2021 Playoffs

MTH

Good game last night. Canadiens beat the Knights in Game 6 OT to advance to finals.

Can Canada please let more fans in the stands? The country needs this. I as a tv watching bum needs it too. Pack the building. The American way.

Edited by MTH
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MTH said:

Good game last night. Canadiens beat the Knights in Game 6 OT to advance to finals.

Can Canada please let fans in the stands? The country needs this. I as a tv watching bum needs it too.

Meh - we’re more efficient in the use of our fans. As compared to, say… Vegas, of the 3,500 people at the Habs game, 3,498 were there for the explicit purpose of watching  hockey (the two others, Perry’s kid and Pricey’s kid were there because they were dragged by their parents…) 

Joking aside, I hope the same - and in the provincial jurisdiction sense of this, I don’t think Quebec can pretend the arbitrary 3500 limit is to be meaningfully upheld when conservative estimates of the outdoor crowd put it at more than double that number - which was only dispersed when the professional rioters got going. 

1 hour ago, MTH said:

Can Canada please let more fans in the stands? The country needs this. I as a tv watching bum needs it too. Pack the building. The American way.

It's hilarious to watch so few people inside the Bell Centre, and they the feed cuts to everyone celebrating outside and you see this:

4603784139_2f1d04f804_b.thumb.jpg.e270268b31a713d094a9ba24cadedea3.jpg

Streets are absolutely packed outside.

32ndRound.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Carey Price - best goalie in the league right now? Maybe… probably, even.

Carey Price - worst interview in the league right now? Definitely. (Although he might actually be the best interview, depending on how you look at it):

It's OK, the media got Danault walking into his interview with pizza for himself and Caufield.

5 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Carey Price - best goalie in the league right now? Maybe… probably, even.

Carey Price - worst interview in the league right now? Definitely. (Although he might actually be the best interview, depending on how you look at it):

image.png.8eb8858e993800661d13b38ef2c64d17.png

Fanbois unite

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

It's OK, the media got Danault walking into his interview with pizza for himself and Caufield.

The funniest part of it is that besides “leyz ghoa!”, I don’t think he understood anything Phil said - but still giggled like a schoolgirl after. Just great to see these guys in such a good place

For reference:

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

image.png.8eb8858e993800661d13b38ef2c64d17.png

Fanbois unite

Oh, I be a BIG Pricey fanboi - but I ain’t no Johnny/Jean-come-lately either; see jersey from 2009 pictured. When everyone was buying those Halak stop sign T-shirts, I bought a Price one (they were on sale - lol!) Carey Price is the man. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Lucky Pucker said:

Oh, I be a BIG Pricey fanboi - but I ain’t no Johnny/Jean-come-lately either; see jersey from 2009 pictured. When everyone was buying those Halak stop sign T-shirts, I bought a Price one (they were on sale - lol!) Carey Price is the man. 

image.jpg

I've got two jerseys as well, one Price and one Theodore from his Hart winning season.

I generally wear the Theodore one as I need to rep my Hipster status.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I've got two jerseys as well, one Price and one Theodore from his Hart winning season.

I generally wear the Theodore one as I need to rep my Hipster status.

My wife even has her old Koivu jersey - and I have my Gainey jersey from about 85/86 (old enough to like him, but not aware enough to realize he would soon retire). My petite daughter wears it for Habs games. The story on the red lettering is they ran out of blue, and my dad mistakenly assumed I’d be ok with the red. Among very few over the years, but that was a total #DadFail

image.jpg

image.jpg

9 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

My wife even has her old Koivu jersey - and I have my Gainey jersey from about 85/86 (old enough to like him, but not aware enough to realize he would soon retire). My petite daughter wears it for Habs games. The story on the red lettering is they ran out of blue, and my dad mistakenly assumed I’d be ok with the red. Among very few over the years, but that was a total #DadFail

image.jpg

image.jpg

That Gainey jersey is two years older than I am.

Vintage

• Haha 1

GO CANADIENS! would be nice to see Price get a cup.

i went to a game at Bell Center or Centre Bell in 2008. The Florida Panthers were in town. Halak vs Vokoun. Canadiens wore white that night and won 3-1. Montreal fans are very passionate .. they should allow them to fill that arena up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scythe said:

GO CANADIENS! would be nice to see Price get a cup.

i went to a game at Bell Center or Centre Bell in 2008. The Florida Panthers were in town. Halak vs Vokoun. Canadiens wore white that night and won 3-1. Montreal fans are very passionate .. they should allow them to fill that arena up.

A full Bell Centre in the Finals would be awesome.

On 6/25/2021 at 12:03 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

image.jpg

I've got a white jersey that I was lucky enough to get autographed by him in person.  One of my friends used to be one of those crazy autograph stalkers, and knew where/when teams would practice and stay at when they were in town.  We caught them at the LA practice facility back when Huet had just been traded.

My now wife (girlfriend at the time) got a puck signed by Kovalev and a picture with Mike Komisarek that day.  She was hoping to get either a pic or autograph with Koivu and Chris Higgins, but they escaped out the back door in a rental car. I got this thing signed, and it's hanging up in my garage next to an Avalanche Roy jersey that I bought.  I've been meaning to get both framed, and now that I'm remodeling my home office I will probably have it done in the next couple weeks.

A lot of guys have their vital stats inflated for the press books or whatever.   I've walked by Paul Kariya (5'10) and Teemu Selanne (6'0), and also met Koivu (5'10) and Guy Hebert (5'11) - I'm 5'11 and and these guys all had their heights inflated by 2-3".  On the other hand, Carey is a true 6'3 220lb man rocket.  My wife remarked on his huge posterior.  He wasn't too personable, but he wasn't rude either.  Basically think of how he is during media interviews, one word answers and that sarcastic type of humor.