Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

On 11/14/2017 at 12:20 AM, Moose75 said:

New: Bauer 960XPM

Old: Itech 961. I had it refurbished in 2012 by Ray at New Image, but I figured it was wise to buy a more up-to-date mask than go for a second refurbishing. It's 11 years old, and I've had it since midgets. Gonna be weird breaking in a new one.

Selling the old one? 

On 11/14/2017 at 12:20 AM, Moose75 said:

New: Bauer 960XPM

Old: Itech 961. I had it refurbished in 2012 by Ray at New Image, but I figured it was wise to buy a more up-to-date mask than go for a second refurbishing. It's 11 years old, and I've had it since midgets. Gonna be weird breaking in a new one.

Oooooh man... you think that's old, my primary mask is a 20+ year old 961.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@beansbats - you're lucky! I'm pretty sure the made in Canada route is disappearing soon. Bauer and JRZ parted ways. My 1S gear is made in Canada too

Can you share if your glove has the JRZ tags or not too? 

None of the gear has JRZ tags. But I would like to know a source that JRZ and Bauer parted ways. I figured the JRZ was removed since they don't want to advertise they are no longer in Canada, but someone is making Pro return gear for them and picking up on custom orders that overseas seemingly can't keep up with.

Both of my newish 1X gloves are Canadian made, pads are not.

On 11/11/2017 at 2:17 PM, Imperative said:

How are you liking the VH skates? I would love to pick up the two piece cowlingless 

They're fantastic. If you have the money i would definitely go for it. I came from a heavy Graf so the difference was massive for me.

Much lighter and quicker on my side to side and recovery.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2017 at 9:45 AM, Hills said:

None of the gear has JRZ tags. But I would like to know a source that JRZ and Bauer parted ways. I figured the JRZ was removed since they don't want to advertise they are no longer in Canada, but someone is making Pro return gear for them and picking up on custom orders that overseas seemingly can't keep up with.

Since when is JRZ no longer in Canada ? Company still has a large production factory in Quebec.

1 hour ago, Snowman30 said:

Since when is JRZ no longer in Canada ? Company still has a large production factory in Quebec.

That's not what I was getting at. All of Bauer's Pro level pads and gloves were made in Canada at JRZ ending at the Reactor 9000 days. Bauer doesn't officially offer made in Canada goalie gear any more. But their Canadian factory has been helping with the backlog of gear that the overseas one can't keep up with. Before Bauer advertised on the pad "made by JRZ", they no longer do which led me to ask about the JRZ tag.

"No longer in Canada" was talking about the pads themselves and not JRZ. That is awful English and I'm not sure if my phone had something to do with that or not... But I find the autocorrect for forums extremely bad on mobile.

On 11/15/2017 at 8:45 AM, Hills said:

My 1S gear has JRZ tags too. They’re as described above 

Via a contact at Bauer, 1S gear was dual sourced. I did not get a clear explanation of what dictated what was produced in CA and then off shore. 

All 1X gear is being made in a new factory off shore and all new models will be too.

@djtendy noticed that for custom orders that unique colored Bauer logos on the 1S line tended to come from Canada, like a baby blue 

• Like 1

@TheGoalNet My gear is currently in town and I am away from it.  However I looked up online and found it on the Under Armour web site.  Unfortunately, it looks like they are no longer making them.

Under Armour Gameday Padded Goalie Long Sleeve Shirt

I also ordered one of these to try but won't get it until the new year.

Shock Skin Hockey Impact Goalie Shirt

Edited by Ken35

On 11/9/2017 at 2:57 PM, ULTIMA said:

Anything to compare your gear to @Chester ? Like, what have you tried on in the past that you think it's comparable to?

Ive worn Cooper, Vaughn, Koho, Eagle, TPS, Smith, CSS, Lightspeed, Itech, Passau, McKenney, Battram, Boddam, RBK, Brians and some ive forgotten....... wow, a lot of manufacturers.

To me, they feel like a mixture. Stiff, but not super stiff like Reebok, with softer internal leg channel and landing block. Not super thin like Bauer is getting. 

On 18/11/2017 at 2:07 PM, TheGoalNet said:

My 1S gear has JRZ tags too. They’re as described above 

A local store has 1X gloves that are made in Canada, the blocker has the JRZ manufactured date on it but the catcher doesn't.

I wonder if that means Bauer won't have a factory in Canada or Pro orders.

3 minutes ago, Hills said:

A local store has 1X gloves that are made in Canada, the blocker has the JRZ manufactured date on it but the catcher doesn't.

I wonder if that means Bauer won't have a factory in Canada or Pro orders.

I spoke to a contact at Bauer on this. It's been awhile though and the answers were a bit vague... 

I think everything is off shore moving forward. 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I spoke to a contact at Bauer on this. It's been awhile though and the answers were a bit vague... 

I think everything is off shore moving forward. 

Even nhler pads? 

I knew that was the goal for retail 1S from the start, but I'm surprised they are going that route for Pro, the quicker shipping turnaround for a set of gear from Quebec to NY is much quicker than Thailand to NY.