Best knee guards

Blomman32

So i'm interested in buying new knee guards because my old ones are starting to tear down. My old ones are Bauer Supreme s18 knee guards and haven't had any issues with them, i have liked them. I have heard good stuff about Bauer Vapor 1x and Warrior Rituals and i'm kind of interested in them. If you have any experience about them or any other model that are good i would like to hear your thoughts about wich are the best out there.

I have a pair of Brown pro's. They are a smaller profile with a curved thigh and hard foam/plastic combination. There is gel foam covered in jenpro in the landing area. I like the smaller profile in my knee block. Well made and a good alternative to PAW's. I like the looks of the Bauer's, however!

I wore the Koho 589 for about four years and ran them into the ground.

About 4 months ago, I managed to get a pair of factory mad knee pads that had been used 3 times and they are a little bit smaller.

I think if the knee area of your leg pads are large enough to accommodate either of them, you cannot go wrong granted you are okay with the feel of them.

As @bildeer points out, what you want will depend on the pads you use, meaning how open your knee cradle is and also if you use a traditional knee lock setup or do the down crossover version à la CCM.

If a smaller cradle, the Brown knee pads are great and very comfy. I have the Bauer 1X and the protection is great but they need enough room to accommodate. I'm currently using some out of production ReasonY knee pads.

Can't speak for CCM or Warrior or Vaughn or Brian's or the other Bauer model for that matter.

Another one for Bauer 1x knee pads, also CCM Pro's. I really liked the CCM Pros and didn't think anything would replace them,  the Lefevre design was really good. Then I picked up a set of 1x knee pads on Boxing day. Honestly I like the fit and feel of the 1x, very minimal and the fit is amazing. I used the garter belt with them and they never even budged one bit. I also picked up pair of the new Adaias socks to go over them, haven't used hockey socks in 20 years but I figure with the knee pads and new style of socks I would give them a go. I have had a good run on knee pads, the list is as follows,

- Brown 2100

- Bauer Supremes ( 1st run)

- Passau

- Brian's Pro

- CCM  Pro's

- Factory Mad 

I can vouch for only PAW since they are the only company I have used for knee pads, but they are awesome. I have had them for 5+ years now and they have held up well and been really protective. I currently have them laced into my pants and they stay in place and don't hinder movement. They are starting to show some wear, some fabric fraying and elastic straps are stretched out. These are things that can be easily fixed and not the manufactures fault. I would definitely look into them, plus they are more of a custom fit too.

Archived