The official 2021-2022 "Gear sitings" thread

Steph Lawa

On 10/5/2021 at 10:09 AM, seagoal said:

Wow.  That is news to me.  Never seen that before.  

Man, my aversion to that is is sharp.  Aside from just looks, not for a single second ever in my life playing hockey did I ever think anything like "I wish these laces on my skates didn't exist" or " I wish lacing up my skates was quicker or easier." So there is the practical side to this where I'm like....."but, why?  Since when are laces on skates a problem needing improvement?"

I was really slow to abandon thigh wraps, less slow but slow to adopt bungee toe ties, and sorta slow to abandon leather straps relative to a lot of goalies on here or even in the pros.  I'm a pretty stubborn, disagreeable person in general so my general response to changes and innovations is at first NO NO NO NO WHY WHY WHY.

Really? I've always had a disdain for how my skates are the slowest item to put on and the most inconsistent. Sometimes I do them too tight and my foot feels awful, sometimes I do them too loose and feel sloshy in the boot. I'd love to have one setting dialed in and done.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keeperton said:

Really? I've always had a disdain for how my skates are the slowest item to put on and the most inconsistent. Sometimes I do them too tight and my foot feels awful, sometimes I do them too loose and feel sloshy in the boot. I'd love to have one setting dialed in and done.

Try lacing up, unlacing, and re-lacing back up a second time going back and forth between feet.  I used to have that problem and this really works for me and I never have problems anymore.  It's kinda like a pre-bake each time you put them on.  Yes it takes even more time, but it's worth it for me.  Sounds ridiculous but it's worth a shot.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keeperton said:

3 hours ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Try lacing up, unlacing, and re-lacing back up a second time going back and forth between feet.  I used to have that problem and this really works for me and I never have problems anymore.  It's kinda like a pre-bake each time you put them on.  Yes it takes even more time, but it's worth it for me.  Sounds ridiculous but it's worth a shot.  

Easy problem to solve.  Lace up and tie the knot.  I get up and walk around the room a bit, sway to the sides, rock my foot, sit down, adjust if needed, then tie the double knot.

Going out to the ice with skates too loose or too tight sucks.

Walking around the room to check is good, easy QC work.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seagoal said:

Easy problem to solve.  Lace up and tie the knot.  I get up and walk around the room a bit, sway to the sides, rock my foot, sit down, adjust if needed, then tie the double knot.

You don't always have the time to do the hokey pokey dance :D 

Top 30 Hokey Cokey GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, alexis30 said:

Anyone know what pads Vasilevskiy is wearing? Most goalies are wearing the new unnamed Bauer model but looks like he is wearing an even different Bauer unreleased pad. 

Pretty sure he’s still rocking an ultrasonic set. Likely for the same reason he’s using Bauer pro skates and not the laceless ones. All eyes are on him for new Bauer stuff plus he’s the poster boy for vapor. I expect he’ll give the new supreme line a try sometime soon with a hyperlite graphic but considering he’s used tune fit for so long I’d be surprised if he moves to what appears to be a new system. 

4 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Wasn’t high on these at first, but seeing them with the home unis, Kuemper looks pretty sick. And who needs Mackinnon anyway? We got Kuemper to shut down Kane and Debrincat😃😁

C0F57B65-C031-4366-AA66-0BA636D4EF5A.jpeg

37FE337C-EB25-4DA2-9F66-90625825B73D.jpeg

Falling in love with this line more and more every day but the stock graphic isn’t my favorite. As someone who loved the premier 3 graphic I think I’d go for an 8800 graphic

18 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Interesting that these are coming so soon.

I could have sworn they said the current Pro/Elite/GSX were going be around for three years.

If I had to guess those will be the mainstream offering (Pro/Elite/GSX), which is the inference I get from the Bauer University training. 

The Konekt might be a bit more of a niche product that they may not expect to get a lot of uptake due to how "radically" different it is, so they don't necessarily want to rely on it as their flagship skate offering. 

2 hours ago, Kayen said:

If I had to guess those will be the mainstream offering (Pro/Elite/GSX), which is the inference I get from the Bauer University training. 

The Konekt might be a bit more of a niche product that they may not expect to get a lot of uptake due to how "radically" different it is, so they don't necessarily want to rely on it as their flagship skate offering. 

Hope they don't crack like Microns :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2021 at 12:35 AM, seagoal said:

You're adding time to a thing I complained about taking me the longest. :P

I find ways to get them comfortable, but I rather it be quick and easy, was my main point.

7 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

They’re just hyperlites

They're definitely Supremes given what the back of the leg looks like on his.

• Like 3