Warrior G5

cwarnar

10 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

my only real issue is that one of my pads was having an issue of not rotating fully back once going down and up. I’m not sure if strapping will really make this a problem it might be the ARS toe strap. I was wearing the boot strap along the back Lundy style and the from bungee through the front hole of my cowling on my CCM U+ skates. If this continues I might throw on my pro laces and see if this helps. 

Try eliminating the heel strap.  My pads rotated beautifully once I loosened that up.  Eventually I got rid of it and haven't looked back.

15 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Try eliminating the heel strap.  My pads rotated beautifully once I loosened that up.  Eventually I got rid of it and haven't looked back.

12 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Thank you, I’ll give that a try. Makes sense since it’s pulling back with so much tension. 

It really is a big thing to try. Newer pads do a lot better with certain straps loose compared to the softer ones of days gone by.

3 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

How about the knee strap? I have it running down towards the other strap and not around the back of the knee. 

I put mine down to the calf. I like the way it keeps my knee so open and lets the pad drop down more to cover a bit of the huge 5 hole I have which has seemed to help me a bit closing it up. 

I still do not like the stick toe strap and need to figure out a better way to use pro laces. The toe strap is already starting to fray a bit but I have played 25-30 times in them. 

42 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

What is the point of the nylon knee strap/buckle? To just keep the Velcro attached? 

It's a limiter to how far the neoprene knee sling will be able to stretch. It serves a stronger purpose when going behind the knee over down to the calf, but still has it's use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's a limiter to how far the neoprene knee sling will be able to stretch. It serves a stronger purpose when going behind the knee over down to the calf, but still has it's use.

So in theory the tighter the nylon strap is the less range of motion your knee will have going back and forth on the landing stack? So if someone wants to not let the pad move at all forward or back and want their knee to stay closer to the pad they would tighten the strap? 

16 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

So in theory the tighter the nylon strap is the less range of motion your knee will have going back and forth on the landing stack? So if someone wants to not let the pad move at all forward or back and want their knee to stay closer to the pad they would tighten the strap? 

That's right, in theory. I can't touch on how it functions on the ice as I've strapped down to my calf since getting my GT1's.

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's right, in theory. I can't touch on how it functions on the ice as I've strapped down to my calf since getting my GT1's.

I just switched strapping behind my knee to strapping down to my calf with my G3s

I started running the bootstrap through my Lundy loop so that my knee would land more squarely on the stack, but found that my pad was now under-rotating. Strapping down to my calf (and loosening my toe straps a bit) solved the under-rotation issue.

28 minutes ago, CJ Boiss said:

I just switched strapping behind my knee to strapping down to my calf with my G3s

I started running the bootstrap through my Lundy loop so that my knee would land more squarely on the stack, but found that my pad was now under-rotating. Strapping down to my calf (and loosening my toe straps a bit) solved the under-rotation issue.

I think I had only a handful of issues with under/over rotating on my GT1's and that was more attributed to the small knee stack than anything. I haven't had a single issue with my GT2's and I wear the suckers pretty loose and without a boot strap.

Not sure how long you've had your G3's for, but have you tried removing the calf wrap from the calf wedge loop? This was suggested to me pretty early on when I had my GT1's and it make a HUGE difference in how well the leg pad moved with me. They've addressed this since the G4 and the adjustable calf wrap, but it's something I highly recommend for GT1 and earlier users

XRVP7A1.thumb.jpg.2a21efa1537e74da3936dda72391c7fd.jpg.69f9ec3b9dd005861150812a6e48e6c4.jpg

47 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I think I had only a handful of issues with under/over rotating on my GT1's and that was more attributed to the small knee stack than anything. I haven't had a single issue with my GT2's and I wear the suckers pretty loose and without a boot strap.

Not sure how long you've had your G3's for, but have you tried removing the calf wrap from the calf wedge loop? This was suggested to me pretty early on when I had my GT1's and it make a HUGE difference in how well the leg pad moved with me. They've addressed this since the G4 and the adjustable calf wrap, but it's something I highly recommend for GT1 and earlier users

XRVP7A1.thumb.jpg.2a21efa1537e74da3936dda72391c7fd.jpg.69f9ec3b9dd005861150812a6e48e6c4.jpg

My buddy completely removed that big neoprene flap and replaced it with bungees. He has it going under the velcro strip. But if it interferes, I will get the bungies out from underneath that strap. Can’t wait till there done.

14 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

How about the knee strap? I have it running down towards the other strap and not around the back of the knee. 

I run mine same way (“price style”) and this year ditched the boot strap completely. I kept mine on my G4’s at the loosest I could just in case my Pro Laces came undone but it wasn’t really doing much. 

5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

On my G4’s I took the nylon strap off. Haven’t bothered on my G5’s yet but I wear it super super loose. It’s mainly a carrying strap at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, benner33 said:

On my G4’s I took the nylon strap off. Haven’t bothered on my G5’s yet but I wear it super super loose. It’s mainly a carrying strap at the moment. 

That's mostly what mine end up doing too lol. I keep one of the knee buckles on one set of pads to connect them so it's easy to carry them around. 

5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yeah, I've always played with them like that

My set just arrived at Majer Hockey today

Pads: 35+1 extra stiff core, single external break

Glove: 75 degree break, single tee, black skate lace

Blocker: Stock

All black and primary logos black as well

IMG_4483.jpg

IMG_4481.jpg

Edited by Nakka30
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This is a dumb question but do you guys have any special methods for keeping your glove on? 

im still getting use to the warrior glove and it’s kicking my ass I had several pucks pop out, which I know is user error and crappy tracking. One shot though almost took the glove off of my hand, I tightened the wrist strap and it seemed to help but not sure if you guys tighten down all the strapping each game. 

probably just need to mess wi the strapping and catching. 

1 minute ago, Quadzilla32 said:

This is a dumb question but do you guys have any special methods for keeping your glove on? 

im still getting use to the warrior glove and it’s kicking my ass I had several pucks pop out, which I know is user error and crappy tracking. One shot though almost took the glove off of my hand, I tightened the wrist strap and it seemed to help but not sure if you guys tighten down all the strapping each game. 

probably just need to mess wi the strapping and catching. 

I tighten the strap running straight to my thumb, but kink it 90 degrees once it reaches my index finger, and finish the velcro off running up towards the pocket. Uses the maximum amount of velcro, and gets nice and tight right behind my knuckles. (I can share a pic if you want)

If your hand isn't thick enough for the velcro straps to get a nice snug fit, might need to use the leather thumb/pinky loops.

7 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

I tighten the strap running straight to my thumb, but kink it 90 degrees once it reaches my index finger, and finish the velcro off running up towards the pocket. Uses the maximum amount of velcro, and gets nice and tight right behind my knuckles. (I can share a pic if you want)

If your hand isn't thick enough for the velcro straps to get a nice snug fit, might need to use the leather thumb/pinky loops.

That would be great if you could. I think I got to just play around with the strapping to get it down. First glove I’ve had to mess with it, my other glove stayed on but it also was heavier and bigger. 

I've got fairly thick paws and haven't really had too many issues.   I keep the thumb-side velcro at about 90% tightness and really cinch down the pinky side strap.   I usually have to tighten it up a little bit after each period to get it where I want it.  I do use both thumb and pinky loops on the 60 degree break I'm in now.  In my GT2 I didn't use either one due to pain in my thumb when using them with the stock 75 degree break.