The official 2021-2022 "Gear sitings" thread

Steph Lawa

Sometime in the 2020-2021 season Brossiot switched from the stock Vapor style outer calf wrap and strapping to this modded version seen here.

So my question is is it an after market mod? It’s much different then anything Bauer has done including Vasi when he had his open leg channel. 

And for discussion sakes is there any (other) goalies using obviously /heavily modded equipment still? (I don’t mean variants of options from a drop-down menu).

Bob’s skates?

5832721E-821F-45C5-944A-CB0A9A3D180E.jpeg

Edited by RedX
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RedX said:

Sometime in the 2020-2021 season Brossiot switched from the stock Vapor style outer calf wrap and strapping to this modded version seen here.

So my question is is it an after market mod? It’s much different then anything Bauer has done including Vasi when he had his open leg channel. 

And for discussion sakes is there any (other) goalies using obviously /heavily modded equipment still? (I don’t mean variants of options from a drop-down menu).

Bob’s skates?

Now that I think about it that is a very similar calf wrap to hellebyuck

11 hours ago, RedX said:

Bob’s skates?

I have tried this strapping system on my Bauer 1S. but stopped it at the experimental stage without trying it on ice. know what they also do on Brians pads

jHbM9Lf4E9w.thumb.jpg.b0eee521970582a8f0afa8c7d9311999.jpg

I don't know man - his pad setup is pretty flawless (though admittedly the waffle is a huge miss for a 90's era setup)... 😆

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

His blocker ruins it but other than that I love it.  Even though I already did it 10 years ago lol

Oh Yeah Dig It GIF - Oh Yeah Dig It Macho Man - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by chile57
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I am not a hipster

Hmmmm… has beard, drinks craft beers exclusively, not overly impressed by anything contemporary while demonstrating obsessive devotion to some obscure slice of the somewhat-recent past…? AND rocks an iPhone…?

Sorry dude - you might actually be a hipster .

😁

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Hmmmm… has beard, drinks craft beers exclusively, not overly impressed by anything contemporary while demonstrating obsessive devotion to some obscure slice of the somewhat-recent past…? AND rocks an iPhone…?

😁

You shut your mouth

5 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

😁

200.gif.08b3ac45d3596de666c166072261a014.gif

Lucky with the slam dunk.

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Haha 1