Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

41 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Unlike our Elitist friend @coopaloop1234... I'm still stuck in foam core and could really use the help to get out. So I think I could use it far more than he could... also... you and I have similar styles... check out my last Passau set. Would have gotten ghosted matte black on the logo if they still offered it... just sayin'... brother...

Hey now, I'm a cheap elitist.

I wouldn't have joined the composite world unless I had started unless there was a fire at the local shop and they were selling their gear cheap.

• Haha 2

On 4/5/2018 at 2:35 PM, thebigm said:

Maybe I should do a giveaway with my last one its taped up but never used!  :challengeaccepted:hmmmm.  I did cut it to be shorter but beggars can't be choosers!

what size paddle and curve?

On 4/5/2018 at 2:37 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Well, I do need a third CR1. So obviously I should be first in line.

Fuck off I have 0 and would like to try one.  :fyea:

36 minutes ago, thebigm said:

26” mrazek. 

My new ones are 26” Bishop and I will admit I like the Bishops more!

ordered these on Monday as well I went retro design a little more retro tan than my previous set. 

373A8B29-61BE-4307-B0CC-6B22B90BCDC9.jpeg

In comparing the 25” Mrazek and 25” Price... The Warrior is around .75 to .5 inches shorter 

Thought Warrior was pretty standard 

20 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

In comparing the 25” Mrazek and 25” Price... The Warrior is around .75 to .5 inches shorter 

Thought Warrior was pretty standard 

I thought so as well!  I found this to be a problem in their composite line.  As I was gonna try a 25" but I compared it to a 25.5" custom CCM stick I have at home and it was almost the same height!
Maybe @Kirk3190 can chime in on it.

FedEx delivered today... not going to be playing for a couple weeks so I'm going to take my time in cleaning up the mask etc... even considering a fresh coat of paint for the bucket...

In the words of Bishop Don Magic Juan... Green is for the money  & GOLD IS FOR THE HONEY!!!

5acba316d6dcf_WallDelivery(2018-04-09).thumb.jpg.7d3acdd138249304579e1a7b0068c232.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Custom Vaughn LT98. I’ll try to post some in-action photos of it. I’ve had it for 2 weeks now and it’s the best glove I’ve ever worn but still needs some breaking in.

B4C622D2-C4E7-49E6-8DF4-78F7D33D142F.jpeg

9879CD27-6BC9-4A98-87AD-9B85C8C0A68D.jpeg

38BB151E-92A8-4A63-82B2-4969F7589DB1.jpeg

@southpawtendy48 nice glove, can you comment on the glove break because I am thinking of getting the same one but I was wondering what it compares to. Does it feel like a CCM 590 break or more of a 5500 break?  

5 minutes ago, Avc03 said:

@southpawtendy48 nice glove, can you comment on the glove break because I am thinking of getting the same one but I was wondering what it compares to. Does it feel like a CCM 590 break or more of a 5500 break?  

It'll be more of a 5500 break. As far as I can remember, I'm fairly certain that the Ventus/SLR series glove molds are heavily based off of the 5500's.

7 hours ago, Avc03 said:

Thank you! I’ve never worn a 5500 but it’s definitely more of a full hand closure than a CCM 590. Very comfortable, I didn’t have to try to find where everything was inside the glove unlike most Vaughn gloves I’ve tried on. Also very good for stickhandling too, still grips onto the stick really well even if I can’t close it all the way yet. 

This is my YouTube overview of the current equipment I'm using as of April 2018.  If you have any questions or comments please share.  

Equipment Covered:

- Goalie Heaven Goalie Bag 44" x 20' x 20"

- Vaughn 1000 Velocity 6 Pro Goalie Pants

- Bauer Vapor X700 Goalie Skates

- Sportmask X8 Goalie Mask - Vinyl Decals by custom-cages.com

- Sweatbands by Sportmask and Nash

- Nike Pro Dryfit Pants

- CCM Proline Bamboo Series SR Socks

- Hockey Jersey's by BIGSTICK

- Dryfit Marvel Shirts by gymsuperheros.com

- McDavid Patella Knee Support

- Warrior Ritual X SR Knee Guards

- Water bottle Canadian Tire

- Kim Couch Senior Goalie Neck Guard

- Bauer S170 Senior Goalie Glove

- Bauer S170 Senior Blocker

- Warrior Ritual GT Senior Chest Protector

- Warrior Ritual G2 Pro Leg Pads with PadSkinz

Nice stuff! Goalie Heaven is a great store and the stuff the Arcadis build is always top notch.

How do you keep your warrior knee pads up? As in the top portion...I've worn them under compression pants AND socks but the top half still manages to slide down and bother me in my butterfly. 

Thanks for your comments Aquillz!  Great question. I wear my knees sleeves under my Nike dry fit then the Warrior knee pads on top. I then pull my hockey socks over my knee pads. What is key is then using hockey sock tape above the knee and below. Doing that and you should not have any issues. Next time I suit up I’ll take a pic and share so you can see. 

My old sticks (a silver/black Nike|Bauer Vapor XX, and a yellow RBK 6K) needed to be retired (the Vapor was just generally beat to hell, and the RBK took a shot off the handle that cracked it last time I played).  Picked up a pair of Warrior CR3’s the other day, hopefully that will keep me set for a while.  I honestly can’t even remember the last time I had a matched pair of sticks, but I know it was when Christian was still making the Curtis Curve...

D9BC3E76-0FE7-43BC-8241-26360B4F13CA.thumb.jpeg.640f22572216258e7b23d581df817923.jpeg

2 sets of boot risers from PAW came in last Friday (both 1/2") for my two sets of pads.

Yesterday, my Vaughn VE8 legs came in. Glove/blocker will be here shortly (don't worry, will put up pics soon as everything is here)

Today I ordered some HAL straps. Want to give those a try.

My turn to post my setup ! 

Pads

Vaughn V4 NCAA pro return 

Gloves

Bauer total one and one 100 made by JRZ

**Not pictured**

Helmet Eddy GT III Ulimited

RBK pro pants

RBK P4 pro chest protector

CCM Vector 10.0 skates with bauer Vertexx 4mm cowling (i know they are old but but i'm just too comfy in them ! )

Custom Milwaukee Admiral jersey (bought on DH Gate)

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg