2J9_6VAAAU1yP.jpg:large

Sorry, but I have to let the elephant out of this room! With the screened graphics and subtle vertical roll (I know it's probably no longer necessary) my first thought is he forgot his gear and someone stole their kid's street hockey pads for him.

2 hours ago, stackem30 said:

Thanks Lucky — I do appreciate the complimentary words, and you are onto something! I've become fascinated with numerology in the past year or so, and have found great joy in prescribing meaning to numbers. In this case, 37 is representative of several things. I don't want to identify everything on the nose (enigma is an important facet of numerology), but the number is a commentary on Adidas' corporate greed, the history of the Tampa Bay Lightning, and Vasilevsky's Russian lineage. A glimpse at the Pantone color scale may also put you on the right track...

Either that, or I just wanted them to fit all on one line in my original post... I certainly have some OCD-like tendencies 😉

Edit: To get back to the subject, my emoji commentary is just for the jerseys, which I can't help but see as lazy and extremely boring to look at. I don't have a problem with the black base, but that thing needs some color other than charcoal grey. It'd be a great "practice look", but as a game jersey I just find it extremely underwhelming. Vasilevsky looks sweet, all things considered.

Absolute great response and opinion.

Call me odd, but the Lightning uniforms - I like.

They're totally different than any other all black versions other teams did that still had their main color in them. These are void of any blue. Something bold. Now we'll see how many other teams do the same and it's beyond lame. But right now, first team to do it, I think it's quite unique.

50 minutes ago, Colander said:

Sorry, but I have to let the elephant out of this room! With the screened graphics and subtle vertical roll (I know it's probably no longer necessary) my first thought is he forgot his gear and someone stole their kid's street hockey pads for him.

Ding Ding. Winner.

Bauer stuff looks like cardboard or plastic toys to me, too.

Oilers goalies should take notes from the Islanders on how to rock a color scheme... two of the brightest complimentary colors in the entire color spectrum, and the Oilers goalies have the worst gear-tandem in the league. 

I know Lehner's been rocking the Tim Thomas Greyscale®️look for a while now, but that mask is begging for some color... c'mon dude, complete the look!

10 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Oilers goalies should take notes from the Islanders on how to rock a color scheme... two of the brightest complimentary colors in the entire color spectrum, and the Oilers goalies have the worst gear-tandem in the league. 

I know Lehner's been rocking the Tim Thomas Greyscale®️look for a while now, but that mask is begging for some color... c'mon dude, complete the look!

They should be more worried about stopping the puck!

1 hour ago, raucebyalien said:

Lehners new gear - big fan of these...

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 19.24.11.png

Love these 

13 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

They dont need to look at the Islanders goalies (although they should, Lehner and Greiss' gear is looking pretty sick) Their past selves had pretty good style 

Lehner got a new mask painted by DaveArt that is Blue and Orang but hasnt used it  yet. He used it in a game vs the Stars coming in relief for Greiss but that was the extent of it.

David+Toews+Mikko+Koskinen+New+York+Islanders+1521Nwpln5zl.jpg

talbot-action-shot.jpg

image.jpg

985493452_ScreenShot2019-02-08at19_24_11.png.69bddfeaa3fc34d508259f55b305b552.png

15b649c61d3b5c70cc5bbe412ef5d0a7.jpg

8 hours ago, MTH said:

Something bold. Now we'll see how many other teams do the same and it's beyond lame. But right now, first team to do it, I think it's quite unique.

After this lockout, NHL will feature jerseys like this on a specific day of the week in a total rip off of NFL Color Rush. First teams to feature them will be the Flyers, Hawks, Bruins, Rangers, Capitals, and Penguins. You heard it hear first.

3 hours ago, Max27 said:

Their past selves had pretty good style 

talbot-action-shot.jpg

This is the style of a men's leaguer who hasn't purchased a new helmet or new gear in almost ten years.

5 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

After this lockout, NHL will feature jerseys like this on a specific day of the week in a total rip off of NFL Color Rush. First teams to feature them will be the Flyers, Hawks, Bruins, Rangers, Capitals, and Penguins. You heard it hear first.

This is the style of a men's leaguer who hasn't purchased a new helmet or new gear in almost ten years.

My Bauer one75s and I resent that. Oh and my olie ma2000 does too lol

Archived