Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Mind sharing details on the specs you ordered? 

Don't mind at all.

Pads: 32+1, Recessed foam with removable knee cradle wrap, single adjustable knee strap, HD foam toe arrangement, Pre-curved/single internal break/no outer break, tight fit leg channel with 2 calf straps, shallow leg channel with soft boot, center leg channel is nylon and removable boot strap under heel

Blocker: Senior/regular size palm, binding-less edge, half piece cuff, Sure Grip palm, curved finger protection and centered palm

Palm: Senior size/regular size palm, Game ready,  590/one-piece cuff and thumb, single offset Tee +1 and webbing wrist

While my heart belongs to Lefebvre's gear, they simply offer way too many options (especially on pads) that made the ordering process confusing and somewhat difficult.

On 4/2/2018 at 1:00 AM, daffy said:

Mako2s are my latest purchase.  Hope the long search for skates is over.

20180315_135850.jpg

How are you finding there? I've been really curious about this set-up for a few years now but haven't come across any boots yet. 

2 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Don't mind at all.

Pads: 32+1, Recessed foam with removable knee cradle wrap, single adjustable knee strap, HD foam toe arrangement, Pre-curved/single internal break/no outer break, tight fit leg channel with 2 calf straps, shallow leg channel with soft boot, center leg channel is nylon and removable boot strap under heel

Blocker: Senior/regular size palm, binding-less edge, half piece cuff, Sure Grip palm, curved finger protection and centered palm

Palm: Senior size/regular size palm, Game ready,  590/one-piece cuff and thumb, single offset Tee +1 and webbing wrist

While my heart belongs to Lefebvre's gear, they simply offer way too many options (especially on pads) that made the ordering process confusing and somewhat difficult.

Cool specs!! I don't need a new set, but I've played around with the customizer a few dozen times.

I agree on the innumerable combination of options. IMO I think they should have say 3 or 4 (maybe 4 is even too high) "pre-builds" the Lefevre staff consider either common combinations or "purposeful combinations." They could even base the combinations on their Pros... Fleury Spec, Luongo Spec, Crawford Spec. From there you can roll as is or fully customize. Not too different from what they do with stock color schemes.

I liken it to (and perhaps an obscure reference) but the ice cream shops where you actually build you own ice cream. The dairy/non-dairy base, flavor combinations, add ins, etc etc etc... gives people too much opportunity to screw it up. Tell me what you guys feel is good, if i want to add a little something I'll ask.

2 hours ago, craig said:

How are you finding there? I've been really curious about this set-up for a few years now but haven't come across any boots yet. 

Haven't been able to use them yet!  Been out since mid February with shoulder issue.  Physio no help.  Sports doc appointment tomorrow.  Feel great in the basement everytime i put them on though.

I should note. The Makos are a size 7.5.  My grafs and bauers are size 8.  I went down 1/2 size, some guys kept same size in Makos as they had in other skates.  

Edited by daffy

8 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Cool specs!! I don't need a new set, but I've played around with the customizer a few dozen times.

I agree on the innumerable combination of options. IMO I think they should have say 3 or 4 (maybe 4 is even too high) "pre-builds" the Lefevre staff consider either common combinations or "purposeful combinations." They could even base the combinations on their Pros... Fleury Spec, Luongo Spec, Crawford Spec. From there you can roll as is or fully customize. Not too different from what they do with stock color schemes.

I liken it to (and perhaps an obscure reference) but the ice cream shops where you actually build you own ice cream. The dairy/non-dairy base, flavor combinations, add ins, etc etc etc... gives people too much opportunity to screw it up. Tell me what you guys feel is good, if i want to add a little something I'll ask.

Zero options for customizing gear like back in the early days of the original RBK Premier is lousy but too many options can be just as bad.

For example, offering a pad with just as many external breaks as internals is the ultimate in redundancy. By that point you should be in the E-Flex family pad. That bloody Marty Turco was the one that started all the nonsense. Anyway, you see where I'm going with this.

On 4/16/2018 at 7:47 PM, Aquilzz said:

Nice stuff! Goalie Heaven is a great store and the stuff the Arcadis build is always top notch.

How do you keep your warrior knee pads up? As in the top portion...I've worn them under compression pants AND socks but the top half still manages to slide down and bother me in my butterfly. 

Here is a pic of how I tape my knee pads. I tape the top part and below the knee. I find getting the top on the top part is most critical. Hope that helps. 

858F8D59-CA20-4FC2-A664-EDCB3915CECE.jpeg

201A7F67-18D6-4814-8ECB-566D9F02065E.jpeg

Picked up some pro return Varlamov Vaughn pants, look like Velocities.  They're the new slimmed down version with the double hip pad.
I wanted to try something new because my CCM 13As already have seams coming loose (at the crotch and in the bottom of the thighs).

The thigh blocks are roughly 1/4" thicker than the last pair of Velocity pro returns I tried.
Outermost hip pad feels like it's padded with HD foam, the inside one is much softer.  I think the stock Velocity pant has a soft foam piece here.
It's a very well-made piece; I haven't been drawn very much to Vaughn's recent offerings, but it's good to see they can still do a great pant.

image.png.435a47f3abac8105c32ee62387cb130c.pngimage.thumb.png.20f9edaf510147a531e67731cfe13bed.pngimage.png.cb980af8eb9af55c4dda4bcac8251fd4.png

• Like 1