2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

2 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

Yeah, looking back at some other old SLR's, they didn't even have lacing on the pad face, so it would be pretty odd to just start gluing something over top of that, when you already had a flat faced pad to work with.

Yeah...it's like that cheap vinyl/plastic brick shingle shit people put on the side of their houses. From a distance...yeah, sure. But up close and after some wear & tear? Ooooooof.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Murray said:

Yeah...it's like that cheap vinyl/plastic brick shingle shit people put on the side of their houses. From a distance...yeah, sure. But up close and after some wear & tear? Ooooooof.

The lacing under whatever that facing is also lines up with the new PVE pads, so throw my SLR 2 comment out the window too.

1 hour ago, Mroy31 said:

The lacing under whatever that facing is also lines up with the new PVE pads, so throw my SLR 2 comment out the window too.

Pro's have SLR 2s dressed as other things right now. The strapping is a minor tweak and is most like Matt Murray's 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Pro's have SLR 2s dressed as other things right now. The strapping is a minor tweak and is most like Matt Murray's 

Are the ones with lace indents visible under the graphic PVE or similar though? Or could those also be SLR 2?

4 minutes ago, icedog57 said:

when I first saw it I questioned the shade of red, but actually, it's pretty close...

Anyone know who painted it? Who does Mike Smith usually use?

Untitled-1.jpg

Look at Vernon's flow coming out the back of that bucket!  Betcha he got a shutty in this game, making lots of saves with his pillows and twig.  That mask deserves a huge celly, would love to see some action shots of it in praccy.

@SaveByRichter35

4 hours ago, icedog57 said:

I don't think anyone has posted this yet (I'm sorry if it has been.

Mike Vernon tribute

IMG_1416.jpeg

This mask is GREAT. Utterly fantastic. It's by David D'arrigo, who has been Smith's mask painter for some time, and has painted masks for Carey Price and Brian Elliot, too, amongst others. I usually don't really like his work, but this... hats off, pal. Well done.

1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

While we’re on the topic of masks... WTF is that cutout?? 

71A3A4E2-83CF-4960-8331-F3C51AFE3BFD.jpeg

Y'know what? I like the top cut. I just wish that it didn't have the usual DaveArt Wet Fart crap all over it...Simplified, this would be pretty ok, and is a bit jarring to look at. I bet shooters spend the extra fraction of a second looking at this to determine basic head-shape.

One thing to add - like Price's mask, there is NO REASON at all that Dave couldn't reverse the Wings logo on that one side. Unless there are copyright issues - Detroit is notoriously controlling over their brand.

18 hours ago, icedog57 said:

when I first saw it I questioned the shade of red, but actually, it's pretty close...

they just forgot the black cage clip...:D Now I'm being picky

Anyone know who painted it? Who does Mike Smith usually use?

What's under the Cooper logo on the chin?

Also, the correct red shade on the decal around the Flames name was perfectly done.

Sad this will only see the ice here and there.

Archived