Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CCSH

CCM EF4

Recommended Posts

Hard not to go with these after seeing the EF4 specs and going through some s**t with my Brian's...

EF4-190312-25_1552419740_pad.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

Hard not to go with these after seeing the EF4 specs and going through some s**t with my Brian's...

EF4-190312-25_1552419740_pad.png

whats wrong w ur brians? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

* What's wrong with your Brians?

Image1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Max27 said:

whats wrong w ur brians? 

Don't worry, I'm not going to grill you ;)

But anyways...the Brian's thing isn't something I'm going to post on a public forum until it is resolved. All I can say is it's a warranty issue. Still waiting to hear back from them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Don't worry, I'm not going to grill you ;)

But anyways...the Brian's thing isn't something I'm going to post on a public forum until it is resolved. All I can say is it's a warranty issue. Still waiting to hear back from them again.

ah ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2019 at 9:07 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Here’s some looks at the textured colors zones added to the pads. This is on all retail pads. It’s texture overlaid on the Jenpro or Speed Skin. 

8BBF6B3E-E074-4788-AF37-FDE2B6D4EA98.jpeg

B9394B1D-10D6-4E4B-971F-4C61068BFA5A.jpeg

01FD1301-9E82-43A8-A6F0-4955ABE42F8F.jpeg

Are those zones being forced on actual orders?  Limited some of the areas of purple I'd want in the customizer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Max27 said:

Image1.png

You know Max, he's trying to help you.   If you want to get the most out of your experience here you might want to invest the 3 extra seconds that it requires to spell and punctuate properly.   Personally, I skip over posts like yours and Shifty's.  If even 10% of the board does the same thing with ungrammatical,  improperly punctuated  or post where the poster can't be bothered to capitalize properly that's quite a bit of information you're missing out on.   As a suggestion, there is a Chrome add-on called Grammerly that will do all of this for you. 

Back on topic:  Probably the biggest part of the EF4 line that I'm excited to see are the new sticks.  Now that both Bauer and CCM are offering two separate lines of composites, plus the updated line from Warrior this is going to be a great year for composite sticks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

You know Max, he's trying to help you.   If you want to get the most out of your experience here you might want to invest the 3 extra seconds that it requires to spell and punctuate properly.   Personally, I skip over posts like yours and Shifty's.  If even 10% of the board does the same thing with ungrammatical,  improperly punctuated  or post where the poster can't be bothered to capitalize properly that's quite a bit of information you're missing out on.   As a suggestion, there is a Chrome add-on called Grammerly that will do all of this for you. 

Back on topic:  Probably the biggest part of the EF4 line that I'm excited to see are the new sticks.  Now that both Bauer and CCM are offering two separate lines of composites, plus the updated line from Warrior this is going to be a great year for composite sticks.

Like I give a shit haha lighten up buttercup, you need to get out more!

Edited by mr_shifty1982
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

You know Max, he's trying to help you.   If you want to get the most out of your experience here you might want to invest the 3 extra seconds that it requires to spell and punctuate properly.   Personally, I skip over posts like yours and Shifty's.  If even 10% of the board does the same thing with ungrammatical,  improperly punctuated  or post where the poster can't be bothered to capitalize properly that's quite a bit of information you're missing out on.   As a suggestion, there is a Chrome add-on called Grammerly that will do all of this for you. 

Back on topic:  Probably the biggest part of the EF4 line that I'm excited to see are the new sticks.  Now that both Bauer and CCM are offering two separate lines of composites, plus the updated line from Warrior this is going to be a great year for composite sticks.

You know i put the pic there as a joke right? Lol people know u and you mean the same thing, etc. its not a big deal at all 

Also, if you're gonna suggest Grammarly to me, at least spell it right 😂 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hockey3081 said:

Are those zones being forced on actual orders?  Limited some of the areas of purple I'd want in the customizer. 

i dont think so. Check out these-

I get theyre all white, i did that on purpose, wanted to highlight the areas where that new texure thing is on them 

Screenshot 2019-03-12 at 11.32.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-03-12 at 11.32.47 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

You'd have to do the RetroFlex version to get Camel... pretty sure they did the same thing on EF3.

Cant be true. I had a set of EF3 in almost all camel jenpro and brown speed-skin on landing area. Does the retroflex release the same time? IIRC its delayed a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hockey3081 said:

Are those zones being forced on actual orders?  Limited some of the areas of purple I'd want in the customizer. 

Pretty sure they are forced for retail. There's no option to remove them. I was hoping to go weave in those areas, but you can only go Speedskin or regular jenpro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Pretty sure they are forced for retail. There's no option to remove them. I was hoping to go weave in those areas, but you can only go Speedskin or regular jenpro.

Yeah, I got that impression too, although I didn't care enough to reach out to CCM and ask.  Max's pics are of Canadian made pro gear which doesn't tell us anything about what we'll be getting from the factory overseas.   I feel like the texture has the potential to make for some really cool textured effects when combined with Speedskin and smooth Clarino.  I just wish it were either optional or available in all colors as I didn't like some of the design choices I was forced into by the limited color palette.

10 hours ago, Max27 said:

You know i put the pic there as a joke right? Lol people know u and you mean the same thing, etc. its not a big deal at all 

Also, if you're gonna suggest Grammarly to me, at least spell it right 😂 

Fair point on the spelling, you got me.   While you may not think spelling correctly and capitalizing things are a big deal, others including myself do.   When you leave the impression that what you have to say isn't important enough for you to communicate it clearly then I decide it's not important enough for me to spend time reading.  This results in lost opportunities for both of us.  Not trying to lecture, nag, or be "get off my lawn" guy, just trying to open your eyes to how you're being perceived by others.

10 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Like I give a shit haha lighten up buttercup, you need to get out more!

Well sport, that makes 2 of us.  Feel better having gotten that off your chest? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I like coming into threads, starting arguments, and then leaving.

It fills me with a certain type of joy.

I’m not sure YOU were the one that actually started the fight here, just saying 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Not trying to lecture, nag, or be "get off my lawn" guy, just trying to open your eyes to how you're being perceived by others

look, who really cares how you’re being perceived when it’s based on their punctuation/grammar especially over the internet? like they care that much about it lol

Edited by southpawtendy48

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

look, who really cares how you’re being perceived when it’s based on their punctuation/grammar especially over the internet? like they care that much about it lol

Tell that to the person who reviews your next job application on-line (and in case you plan to rely on them, apps like spell checkers are far from perfect).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Pretty sure they are forced for retail. There's no option to remove them. I was hoping to go weave in those areas, but you can only go Speedskin or regular jenpro.

Yes, pretty sure this is what it is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Colander said:

Tell that to the person who reviews your next job application on-line (and in case you plan to rely on them, apps like spell checkers are far from perfect).

ok, that isn't what i meant at all, i meant on a social media platform like this, being policed by grammar nazis on social media is way outdated at this point :)

anyway, let's get back on topic w/ this thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Fair point on the spelling, you got me.   While you may not think spelling correctly and capitalizing things are a big deal, others including myself do.   When you leave the impression that what you have to say isn't important enough for you to communicate it clearly then I decide it's not important enough for me to spend time reading.  This results in lost opportunities for both of us.  Not trying to lecture, nag, or be "get off my lawn" guy, just trying to open your eyes to how you're being perceived by others.

Yeah true lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Max's pics are of Canadian made pro gear which doesn't tell us anything about what we'll be getting from the factory overseas. 

Correct me if im wrong, but arent the materials and build the same as used in the Lefevre factory as used in the overseas factories where the retail stuff is made?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Max27 said:

Correct me if im wrong, but arent the materials and build the same as used in the Lefevre factory as used in the overseas factories where the retail stuff is made?

There’s some subtle differences. Lefevre factory puts bolts on the toe bridge as standard, speekskin is limited to white, the nylon quick motion calf strap doesn’t have trim, etc etc 

the textured graphic is currently for retail only 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

  • Member Statistics

    956
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    pipskid
    Newest Member
    pipskid
    Joined
  • Similar Content

    • By bunnyman666
      Warning: this mod is NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. It is by NO MEANS a pro-looking mod, but will make your blocker look campaigned. This is a usability mod, NOT for looks. 
      Have you ever bought a blocker and had a hard time closing your hand around your stick? This rabbit has, and knows full and well that it won’t get any better.
      A big portion of blame goes to the poor design of the index finger design, but also to the thumb, as well. If I didn’t like the palm, I probably would have this done by a professional whilst getting it re-palmed. I like the simple Ivory Nash palm this blocker has. When this palm gets tired, I will ask to have the thumb re-worked and fix my handiwork on the index finger protection. Being of TWO ethnicities who pride themselves on saving money, I figure “why not use up this palm first? I can make the finger protection work well enough to grip a stick comfortably and still have redundant index finger protection; it’s not like people are going to zero in on the finger protection and besides- I saved a bit of money!”
      You will need a seam ripper, serrated edge knife, 50 grit sand paper, a curved leather needle, sharp scissors, a clothespin, and sail thread. Upcoming posts will show the steps.
    • By SuperSieve1
      Ordered pads and a blocker (pictured) a while ago now (still have a little over 3 weeks of waiting on the blocker and a month on pads😔). 
      I currently use a Larceny glove. The plan was to stick with it, but I am considering just buying a new glove to match my set.
      I havent been able to try on either VE8 glove or the SLR 2. 
      Can anyone tell me if any of those would be similar to my Larceny? Hoping to get somewhere to try them on soon.
      Also contemplating just pulling the trigger on a 5500.
      Thanks!


    • By Puckstopper
      Isn't it the other way around?  600=baseball closure aka 60 degree,  590=75 degree and 580= roughly 90 degree? 
×
×
  • Create New...