Attainable Dream Car

cwarnar

My lease is up soon on my 2017 Ford Explorer XLT so I've been contemplating my next move vehicle wise.  I also am a huge fan of Jakub and Yuri aka The Straight Pipes and they've been doing a series of videos on their attainable dream cars.

Do you have one???  Are you driving it or are you planning to purchase one soon?

I'm in the wonderful debate of whether to lease another brand new vehicle (Kia Stinger GT Limited has quickly risen to the top of my list) or go with something more used that I've always wanted...

My top 3 attainable dream cars are:

Image result for golf gti black

Related image

Image result for cadillac escalade blacked out 2013

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mike24 said:

2002 Collector Edition Trans Am Ws6 

wanted to buy one of these in 2002 but I was young and couldn’t afford it. All these years later the fire still burns.  

8BB9A95B-0E44-4EA7-9639-B9361CDD5EAD.png

That was a great body style change for the Camaro and Trans Am.  

I my unattainable dream car would be a Bumblebee Camaro....

Image result for bumblebee camaro transformers 5

Just got mine recently 😊 

This is my second Saab, I've been wanting a wagon in the Aero trim (suspension/exterior upgraded and 2.8t vs the base 2.0t). Turns out the previous owner also did a basic tune and added Brembo brakes. I'm putting different wheels on in the next week or so and coilovers and a few small exterior mods sometime in the near future. 

I might have to start driving a lot more for work, so that might necessitate a newer car. I'm pretty happy with this as my daily driver for the time being though.

IMG_20190905_193328426.jpg

3 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

Just got mine recently 😊 

This is my second Saab, I've been wanting a wagon in the Aero trim (suspension/exterior upgraded and 2.8t vs the base 2.0t). Turns out the previous owner also did a basic tune and added Brembo brakes. I'm putting different wheels on in the next week or so and coilovers and a few small exterior mods sometime in the near future. 

I might have to start driving a lot more for work, so that might necessitate a newer car. I'm pretty happy with this as my daily driver for the time being though.

IMG_20190905_193328426.jpg

Diamond in the rough.  I remember this from the other vehicle thread on here.  I love sport wagons and in my new vehicle research I was looking at the Volvo V60 R Design.  That's why I like the GTI as well, but its almost too small for a daily with 2 bigger kids.

3rd generation Mazda RX-7.

Going to buy one after I get commissioned as a Marine Corps Officer and complete flight school and all that fun stuff. Then because they'll give me money to spend on housing, I can just sit around and buy car parts and look at my vehicle. (when I'm not stuck in the middle of the ocean doing who knows what) 

Cool thread idea. I got my dream car 8 years ago. A C6 Z06. I've always liked Vette's, my favorite uncle always had one, and this is my second. As much as I like it though, my Jeep LJ is far more useful. It works great for offroading, camping, light duty projects, pet hauling and cruising around. If I had to let one go, I think it would be the Vette.

Side note: Subaru Crosstrek's are awesome! Great in the snow, light trails, and easy on fuel. We had one for 4 years, but since we used it for our longer road trips, wife wanted a little more space and power, so we traded it in on a 3.6 Outback, which I also really like.

IMG_20190927_213111.jpg

IMG_20190921_102317.jpg

19 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

Subaru Crosstrek.

large-image.jpg

For me, it's the perfect size. Hatchback, more than powerful enough for what I need, I can get paddle shifters with a CVT, great ground clearance. And Subaru's are absolute troopers. Everything I want in a car, and nothing I don't.

That is my current car, same color too :)

I'm really intrigued by the new plug-in hybrid they put out this year in the unique blue

image.png.d79c04ffe4efaa524c874a2ff4edf1a7.png

I also really like this one because it matches my hockey gear :)

image.thumb.png.139e9500b822f452d341cc677af12538.png

21 hours ago, Mike24 said:

2002 Collector Edition Trans Am Ws6 

wanted to buy one of these in 2002 but I was young and couldn’t afford it. All these years later the fire still burns.  

8BB9A95B-0E44-4EA7-9639-B9361CDD5EAD.png

I had an '00 Z28.  Had it for 17 years with few problems.  Had long tube headers and a catback - beautiful sound.  Looking to get a '20 SS 1LE in the spring (crossing fingers).

As for attainable dream car......probably something I built myself.  My 05 Legacy GT wagon is my current daily/project car.  Hoping to make it a nice little sleeper over the next few years.  I guess a Vette or Viper would be nice, but still need something to seat 4.  Already have a WRX and pretty tired of it.

Not really my dreeeeam car, but I really want one of these.

Chev SS which is discontinued for 2020, and never was available in Canada.  Would surprise the hell out of so many people, admittedly an ordinary looking car although I do like the lines and look.  The surprise is under the hood.. 415hp 6.2L V8.  

Blue SS.jpg

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

That is my current car, same color too :)

I'm really intrigued by the new plug-in hybrid they put out this year in the unique blue

image.png.d79c04ffe4efaa524c874a2ff4edf1a7.png

I also really like this one because it matches my hockey gear :)

image.thumb.png.139e9500b822f452d341cc677af12538.png

If it came in a really dark, almost black purple, that'd be perfect.

5 hours ago, Korppi32 said:

Right now I have Volvo V60 2014, I hope the next one gonna be new V60 T8 hybrid

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQCSI7-yF7ljqI_ABY-BN

How do you like it?  I figure a Scandinavian wagon is perfect for Canadian Winters, gear hauling and a family 

2 hours ago, Urabus33 said:

You in NJ? I'm selling your first dream car haha

I wish.  Canada... 

11 hours ago, cwarnar said:

How do you like it?  I figure a Scandinavian wagon is perfect for Canadian Winters, gear hauling and a family 

I have owned this one without problems little bit over two years. I live in Finland so weather is similar to Canada. Trunk is not massive like in Volvo V70 but big enough for my goalie gear.

8 hours ago, TresPasser said:

Thanks to Finnish tax system, Skoda Octavia RS '13 is the best I can afford at the moment but at least it is a huge improvement to my previous '89 Mercedes-Benz. 😁 I hope the next car will be Skoda Superb Sportline, Ford Focus ST or VW Golf R.

Skoda.jpeg

I'd take views like that all day over higher performing vehicle (and I LOVE performance.) 

I'm in a 2015 Forester XT now.. modified suspension so I could actually take a turn with out feeling like I'm in a boat... but would love to get back into a sedan at some point. I've had like 5 Subarus to date and don't get me wrong the Forester does anything I could ever ask it to... hauls gear... kids... AWD... and has a more pep than the standard engine... but there is no replacement for displacement.

image.thumb.png.40060433818ceb9759079c10fe297bc1.png

Consequently something along the lines of a gently used RS7/S7/RS5. AWD... hatch opening trunk... and some extra horses under the bonnet for kicks...

Or if money was no object... E63 S wagon... maybe even throw one over to Brabus for them to work their magic. Nothing like lighting up all 4 tires after dropping the kids off at school...

Image result for brabus 3 e63 wagon

Archived