2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Vaughn:

"oh my f'n God. Now look at these pads they've created. How in the hell am I going to compete with these??"

(Gets seam ripper.  B? gone. Opens window.)

"Out you go"

(Sews VAUGHN on.)

"Now, that's better.  His GAA and Save % will now improve and the kids are gonna love it."

97EDFA8F-AE5F-4F03-BD8B-12A63EA10696.thumb.jpeg.6008c6f310e9cd4add888dd1ba6d3853.jpeg

15 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Crescent Moons? Or googly eyes? Eiether way... @ULTIMA this is an example of a set of pads that are neither clean or sick or filthy... just an abomination. 

image.png.ff73937230c5ae50ee2308fba33a9737.png

I loved the side by side comparison of these Vaughn's against Raanta's Brians set.

You can tell one is way more adept at making custom gear than the other.

On 10/2/2018 at 1:31 PM, Moose75 said:

True, but that could be said about a lot of NHL goalies, too. It's probably the normal specs we use. Looks like a CCM. 

This looks much more correctly proportioned.

leonardo-genoni-during-a-national-league

Or this:

goalie-leonardo-genoni-looks-on-during-t

Even his mask looks oversized loll

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Don't worry, @bunnyman666 will surely let us know about how bad Vaughn is

I mean, I'm no Vaughn fan...I feel like I'm a real outlier for the fact that I just can't stand the 5500 gloves...

But, I'd feel genuine shame If I presented these to a professional client. They have to know that this isn't their best work.

5 minutes ago, Murray said:

I mean, I'm no Vaughn fan...I feel like I'm a real outlier for the fact that I just can't stand the 5500 gloves...

But, I'd feel genuine shame If I presented these to a professional client. They have to know that this isn't their best work.

They're probably super rushed. I mean, Doobie is on week 17? now for his gloves.

19 hours ago, seagoal said:

Mike Vaughn:

"oh my f'n God. Now look at these pads they've created. How in the hell am I going to compete with these??"

(Gets seam ripper.  B? gone. Opens window.)

"Out you go"

(Sews VAUGHN on.)

"Now, that's better.  His GAA and Save % will now improve and the kids are gonna love it."

97EDFA8F-AE5F-4F03-BD8B-12A63EA10696.thumb.jpeg.6008c6f310e9cd4add888dd1ba6d3853.jpeg

Why is the "Vaughn" name upside down on the catcher cuff? And what are the dents under the black material, especially by the outer roll and crescent moons.

Whoops, the dents run all the way down the face of the pad.  WTF????????????????

And hilarious Seagoal.  

1 hour ago, Murray said:

I'm genuinely surprised at the lack of people commenting on how Kuemper's Kachina Vaughns look like a gross pad wrap job. Like...they're bad. Not good.

I think there may be more to this than just pad wrap.  Look at Cody Porter's recent set with the sock graphic, and another recent one with the faux knee rolls (Liam Hughes I think?).  Both of those sets have a layer over top of the pad face with indents where the lacing is, and those 2 designs don't really make sense to just be a pad wrap on the front of the pad.  I could see the sock stripes being a pad wrap across a dark based pad, but why wrap the whole face?

Does the SLR 2 have some sort of Bauer-esque outer skin?  Or are they just some custom graphic skin that Vaughn is using?  I could see the Keumper set being a full face wrap, but why the others too?

1 minute ago, Mroy31 said:

I think there may be more to this than just pad wrap.  Look at Cody Porter's recent set with the sock graphic, and another recent one with the faux knee rolls (Liam Hughes I think?).  Both of those sets have a layer over top of the pad face with indents where the lacing is, and those 2 designs don't really make sense to just be a pad wrap on the front of the pad.  I could see the sock stripes being a pad wrap across a dark based pad, but why wrap the whole face?

Does the SLR 2 have some sort of Bauer-esque outer skin?  Or are they just some custom graphic skin that Vaughn is using?  I could see the Keumper set being a full face wrap, but why the others too?

I think they probably applied embroidery/graphic embellishments to pieces of black jenpro, and then actually just glued them on to the face of a set of Ventus pads. The uneven wrinkles, and the noticeably rough edge on the black material butting up against the outer roll on the left pad (Kuemper's left, right pad in the picture) seem to indicate this. So, not really a custom pad, but some custom material pasted on.

Gross.

Just now, Murray said:

I think they probably applied embroidery/graphic embellishments to pieces of black jenpro, and then actually just glued them on to the face of a set of Ventus pads. The uneven wrinkles, and the noticeably rough edge on the black material butting up against the outer roll on the left pad (Kuemper's left, right pad in the picture) seem to indicate this. So, not really a custom pad, but some custom material pasted on.

Gross.

Yeah, looking back at some other old SLR's, they didn't even have lacing on the pad face, so it would be pretty odd to just start gluing something over top of that, when you already had a flat faced pad to work with.

Archived